or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tom Ford
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tom Ford - Page 4

post #46 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Here are the measurements from a 38R Base B that pocketcircle had for sale a while ago.
The chest measures closer to a 36R, and the leg opening is pretty narrow.
Jacket
Chest: 19 inches
Shoulder: 17.5 inches
Waist: 17.5 inches
Sleeve length: 25 inches
Jacket length: 30.5 inches
Trousers (unhmmed)
Waist: 16 inches
Front rise: 10 iinches
Inseam: 37.5 inches
Leg opening: 7.8 inches

i see. You are probably correct, as i normally wear 38r (48EU) in other brands with alterations done on the jacket waist brioni/kiton/attolini but for TF's base A stuff i can fit into a 46r without alterations but i decided to go one size up for my next suit because i put on a bit of weight. I cant really comment on the pants as the only suits i have are the base C and the base A, and the C i picked up at their sample sale 2 years ago for like 160 bucks i was only really interested in the jacket to wear as a blazer so i havent tried on the pants, but the base B ones are a bit straight cut but take note im normally a 38r and the tom ford suit i have is a base B 36(46)R. Although when i was ordering another suit last wednesday they said if i wanted slimmer pants i could get them from another model probably base B. If you would like next time i go in i can ask them for a breakdown of the different styles and PM you them.
post #47 of 109
Found Jeffrey's old blog post cutting open a TF suit, showing thin padding:

http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/2010/10/tom-ford.html





*jeffrey, let me know if it's not ok to post this
post #48 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianGP View Post

Found Jeffrey's old blog post cutting open a TF suit, showing thin padding:
http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/2010/10/tom-ford.html
*jeffrey, let me know if it's not ok to post this

wow
great write up, jeffreyd
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
i wonder how much that TF suit cost from century 21
post #49 of 109
In UK, they starting up at £3000

In HK, they start at $35000

It is quiet a lot of money I would think
post #50 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

wow
great write up, jeffreyd
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
i wonder how much that TF suit cost from century 21

When they used to sell them they were around 5-6 hundred, but i think tom ford got mad and had them take everything but the ties down. The starting price at the store is about 3700 usd with a 3 piece charcoal (batwing style) going for about 4200
post #51 of 109
It was quite a bit more than that frown.gif
post #52 of 109
Interesting thing is that although TF is expensive, it is about the same price as Kiton or Brioni. Tailoring wise, it is the same level as those two. In context, price is about right although I think anything over $2K is a lot for a suit, particularly if you are not pulling in a 6 figure salary or have too many commitments.

I would like to see TF come up with a middle man suit, i.e. something in the quality range of Ralph Lauren Black Label but with TF's aggressive styling. I could see many people jumping on that bandwagon if a slightly lesser quality suit (but still very good) was sold in the competive price range of $1.5K - $2K. Comon TF, you know you will make a killing if you do this!
post #53 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

Interesting thing is that although TF is expensive, it is about the same price as Kiton or Brioni. Tailoring wise, it is the same level as those two. In context, price is about right although I think anything over $2K is a lot for a suit, particularly if you are not pulling in a 6 figure salary or have too many commitments.
I would like to see TF come up with a middle man suit, i.e. something in the quality range of Ralph Lauren Black Label but with TF's aggressive styling. I could see many people jumping on that bandwagon if a slightly lesser quality suit (but still very good) was sold in the competive price range of $1.5K - $2K. Comon TF, you know you will make a killing if you do this!

But it would destroy the super expensive sassy essence of the brand.
post #54 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

Interesting thing is that although TF is expensive, it is about the same price as Kiton or Brioni. Tailoring wise, it is the same level as those two. In context, price is about right although I think anything over $2K is a lot for a suit, particularly if you are not pulling in a 6 figure salary or have too many commitments.
I would like to see TF come up with a middle man suit, i.e. something in the quality range of Ralph Lauren Black Label but with TF's aggressive styling. I could see many people jumping on that bandwagon if a slightly lesser quality suit (but still very good) was sold in the competive price range of $1.5K - $2K. Comon TF, you know you will make a killing if you do this!

like tony romo said...
it would dilute the brand image
part of the tom ford appeal is the exclusivity
post #55 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyd View Post

It was quite a bit more than that frown.gif

question for you... did you put the suit back together? is that even remotely possible?
or was the suit autopsy not reversible?
post #56 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

question for you... did you put the suit back together? is that even remotely possible?
or was the suit autopsy not reversible?

Usually when I get done with these things, it's not impossible but not worth the effort to put them back together. In this case, I did put it back together again.
post #57 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyd View Post

Usually when I get done with these things, it's not impossible but not worth the effort to put them back together. In this case, I did put it back together again.

What size is it? If a 52R, you wanna sell it?
post #58 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyd View Post

Usually when I get done with these things, it's not impossible but not worth the effort to put them back together. In this case, I did put it back together again.

does it look and fit the same?
post #59 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post

What size is it? If a 52R, you wanna sell it?

48R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Romo View Post

does it look and fit the same?

Yup
post #60 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyd View Post

48R
Yup

Italiano sizing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tom Ford