or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ralph Lauren Black Label Suit - Pricing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ralph Lauren Black Label Suit - Pricing? - Page 2

post #16 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Don't get me started... very disappointing situation with this suit. But to answer your question on sales, RLBL does go on sale at least once a year. I was in the NYC store (I think Sacks? the one with the really nice 3rd level that is an oval and you walk around with all the high end stuff, Isaia, Brioni, etc.) and the RLBL was on sale, but still cost an arm and a leg and wasnt worth it imo.



i guess there was a reason why it was only $450
please start and tell us what happened
post #17 of 51

Sorry to hear about your situation. I guess I'll keep an eye out for a sale when I visit Saks, and maybe also check out a Saks Off Fifth to see if they have anything.

 

Anyone know when the Ralph Lauren boutiques usually have their sales?

post #18 of 51
I purchased a new RLBL suit from the RL store in downtown Philadelphia (not an outlet) for 400 bucks. This was in 09 I think. Perfect condition and in my size. It's possible, but very rare.
post #19 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicguy View Post

I purchased a new RLBL suit from the RL store in downtown Philadelphia (not an outlet) for 400 bucks. This was in 09 I think. Perfect condition and in my size. It's possible, but very rare.

are you a real odd size? was it some funky pattern/color? how did you manage this?
post #20 of 51
Thread Starter 

Long story short, it got damaged in the hurricane we had a few weeks ago (New York) before it got shipped to me, but I got a full refund (nice easygoing guy), but was just really looking forward to getting the suit.

post #21 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post


are you a real odd size? was it some funky pattern/color? how did you manage this?

40L. It's a dark brown with a slight chalkstripe. Almost identical to the picture on the first page. I was lucky. It was during a sale and had an additional 40% off of the already marked down price. I saw it and bought it on the spot. Back then, it was a big purchase as I wasn't really looking for a new suit. I've grown to like it a lot.
post #22 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicguy View Post



40L. It's a dark brown with a slight chalkstripe. Almost identical to the picture on the first page. I was lucky. It was during a sale and had an additional 40% off of the already marked down price. I saw it and bought it on the spot. Back then, it was a big purchase as I wasn't really looking for a new suit. I've grown to like it a lot.



What time during the year was this? Like what month? Was it an end of season sale? Thanks.

post #23 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicguy View Post


40L. It's a dark brown with a slight chalkstripe. Almost identical to the picture on the first page. I was lucky. It was during a sale and had an additional 40% off of the already marked down price. I saw it and bought it on the spot. Back then, it was a big purchase as I wasn't really looking for a new suit. I've grown to like it a lot.

of course a dark brown with chalk stripe isn't for everyone
but regardless, it is a great deal for just $400
please post pics of it
post #24 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Long story short, it got damaged in the hurricane we had a few weeks ago (New York) before it got shipped to me, but I got a full refund (nice easygoing guy), but was just really looking forward to getting the suit.


I'm sorry to hear this. Why didn't you ask them to exchange you for another suits? That way, the company would still keep your money and you can have the suits which you love!
post #25 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post


of course a dark brown with chalk stripe isn't for everyone
but regardless, it is a great deal for just $400
please post pics of it

I've posted pics before in WAYWRN. Kinda too lazy to take another photo or scrounge up the old ones. Sufficed to say, it's nice.
post #26 of 51
I'm willing to pay $800 for a NWT RLBL solid charcoal suit in 38s. Buyer can keep the difference.

Also looking for an RLBL tux in 38s.
post #27 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraiche View Post

I'm willing to pay $800 for a NWT RLBL solid charcoal suit in 38s. Buyer can keep the difference.

Also looking for an RLBL tux in 38s.

How is someone supposed to get a NWT RLBL solid charcoal suit in any size for under $1k, let alone in 38s for less than $800?
post #28 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Romo View Post


How is someone supposed to get a NWT RLBL solid charcoal suit in any size for under $1k, let alone in 38s for less than $800?

what do you think is a great price for a brand new RLBL anthony solid charcoal or navy suit on sale?
they don't dip below $1000 for the normal sizes?
post #29 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post


what do you think is a great price for a brand new RLBL anthony solid charcoal or navy suit on sale?
they don't dip below $1000 for the normal sizes?

About 3 months ago, Mr. Porter has a 50% off sale for its "Founding Members" in many brands, including RLBL. There was some small sizes in RLBL (38S actually, my size) for a little over $900, I saw a staple grey suit, but did not grab it.

So what I mean to say is to just wait a while for good deals, it will come (including the RL annual sale or B&S forum). If you cant wait, then go buy it full price.
post #30 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChance View Post


So what I mean to say is to just wait a while for good deals, it will come (including the RL annual sale or B&S forum). If you cant wait, then go buy it full price.

Solid (navy, charcoal, black) suits by RLBL do not go for sale, at least not in official stores. Been there, tried that, ultimately bought at full price...

... and I do not regret a single penny paid! Probably the nicest OTR suit so far (well, after a fair amount of adjustments). Their charcoal fabric is sweet.

Best,
Theriel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ralph Lauren Black Label Suit - Pricing?