Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 9/2/15 at 11:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 114
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1697 of 60289/8/12 at 3:25pmI'm also hesitant to post these pics, as I think the quality is horrible (blackberry cam..), but I figured I give this a shot to see if it's worth any critique.
Suit is Pal Zileri (blue label line..). It's my first really slim fitting suit, and I'm having second doubts on how it fits. Mostly the pants. Maybe I'm just used to the fuller/baggier feel of pants and I actually liked the slimmer, no break look of the pants. Again, my biggest problem is the size of my butt/thighs, as I've had problems with pants flaring at pockets. I just think it's unavoidable especially after walking, but again maybe my standards are too low.
Anyway. Please feel free to suggest anything. I understand the pics are garbage, so if that's the case, I will delete the thread.
TIA.post #1698 of 60289/8/12 at 4:57pm
I'm wondering what can be done to improve the fit of my suit. There seems to be a lot of weird creases, bumps, pulls, etc. There's collar roll, pulling at the shoulder / blades, dimpling at the shoulder, messiness in the vent area, etc. I think my pants are okay, I did get them hemmed to almost a no-break so I can show my colorful socks (not pictured here).
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!post #1699 of 60289/8/12 at 10:14pmFor the love of fully canvassed jackets, can you people take some decent photographs? Look at the first post in this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions/0_50#post_4815508
Do your pictures bear any resemblance to the lighting and composition of these pictures? No? Then take a different picture.post #1700 of 60289/8/12 at 11:45pmpost #1701 of 60289/9/12 at 4:23ampost #1702 of 60289/9/12 at 5:56ampost #1703 of 60289/9/12 at 7:14ampost #1704 of 60289/9/12 at 7:37ampost #1705 of 60289/9/12 at 7:44amQuote:
Sleeves too short, possibly a long front balance. The buckling around the button is probably caused by a low left shoulder on the hanger. Very difficult to fix on a finished garment.post #1706 of 60289/9/12 at 10:16ampost #1707 of 60289/9/12 at 10:45ampost #1708 of 60289/9/12 at 1:46pmTapering question for the resident tailors:
I was under the impression that tapering pents requires taking in on both sides (inseam + outside) equally to keep the crease centered. Can tuxedo pants with ribbon strip on the outside be tapered? Does the tailor have to take off the ribbon and resew it? Is it more costly to taper tuxedo pants?
thanks!post #1709 of 60289/9/12 at 2:45pmYes, the crease is centered on the front panels. If you only take the trouser on the inseam, the crease is closer to the inseam and not centered. It also increases the curve of the back part on the inseam to work on the inseam only. If you are tapering a very slight amount you could get away with tapering the inseam, remove and reset the crease. You would reduce a lot of the work, time and cost. If tapering more, then it is best to remove the braid and taper properly. Braids are applied using different methods. Some are sewn into the seam and some applied on the top surface of the cloth. The sewn in method will be more work and more expensive to do.
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › Fly fishing 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Nespresso Club 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 8 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015