or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nike Now Selling McFly's Sneakers from Back to the Future Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nike Now Selling McFly's Sneakers from Back to the Future Part 2 - Page 2

post #16 of 30
wonder if RFX is copping
post #17 of 30
No power laces and Nike says they're not intended to be used as actual footwear. Fuck this.
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post

No power laces and Nike says they're not intended to be used as actual footwear. Fuck this.

where does it say that?
post #19 of 30
Now every bid is currently @ $5K. ffffuuuu.gif
post #20 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmt View Post


where does it say that?

Q: WERE THE 2011 NIKE MAG SHOES USED IN THE FILM BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II?
The 2011 NIKE MAG shoes are movie prop replicas inspired by the Nike shoes appearing in the 1989 film Back to the Future Part II. The 2011 NIKE MAG shoes are not designed or intended for normal wear and use as footwear.
post #21 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post

No power laces and Nike says they're not intended to be used as actual footwear. Fuck this.

It's for charity. :/
post #22 of 30
Imagine how high the bids would be if it was open to bids outside the US
post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post

No power laces and Nike says they're not intended to be used as actual footwear. Fuck this.

It's kind of annoying that Nike has apparently a patent for power lace sneakers, yet these won't have them. 700
post #24 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Huh? View Post


It's kind of annoying that Nike has apparently a patent for power lace sneakers, yet these won't have them. 700

For a couple thousand dollars, you'd think they'd include a motor
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Huh? View Post


It's kind of annoying that Nike has apparently a patent for power lace sneakers, yet these won't have them. 700

You do realize that people have patents for all types of shit that doesn't necessarily work or work well, right? The patent system is fucked. The fact they have that patent doesn't mean they can implement it in production. It isn't proof apparent that they are holding something back.

I'm in no position to defend Nike, and I don't see any of the hype in the MAGs (love the movies and the idea of the shoes in them, don't see any benefit in owning them), but I somehow think if they had a well-functioning system they would have done it. Then again, they are making such a fuckload of money on these (for charity, no less), it makes you wonder why a $5K plus shoe wouldn't have that no matter how much it might cost.

Oh well. Would have made these a whole lot cooler. I still don't quite get it.

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply
post #26 of 30
Thread Starter 
They're not bad looking from the front. Ugly from the side though

michael-j-fox-david-letterman-3.jpg
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSneaker View Post


You do realize that people have patents for all types of shit that doesn't necessarily work or work well, right? The patent system is fucked. The fact they have that patent doesn't mean they can implement it in production. It isn't proof apparent that they are holding something back.

I'm in no position to defend Nike, and I don't see any of the hype in the MAGs (love the movies and the idea of the shoes in them, don't see any benefit in owning them), but I somehow think if they had a well-functioning system they would have done it. Then again, they are making such a fuckload of money on these (for charity, no less), it makes you wonder why a $5K plus shoe wouldn't have that no matter how much it might cost.

Oh well. Would have made these a whole lot cooler. I still don't quite get it.

Sure, but the patent in question is obviously based on those Back to the Future sneakers. If people see Nike is trying to develop sneakers based on the concept used in the movie, then a year later are about to release replicas of the same sneaker, I think it's reasonable for people to be a bit disappointed that they won't have that technology. Still, it's for charity, so I guess that's all that matters.
post #28 of 30
It said on the website to wait until 2015 for the power lace version. It's only 2011 now, I'm sure Nike will be milking this for all it's worth over the next few years.
post #29 of 30
dudes, this isn't nike trying to squeeze an extra 5gs from rich people to cover their bottom line. All proceeds are going directly to charity + being matched by Nike I believe, this is a CHARITY EVENT for a GOOD CAUSE. Parkinsons blows. What is with all the haters? You're not going to buy these shoes to wear and take pictures of for internet strangers. If I was the CEO of a company or a rich person who regularly donated 10k+ a year to charities anyway, I'd consider these a sweet kickback, especially if you love BTTF. And then I'd donate again for another pair for power laces in 5 years (I think that was a joke... because BTTF pt 2 was set in 2015...)
post #30 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by chim View Post

dudes, this isn't nike trying to squeeze an extra 5gs from rich people to cover their bottom line. All proceeds are going directly to charity + being matched by Nike I believe, this is a CHARITY EVENT for a GOOD CAUSE. Parkinsons blows. What is with all the haters? You're not going to buy these shoes to wear and take pictures of for internet strangers. If I was the CEO of a company or a rich person who regularly donated 10k+ a year to charities anyway, I'd consider these a sweet kickback, especially if you love BTTF. And then I'd donate again for another pair for power laces in 5 years (I think that was a joke... because BTTF pt 2 was set in 2015...)

sergei from google and someone else (forget the name) are matching all contributions up to 50 million, so id say this is great regardless of the shoes or what they can and cant do and how ugly they are. these arent intended for sneakerheads to grab ahold of and rock and resell
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nike Now Selling McFly's Sneakers from Back to the Future Part 2