or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New CJ Audley III, Last 367!! (Scanlation from Oct. issue MEN's EX)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New CJ Audley III, Last 367!! (Scanlation from Oct. issue MEN's EX) - Page 2

post #16 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post


What brand is available in Taiwan? Santoni/Testoni/JL? I guess you can count LV as well...

in Taiwan? You got it right on: Santoni, Testoni, John Lobb, also Loake, Brooks Brothers (for some Aldens), not sure but RL here possibly stocks EG made shoes?.......I've also seen some Trickers before in one store.....also plenty of Regal (Japanese), usual big brands like LV/Gucci/Ferragamo/Zegna/Dunhill.....and yeah, if you're interested, the 2 big Taiwanese shoe brands are called La New and A-so biggrin.gif
post #17 of 30
...
Edited by sairiya - 9/29/11 at 6:05pm
post #18 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sairiya View Post

There is an Alden store as well.

The Ralph Lauren store in Taipei101 do not stock RLPL shoes.

But there is a guy importing English shoes, EG, JL Paris, GG, C&J... you name it.


By the way,

there is an English trained bespoke shoemaker in Taiwan,

not to menton Eric Cook visited Taiwan a couple years ago.

That was the guy (and his shoes) featured on the cover of

Men's EX The World of High End Men's Shoes Volume III.


Local shoemakers are fine.

The problem is that they can not source top grade leathers

since Taiwan is a relatively small market.

oh yeah? would you mind telling me where the Alden store is? Feal free to PM me pleez smile.gif
yeah, i saw the link from earlier posts somewhere about the blog made by that Taiwanese shoemaker, looks quite promising!

yeah, there's plenty of dealers in Japan who import (or simply purchase at retail price) high end shoes and selling them with some premium on yahoo auction, not sure you're talking about those kinda dealers in taiwan...
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post


What brand is available in Taiwan? Santoni/Testoni/JL? I guess you can count LV as well...

in Taiwan? You got it right on: Santoni, Testoni, John Lobb, also Loake, Brooks Brothers (for some Aldens), not sure but RL here possibly stocks EG made shoes?.......I've also seen some Trickers before in one store.....also plenty of Regal (Japanese), usual big brands like LV/Gucci/Ferragamo/Zegna/Dunhill.....and yeah, if you're interested, the 2 big Taiwanese shoe brands are called La New and A-so biggrin.gif

don't laugh, my first dress loafer was by La New..., had to wear dress shoes when I went to the States for boarding school...
post #20 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sairiya View Post

There is an Alden store as well.
The Ralph Lauren store in Taipei101 do not stock RLPL shoes.
But there is a guy importing English shoes, EG, JL Paris, GG, C&J... you name it.
By the way,
there is an English trained bespoke shoemaker in Taiwan,
not to menton Eric Cook visited Taiwan a couple years ago.
That was the guy (and his shoes) featured on the cover of
Men's EX The World of High End Men's Shoes Volume III.
Local shoemakers are fine.
The problem is that they can not source top grade leathers
since Taiwan is a relatively small market.

Do you have the name of the guy who was English trained? I knew my dad was using one guy.
post #21 of 30
Thread Starter 
not sure if this is the one sairiya was talking about though....神岡右線鞋工坊
They're located in Taichung, and does hand made MTO shoes measured with 'Japanese laser scanning?' technology, probably similar one used by Madras MTO shoes in Japan.

They have a blog (not updated for couple of years though)
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/siguoyang/

and an old newspaper article
http://big5.huaxia.com/ly/ylgw/tw/2008/05/956549.html

Not sure of their current status.
post #22 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

don't laugh, my first dress loafer was by La New..., had to wear dress shoes when I went to the States for boarding school...

La New!! Nice to hear!!

apparently they're quite comfortable. My dad keeps on going back to them for more ( apparently not so long lasting either......)
post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

not sure if this is the one sairiya was talking about though....神岡右線鞋工坊
They're located in Taichung, and does hand made MTO shoes measured with 'Japanese laser scanning?' technology, probably similar one used by Madras MTO shoes in Japan.
They have a blog (not updated for couple of years though)
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/siguoyang/
and an old newspaper article
http://big5.huaxia.com/ly/ylgw/tw/2008/05/956549.html
Not sure of their current status.

ah, probably not then, pretty sure the one my dad uses is in Taipei, guess I will find out when I go back in mid Oct.
post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

La New!! Nice to hear!!
apparently they're quite comfortable. My dad keeps on going back to them for more ( apparently not so long lasting either......)

well, it lasted me for a while with New England kind of winter (Worcester), but looks utterly disgusting in less than 3 month, not like I was giving too much caring either. All this was back in 1998?
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

oh yeah? would you mind telling me where the Alden store is? Feal free to PM me pleez smile.gif
yeah, i saw the link from earlier posts somewhere about the blog made by that Taiwanese shoemaker, looks quite promising!
yeah, there's plenty of dealers in Japan who import (or simply purchase at retail price) high end shoes and selling them with some premium on yahoo auction, not sure you're talking about those kinda dealers in taiwan...

https://www.facebook.com/AUTHENTIC.at.Hotel.V?sk=wall

I think this guy is importing Alden and all those SW&D items such as Filson bags with a store front.

And if you need a proxy, let me know.
post #26 of 30
I wonder what the price is like in Taipei for Aldens. Probably a nice premium.
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshinex View Post

I wonder what the price is like in Taipei for Aldens. Probably a nice premium.

Japanese price convert to TWD...? I hope not.
post #28 of 30
Thread Starter 
yeah I remember talking to the guys at Tassels in Hong Kong. They had to price their Aldens just right, not too cheap to bite into their slim profit (with tariffs), but not too expensive either. I think they price their regular line Aldens like 30-40 USD more than you can get in US, just enough to undercut the price of directly buying from USA (usually $50 shipping charge) from HK. But they do mark up quite a bit on unique MTO models. Either way, its cheaper than in Japan, and Japanese tourists make up a bulk of their clientele biggrin.gif
post #29 of 30
Anyone in Japan seen this shoe (or any other model on 367 last) for sale yet? I've been checking on the internet but I haven't found it anywhere.
post #30 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King View Post

Anyone in Japan seen this shoe (or any other model on 367 last) for sale yet? I've been checking on the internet but I haven't found it anywhere.

I think Japanese vendors (and C&J) are careful not to have Japan-only models sold on internet. There's like gazillion MTO (by the store/buyer's specs) models available only
in Japan. I know that Audley III in 367 are sold at the Isetan Department store.

btw Audley II is available only at BEAMS. They're essentially same as Audley with 337 but with Pitched Heels and a tighter fitting (width D as standard)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New CJ Audley III, Last 367!! (Scanlation from Oct. issue MEN's EX)