or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › you know when you're an SF'er when
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

you know when you're an SF'er when - Page 11

post #151 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post


Funny as right-wing people can't stand being seen as one..

It is like the "I'm not racist but" moment...

Right wingers tend to be driven by more individualistic stimuli than liberals...

They can mask it under the Self-reliance less taxes less governments mantra as long as they want but they tend to be less social orientated than so called Liberals...

Nothing wrong with that but it is a fact...

Most people do not like to be viewed in a pejorative term especially when the linked depiction is not an accurate description of their views. When these statements are made, it is generally evident the author does not care about accurate representation of those who do not share their views. Caricatures describing others' intentions in this manner is generally considered intolerant and shows distaste for others.
post #152 of 206
Fiscal conservative, social moderate.
post #153 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanzana View Post





I actually said lower class area but you apparently read low class. I've noticed that this seems to hit a sensitve spot with you 'tweens and twenty somethings. Why is that? If something doesn't apply to you then why even make some silly childish comment? You don't like the very accurate term ,lower class? OK then I'll use poor or the underclass. Better? And btw, I'd be ashamed to give some homeless person my used shoes and would prefer to buy him a new pair. It appears that it is YOU  who have the real disrespect for the poor and homeless.  How would you feel if you were poor (you're probably close to it) and someone gave ypou their old used stinky shoes? Would you feel good about that? I also get the impression that you attended some grammar school and HS recently because it's apparent that your instructors were mostly female and that you were taught all of the PC bullshit to protect your weetle feelwings. In your infantile brainwashed mind you equate my using the accurate term lower class with some crime lol You probably think it's "hate speech"lol8%5B1%5D.gif Wake up kid because if you can't take some innocuous term that I used I don't see a bright future for you in the real world.

 


Can you do me a favor and please drink some bleach?
post #154 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellgy View Post


Most people do not like to be viewed in a pejorative term especially when the linked depiction is not an accurate description of their views. When these statements are made, it is generally evident the author does not care about accurate representation of those who do not share their views. Caricatures describing others' intentions in this manner is generally considered intolerant and shows distaste for others.

If you really believe in so called right-wing policies , why do you feel insulted by being called one?

Be honest , the rhetorics used by Republicans is on the line of smaller taxes, small government. a strong nationalistic/anti-immigrants/ethnic minorities and militaristic penchant with a good dose of God thrown in the mix..

If it's a caricature , it is good a good one..



I'm a social-Christian democrat and I'm proud of it..

Being called Liberal is a badge of honour not an insult.
post #155 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Churchill 
Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.
post #156 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanzana View Post





 





You sound like a typical prole to me. In real life you're about as significant as a gnat on an elephant's arse.lol8%5B1%5D.gif

 


My grandad's a marquess, and half of my clothes and shoes are from ebay and oxfam. That's because I'm a student without any money, to be fair. Said grandad, though, about whose money weird internet conspiracy pages have literally been written (you've probably the kind of person who writes on them, actually), buys EVERYTHING at a couple of charity shops that are local to him. His "attire" (that's what you call clothes, isn't it?) doesn't even consist of beaten-to-hell bespoke - which is what SF thinks upper-class English people wear, I think - but actual tat. Unfortunately for a small-time snob like yourself, social status doesn't emanate from shiny white carpets and cashmere, nor from an averson to "low class" areas. If you think it does, then that's only because you're so far from having it; which is funny, if you think about it. biggrin.gif
post #157 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny58 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Churchill 
Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.

Suits him well ...

He also said he would prefer being American than British during a US tour...

A lot of things have been wrongly attributed to him...

He was a political animal , opportunistic and sometimes ready to change his mind and party.
post #158 of 206
You know you are ment for SF's CE forum when your conversation distills itself to politics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

Right wingers tend to be driven by more individualistic stimuli than liberals. They can mask it under the self-reliance less taxes less governments mantra as long as they want but they tend to be less social orientated than so called Liberals. Nothing wrong with that but it is a fact.
I like the way you put that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny58 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Churchill 
Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.

Regarding conservative and liberal ... the terms are not static. For example, Barry Goldwater, the 1964 Republican candidate for president, represented the more conservative side of his party. Well, he was the more conservative Republican candidate by that party's 1964 standards. But by today's Republican standards, he's often viewed as having been unacceptably liberal. A successful Republican who believes in a woman's right to choose and has no issue with gays serving in the military is ... well ... unthinkable today.

To bad that Churchill isn't still around so that he might have the opportunity to rephrase his comment in light of today's idea of 'conservatism.'
Edited by RSS - 9/11/11 at 3:49pm
post #159 of 206
You find yourself watching a movie and you say "Wtf is he thanking wearing that tie with that shirt and his shoes are not even working with that."
post #160 of 206
How is Melanzana not banned? confused.gif
Edited by Achilles_ - 9/10/11 at 7:20pm
post #161 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

...DONT REPOND.
Think of the fishes, man. WHAT ABOUT THE FISHES?

700
post #162 of 206
Do it. Guy's been nothing but a troll.

700
post #163 of 206
^ Let's hope so. A lot of muck was stirred up and it was not pretty.

Well, you know you're an SF'er when your shopping with your wife, you critique her shoe selection, and show concern about how difficult that particular pair would be to coordinate with her wardrobe.
post #164 of 206
When you have an accident (like falling in a river while drunk) and realise that the mobile phone you just lost was the cheapest thing upon your person.

Also your car is unsured for less than your wardrobe.
post #165 of 206
Im not complaining, but its a little bit like 1984. There is no evidence that a poster named "Melanzana" ever existed. This does scare me about the internet. History can be changed. This is unimportant in this case, but if its happening here, its happening everywhere. We have an example where something historical has been excised our of existance.

. In 1984, they had to physically cut all the inconvenient historical references ever written out of the books, papers, etc. Now its just a line of code. This is different from moving to the dumb thread section, where it continues to exist. "Melanzana" comments just never happened.
Edited by PTWilliams - 9/11/11 at 8:59am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › you know when you're an SF'er when