Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:21 am in Classic Menswear
- The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
you know when you're an SF'er when - Page 5post #61 of 2069/6/11 at 9:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62 of 2069/7/11 at 4:17ampost #63 of 2069/7/11 at 4:37ampost #64 of 2069/7/11 at 5:28ampost #65 of 2069/7/11 at 5:39amQuote:
It is the total opposite buddy. Young guys in this forum think that dressing like a 50 year old is cool.post #66 of 2069/7/11 at 6:51ampost #67 of 2069/7/11 at 7:25am
this is so funny. A buddy of mine was talking about what makes him happy......"T&A man.....T&A!" my first reply was " I like their shit but im realy getting into neopolitan makers now"
I got a really strange look.post #68 of 2069/7/11 at 8:30amQuote:
i bet he thought neopolitan was a strippers namepost #69 of 2069/7/11 at 8:36amYou know you're an SF'er when ...
you can spot a real Anderson & Sheppard coat at ten paces distance.post #70 of 2069/7/11 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Melanzana
It seems that way and in fact many are dressing like my 100 yo grandfather Oh well, I guess that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Most of those 50+ guys are getting all of the hot college girls and I guess they think they can get one too if they dress like them. Never happened. Takes a lot more than that kids.
7 figure income?post #71 of 2069/7/11 at 2:27pmpost #72 of 2069/7/11 at 3:36pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Melanzana
All normal people find them disgusting too. I have quite a few shoes (AE,CJ. Peal etc) which are all in ex cond. that I really no longer use that I'll just throw away. I'd feel strange about selling used shoes and it feels a little creepy to me. Shoes are a very personal item. Even the homeless don't wear used shoes.Besides, shoes are a disposible item like underwaer and whether they last for 1 year or 10 years their ultimate end is in the garbage.
Sorry, this is opinion masquerading as fact. Having worked with homeless people, I can tell you for dead certain that your wrong about that, and as for me, I have several pairs of used shoes and they are all among my favourites. And it is just silly, not to say unethical, to throw away shoes that you don't want that are in top condition. Good shoes are crafted items, with a lot of embodied energy and effort in them. They aren't remotely like underwear or 'disposable'. We aren't talking trainers here.post #73 of 2069/7/11 at 5:00pmpost #74 of 2069/7/11 at 5:12pmpost #75 of 2069/7/11 at 5:16pm
- you know when you're an SF'er when
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...