Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 6/3/15 at 4:58am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 114
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1697 of 58279/8/12 at 3:25pmI'm also hesitant to post these pics, as I think the quality is horrible (blackberry cam..), but I figured I give this a shot to see if it's worth any critique.
Suit is Pal Zileri (blue label line..). It's my first really slim fitting suit, and I'm having second doubts on how it fits. Mostly the pants. Maybe I'm just used to the fuller/baggier feel of pants and I actually liked the slimmer, no break look of the pants. Again, my biggest problem is the size of my butt/thighs, as I've had problems with pants flaring at pockets. I just think it's unavoidable especially after walking, but again maybe my standards are too low.
Anyway. Please feel free to suggest anything. I understand the pics are garbage, so if that's the case, I will delete the thread.
TIA.post #1698 of 58279/8/12 at 4:57pm
I'm wondering what can be done to improve the fit of my suit. There seems to be a lot of weird creases, bumps, pulls, etc. There's collar roll, pulling at the shoulder / blades, dimpling at the shoulder, messiness in the vent area, etc. I think my pants are okay, I did get them hemmed to almost a no-break so I can show my colorful socks (not pictured here).
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!post #1699 of 58279/8/12 at 10:14pmFor the love of fully canvassed jackets, can you people take some decent photographs? Look at the first post in this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions/0_50#post_4815508
Do your pictures bear any resemblance to the lighting and composition of these pictures? No? Then take a different picture.post #1700 of 58279/8/12 at 11:45pmpost #1701 of 58279/9/12 at 4:23ampost #1702 of 58279/9/12 at 5:56ampost #1703 of 58279/9/12 at 7:14ampost #1704 of 58279/9/12 at 7:37ampost #1705 of 58279/9/12 at 7:44amQuote:
Sleeves too short, possibly a long front balance. The buckling around the button is probably caused by a low left shoulder on the hanger. Very difficult to fix on a finished garment.post #1706 of 58279/9/12 at 10:16ampost #1707 of 58279/9/12 at 10:45ampost #1708 of 58279/9/12 at 1:46pmTapering question for the resident tailors:
I was under the impression that tapering pents requires taking in on both sides (inseam + outside) equally to keep the crease centered. Can tuxedo pants with ribbon strip on the outside be tapered? Does the tailor have to take off the ribbon and resew it? Is it more costly to taper tuxedo pants?
thanks!post #1709 of 58279/9/12 at 2:45pmYes, the crease is centered on the front panels. If you only take the trouser on the inseam, the crease is closer to the inseam and not centered. It also increases the curve of the back part on the inseam to work on the inseam only. If you are tapering a very slight amount you could get away with tapering the inseam, remove and reset the crease. You would reduce a lot of the work, time and cost. If tapering more, then it is best to remove the braid and taper properly. Braids are applied using different methods. Some are sewn into the seam and some applied on the top surface of the cloth. The sewn in method will be more work and more expensive to do.
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 seconds ago
- › MULTIPLE NWT Ralph Lauren Purple and Label Suits! Variety of styles... 1 minute ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › 7-1 drop! New Gaziano & Girling Westminster Vintage Rioja Size 9.5F... 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › E. Marinella Colognes and Fragrances 7 minutes ago
- › NYC Meet-Up Tuesday, July 21st 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...