Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 9:21 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread Last post on Today at 8:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
you know when you're an SF'er when - Page 5post #61 of 2069/6/11 at 9:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62 of 2069/7/11 at 4:17ampost #63 of 2069/7/11 at 4:37ampost #64 of 2069/7/11 at 5:28ampost #65 of 2069/7/11 at 5:39amQuote:
It is the total opposite buddy. Young guys in this forum think that dressing like a 50 year old is cool.post #66 of 2069/7/11 at 6:51ampost #67 of 2069/7/11 at 7:25am
this is so funny. A buddy of mine was talking about what makes him happy......"T&A man.....T&A!" my first reply was " I like their shit but im realy getting into neopolitan makers now"
I got a really strange look.post #68 of 2069/7/11 at 8:30amQuote:
i bet he thought neopolitan was a strippers namepost #69 of 2069/7/11 at 8:36amYou know you're an SF'er when ...
you can spot a real Anderson & Sheppard coat at ten paces distance.post #70 of 2069/7/11 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Melanzana
It seems that way and in fact many are dressing like my 100 yo grandfather Oh well, I guess that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Most of those 50+ guys are getting all of the hot college girls and I guess they think they can get one too if they dress like them. Never happened. Takes a lot more than that kids.
7 figure income?post #71 of 2069/7/11 at 2:27pmpost #72 of 2069/7/11 at 3:36pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Melanzana
All normal people find them disgusting too. I have quite a few shoes (AE,CJ. Peal etc) which are all in ex cond. that I really no longer use that I'll just throw away. I'd feel strange about selling used shoes and it feels a little creepy to me. Shoes are a very personal item. Even the homeless don't wear used shoes.Besides, shoes are a disposible item like underwaer and whether they last for 1 year or 10 years their ultimate end is in the garbage.
Sorry, this is opinion masquerading as fact. Having worked with homeless people, I can tell you for dead certain that your wrong about that, and as for me, I have several pairs of used shoes and they are all among my favourites. And it is just silly, not to say unethical, to throw away shoes that you don't want that are in top condition. Good shoes are crafted items, with a lot of embodied energy and effort in them. They aren't remotely like underwear or 'disposable'. We aren't talking trainers here.post #73 of 2069/7/11 at 5:00pmpost #74 of 2069/7/11 at 5:12pmpost #75 of 2069/7/11 at 5:16pm
- you know when you're an SF'er when
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › UFOs: Unidentified Fashion Objects - The Fake, Phoney and Just... 52 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 2 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 8 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...