Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new custom jacket Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?Last edited: 10/12/12
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 114
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1697 of 50569/8/12 at 3:25pmI'm also hesitant to post these pics, as I think the quality is horrible (blackberry cam..), but I figured I give this a shot to see if it's worth any critique.
Suit is Pal Zileri (blue label line..). It's my first really slim fitting suit, and I'm having second doubts on how it fits. Mostly the pants. Maybe I'm just used to the fuller/baggier feel of pants and I actually liked the slimmer, no break look of the pants. Again, my biggest problem is the size of my butt/thighs, as I've had problems with pants flaring at pockets. I just think it's unavoidable especially after walking, but again maybe my standards are too low.
Anyway. Please feel free to suggest anything. I understand the pics are garbage, so if that's the case, I will delete the thread.
TIA.post #1698 of 50569/8/12 at 4:57pm
I'm wondering what can be done to improve the fit of my suit. There seems to be a lot of weird creases, bumps, pulls, etc. There's collar roll, pulling at the shoulder / blades, dimpling at the shoulder, messiness in the vent area, etc. I think my pants are okay, I did get them hemmed to almost a no-break so I can show my colorful socks (not pictured here).
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!post #1699 of 50569/8/12 at 10:14pmFor the love of fully canvassed jackets, can you people take some decent photographs? Look at the first post in this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions/0_50#post_4815508
Do your pictures bear any resemblance to the lighting and composition of these pictures? No? Then take a different picture.post #1700 of 50569/8/12 at 11:45pmpost #1701 of 50569/9/12 at 4:23ampost #1702 of 50569/9/12 at 5:56ampost #1703 of 50569/9/12 at 7:14ampost #1704 of 50569/9/12 at 7:37ampost #1705 of 50569/9/12 at 7:44amQuote:
Sleeves too short, possibly a long front balance. The buckling around the button is probably caused by a low left shoulder on the hanger. Very difficult to fix on a finished garment.post #1706 of 50569/9/12 at 10:16ampost #1707 of 50569/9/12 at 10:45ampost #1708 of 50569/9/12 at 1:46pmTapering question for the resident tailors:
I was under the impression that tapering pents requires taking in on both sides (inseam + outside) equally to keep the crease centered. Can tuxedo pants with ribbon strip on the outside be tapered? Does the tailor have to take off the ribbon and resew it? Is it more costly to taper tuxedo pants?
thanks!post #1709 of 50569/9/12 at 2:45pmYes, the crease is centered on the front panels. If you only take the trouser on the inseam, the crease is closer to the inseam and not centered. It also increases the curve of the back part on the inseam to work on the inseam only. If you are tapering a very slight amount you could get away with tapering the inseam, remove and reset the crease. You would reduce a lot of the work, time and cost. If tapering more, then it is best to remove the braid and taper properly. Braids are applied using different methods. Some are sewn into the seam and some applied on the top surface of the cloth. The sewn in method will be more work and more expensive to do.
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 4 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 28 seconds ago
- › The Official Styleforum Boston Meetup Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Ray Ban Cats 5000 Black Aviator Unisex 5 minutes ago
- › Chromecast 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)