or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 87

post #1291 of 5332
467

467

467

38R Ralph Lauren Trim Fit.

The pants around the waist fits prefect. Got the pants hemmed at the cleaners.


Thanks
post #1292 of 5332

Looking to pick this suit up OTR but need some feedback

 - Jacket: 38R

 - Trousers: 32/32

 

Do you think the 38R length is good or should I look into a 38S instead?

 

How is the overall fit?

 

 - List of alterations:

    - waist suppression & upper back

    - shorten sleeves

    - hem trousers

 

anything else you tailors see?

 

652e365d.jpg

post #1293 of 5332
itsmejmson

can you show us the short?
post #1294 of 5332
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronegoldberg View Post

467
467
467
38R Ralph Lauren Trim Fit.
The pants around the waist fits prefect. Got the pants hemmed at the cleaners.
Thanks

 Maybe get the jacket waisted by taking it in at the side seams. Not sure I'd alter the shoulder width though because that's more tricky to do but mybe waisting the jacket can change the appearance of the shoulders. Talk to the tailor and see what he says.

post #1295 of 5332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post


It would be easier for you to find the previous discussions here about this. Jefferyd explained it with diagrams of the chest construction and how it effects the roll of the lapel.
Basically you control the roll of the lapel by adjusting the length of the collar. The longer the collar the higher the lapel will roll. To roll the lapel lower, you shorten the collar and cut away the chest piece if it is in the way. This is how to make the adjustment permanent.

Ok.  Thanks.  I do feel a bit of the chest piece in the way if rolling the lapel to the middle button.  I will check Jefferyd's post on this.

post #1296 of 5332
Quote:
Originally Posted by a tailor View Post

itsmejmson
can you show us the short?

unfortunately there wasn't a short,  I did go to another location today that had

the short but was unable to get a picture with the short on since I didn't have my

wife with me this time.

 

Do you think the regular is a tad on the long side?

 

I did however measure the length of both the short & regular from the bottom of 

the collar to bottom of jacket

 - regular: 30in

 - short: 28.5in - "ish"

 

from what I remember here is where I believe the short would be at (roughly):

 -w/ the short I was able to fully cuff my fingers underneath the jacket

brsuit_short.jpg

post #1297 of 5332

Duplicate.


Edited by StormRider - 7/5/12 at 3:43pm
post #1298 of 5332
itsmejason
usually the difference between short and regular
length is an inch and a half .yes the reg looks long.
the sleeve will be an inch shorter on the short.
post #1299 of 5332
Hi all,

three OTR suits from SuitSupply woth different fits, would like to know which is the best for me and/or easiest to get tailored to suit me properly. I'll return the two others.

First off, basic navy, Sienna fit:
468
468
468
468

Second, medium gray, Sevilla fit:
468
468
468
468

Finally, charcoal, Napoli fit:
468
468
468
468

Main problem in my eyes is the weird rippling at the top of the sleeves. For some reason, this is more pronounced on the right side (do I have a droopy right shoulder?). The ripples at the back lower right, I think, are mostly due to the back vents that I didn't bother to let out.

So, which one of the three do I keep, and what do I need to get altered?
post #1300 of 5332
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmejson View Post

unfortunately there wasn't a short,  I did go to another location today that had

the short but was unable to get a picture with the short on since I didn't have my

wife with me this time.

 

Do you think the regular is a tad on the long side?

 

I did however measure the length of both the short & regular from the bottom of 

the collar to bottom of jacket

 - regular: 30in

 - short: 28.5in - "ish"

 

from what I remember here is where I believe the short would be at (roughly):

 -w/ the short I was able to fully cuff my fingers underneath the jacket

brsuit_short.jpg

 

Looks ok to me, especially for work. I suppose the flamboyant in me, for going out in and such, would be a bit shorter. I like to show a bit of shirt at the cuffs when the arm hangs naturally but the sleeve vents and button holes may be a restrictive in what can be altered. One thing though, if you do have the jacket shortened I would shorten the trouser leg too to take a bit of the roll out of the bottom of the leg. Nice suit though.

post #1301 of 5332

Dear all, 

 

I'm reposting in this thread as I believe it is more appropriate. I got this suit in Rome. The jacket is a 50 R, which was right at the shoulders but too wide at the waist.So the jacket was taken in a bit at the waist, but I don't really like the result. It looks like there is excess material between the shoulders and I don't like the vertical folds/plaits near the shoulders. Could you let me know what  you think of the back of this jacket?

 

Am I being too difficult? If not, do you think a tailor can do anything about this?

 

 I'd be grateful for your comments! Thanks!

 

(The pictures may be deformed a bit but it gives a fair impression of it anyway.)

 

IMG_5476.JPGIMG_5477.JPG

post #1302 of 5332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier paulo View Post

Dear all, 

I'm reposting in this thread as I believe it is more appropriate. I got this suit in Rome. The jacket is a 50 R, which was right at the shoulders but too wide at the waist.So the jacket was taken in a bit at the waist, but I don't really like the result. It looks like there is excess material between the shoulders and I don't like the vertical folds/plaits near the shoulders. Could you let me know what  you think of the back of this jacket?

Am I being too difficult? If not, do you think a tailor can do anything about this?

 I'd be grateful for your comments! Thanks!

(The pictures may be deformed a bit but it gives a fair impression of it anyway.)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
350x263px-LL-3b9ab730_IMG_5476.jpeg350x263px-LL-62fa0d66_IMG_5477.jpeg
[
/quote]

Jacket looks large on you. The blades can be reduced but you have to go all the way up to the shoulder. You might want to narrow the shoulders. Would require removing the sleeves so it will require someone with the skills to do so. Problem with reducing the blades as much as you need is the back can only be reduced and nothing at the top of the side body. If you reduce the side body it distorts the armhole shape and makes it deeper and you won't like the result. I think you need a smaller sized jacket
post #1303 of 5332

Duplicate.


Edited by StormRider - 7/5/12 at 3:43pm
post #1304 of 5332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier paulo View Post

Dear all, 

 

I'm reposting in this thread as I believe it is more appropriate. I got this suit in Rome. The jacket is a 50 R, which was right at the shoulders but too wide at the waist.So the jacket was taken in a bit at the waist, but I don't really like the result. It looks like there is excess material between the shoulders and I don't like the vertical folds/plaits near the shoulders. Could you let me know what  you think of the back of this jacket?

 

Am I being too difficult? If not, do you think a tailor can do anything about this?

 

 I'd be grateful for your comments! Thanks!

 

(The pictures may be deformed a bit but it gives a fair impression of it anyway.)

 

IMG_5476.JPGIMG_5477.JPG

To my untrained eyes, I thought the collar is a bit low, and it's maybe 1/2" to 1" too long.

post #1305 of 5332

Hello all, I'm a long-time poster to the thrift thread; I've been finding nice stuff for a while now, but these are the first items that are close enough for me to take a visit to the tailor. And .... I've never been to a tailor before! (I know ... 29, and I've never visited a tailor. Go figure.) So what do I need done? And how do I communicate that? I know there's a bit more to do with the second one. If it needs more than $100 in work, I'll probably just sell it.

 

 

Linen/Silk Isaia I bought from a thrifter

 

7476294986_0e17ba615d.jpg

 

Wool/Flax/Silk Corneliani (Thanks, Goodwill!)

 

7476295192_6bd900ef42.jpg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions