or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Styleforum member?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Styleforum member?

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
This kid wore a suit (tux?) on the first day of school.
11school2-articleLarge-v2.jpg
http://www.nytimes.com/schoolbook/2011/09/08/on-the-road-with-chancellor-walcott/
Edited by chorse123 - 9/9/11 at 12:53pm
post #2 of 20

If there is one that that Mr. Falls has it's class.

post #3 of 20
The kid in the yellow polo in the background looks like a N00B admiring Spoo's WAYWN for the first time. Perfect mix of shocked and intrigued.
post #4 of 20
This kid will one day own a major corporation and all the other kids will be working for him.
post #5 of 20
No pocket square = FAIL*




*I felt like a real douchbag typing that BTW
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander View Post

No pocket square = FAIL*




*I felt like a real douchbag typing that BTW

White name tag can compensate the lack of pocket square icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #7 of 20
I wonder what his parents wore to drop him off.
post #8 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galix View Post


White name tag can compensate the lack of pocket square icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Exactly. He planned ahead.
post #9 of 20
Not an SF member. I hope this isn't an SF member's kid, either because making a kid dress like this is child abuse.




It's either a black suit, which is bad enough or a tuxedo in the middle of the day. Plus, that is clearly a clip-on bow tie.

The teachers have probably notified the authorities. They have a duty to report stuff like this to CPS.
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galix View Post


White name tag can compensate the lack of pocket square icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Yeah, I was going to let it slide until I realized it was on the right side.
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder View Post

Not an SF member. I hope this isn't an SF member's kid, either because making a kid dress like this is child abuse.

It's either a black suit, which is bad enough or a tuxedo in the middle of the day. Plus, that is clearly a clip-on bow tie.

The teachers have probably notified the authorities. They have a duty to report stuff like this to the Fashion Police.

FYP.
post #12 of 20
Thread Starter 
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post

Just saw this a second place...

2011_09_mayortux.jpg
http://gothamist.com/2011/09/09/child_wears_tuxedo_for_first_day_of.php

His shirt and jacket sleeve lengths are commendable. He is already weary of the disappearing shirt sleeve. Also, satin around the pockets and satin lapels (it appears). Tux fa sure. Maybe he'll realize the error and start wearing morning coats once he hits 5th grade...
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post


His shirt and jacket sleeve lengths are commendable. He is already weary of the disappearing shirt sleeve. Also, satin around the pockets and satin lapels (it appears). Tux fa sure. Maybe he'll realize the error and start wearing morning coats once he hits 5th grade...

Are you talking about the kid or Bloomberg?
post #15 of 20
Why is the Mayor of NYC meeting children in tuxedos? Doesn't he have other things to deal with?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Styleforum member?