Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new navy blazer from WW Chan Last post on 9/22/11 at 6:23pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new custom jacket Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
you know when you're an SF'er when - Page 5post #61 of 2069/6/11 at 9:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62 of 2069/7/11 at 4:17ampost #63 of 2069/7/11 at 4:37ampost #64 of 2069/7/11 at 5:28ampost #65 of 2069/7/11 at 5:39amQuote:
It is the total opposite buddy. Young guys in this forum think that dressing like a 50 year old is cool.post #66 of 2069/7/11 at 6:51ampost #67 of 2069/7/11 at 7:25am
this is so funny. A buddy of mine was talking about what makes him happy......"T&A man.....T&A!" my first reply was " I like their shit but im realy getting into neopolitan makers now"
I got a really strange look.post #68 of 2069/7/11 at 8:30amQuote:
i bet he thought neopolitan was a strippers namepost #69 of 2069/7/11 at 8:36amYou know you're an SF'er when ...
you can spot a real Anderson & Sheppard coat at ten paces distance.post #70 of 2069/7/11 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Melanzana
It seems that way and in fact many are dressing like my 100 yo grandfather Oh well, I guess that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Most of those 50+ guys are getting all of the hot college girls and I guess they think they can get one too if they dress like them. Never happened. Takes a lot more than that kids.
7 figure income?post #71 of 2069/7/11 at 2:27pmpost #72 of 2069/7/11 at 3:36pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Melanzana
All normal people find them disgusting too. I have quite a few shoes (AE,CJ. Peal etc) which are all in ex cond. that I really no longer use that I'll just throw away. I'd feel strange about selling used shoes and it feels a little creepy to me. Shoes are a very personal item. Even the homeless don't wear used shoes.Besides, shoes are a disposible item like underwaer and whether they last for 1 year or 10 years their ultimate end is in the garbage.
Sorry, this is opinion masquerading as fact. Having worked with homeless people, I can tell you for dead certain that your wrong about that, and as for me, I have several pairs of used shoes and they are all among my favourites. And it is just silly, not to say unethical, to throw away shoes that you don't want that are in top condition. Good shoes are crafted items, with a lot of embodied energy and effort in them. They aren't remotely like underwear or 'disposable'. We aren't talking trainers here.post #73 of 2069/7/11 at 5:00pmpost #74 of 2069/7/11 at 5:12pmpost #75 of 2069/7/11 at 5:16pm
- you know when you're an SF'er when
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 23 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous denim 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 5 minutes ago
- › Saville row winter coat 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › You Won't Believe The One Trick This Man Used to Get a ToJ 10 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 11 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...