or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Has Caruso stopped making suits for RLBL?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Has Caruso stopped making suits for RLBL? - Page 2

post #16 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

That would explain why I keep seeing RLBL at Costco. satisfied.gif

Are you serious?

post #17 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercitynyc View Post

Are you serious?

nod[1].gif
post #18 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercitynyc View Post

Are you serious?

Yes, but like everything Costco, you have to buy two at a time, and the suits have the Kirkland label instead of the RL tag. Hurry, not much left in normal sizes.
post #19 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post


Yes, but like everything Costco, you have to buy two at a time, and the suits have the Kirkland label instead of the RL tag. Hurry, not much left in normal sizes.

haha - right after I asked the question I immediately googled that maker, and saw that suits are like $70.....question answered. I LOVE KIRKLAND suits (and water!)

post #20 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercitynyc View Post

Are you serious?

Yes! 3k RLBL suits at Costco!!!!! fing02[1].gif

 

Caruso is still making black label suits...

post #21 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercitynyc View Post

haha - right after I asked the question I immediately googled that maker, and saw that suits are like $70.....question answered. I LOVE KIRKLAND suits (and water!)

Those aren't the same suits. New Shoes is referring to the Kirkland Sartoriale line. Full canvas, unbadged RLBL
post #22 of 62

Wow - you're actually serious. How much do they cost?

post #23 of 62

facepalm.gif

post #24 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

facepalm.gif

You guys got me again!!

post #25 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercitynyc View Post

Wow - you're actually serious. How much do they cost?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #26 of 62

Confirmed that Cornelliani makes RLBL now (no longer Caruso).

 

Thoughts?

post #27 of 62

I was neutral to Caruso to begin with, I feel their work on the Black Line was okay, but not superb. Personally, I love the quality of Corneliani, I have 3 blue label suits ''Made in Italy'' by Corneliani and I ADORE them, the fit, the look, everything. Incredible value for money. That being said, Corneliani seems to have a style of wider lapel, less shoulder, slightly nipped waist and fuller trousers but not too much that fits perfectly with the Blue Label, but not so sure how it goes/will go with the Black Label.

post #28 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercitynyc View Post

Confirmed that Cornelliani makes RLBL now (no longer Caruso).

Thoughts?

Where did you confirm this?
post #29 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianS1 View Post

I was neutral to Caruso to begin with, I feel their work on the Black Line was okay, but not superb. Personally, I love the quality of Corneliani, I have 3 blue label suits ''Made in Italy'' by Corneliani and I ADORE them, the fit, the look, everything. Incredible value for money. That being said, Corneliani seems to have a style of wider lapel, less shoulder, slightly nipped waist and fuller trousers but not too much that fits perfectly with the Blue Label, but not so sure how it goes/will go with the Black Label.

Ditto - but my tailor says Corneliani are taking short cuts not previously used. He likes Caruso but reckons Pal Zileri is the one to go for. Remember he spends his life looking inside these suits.
post #30 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post


Ditto - but my tailor says Corneliani are taking short cuts not previously used. He likes Caruso but reckons Pal Zileri is the one to go for. Remember he spends his life looking inside these suits.

 

That's quite concerning. Did he mention the specific "short cuts"? For what it's worth, I just picked up a Glenn Plaid RLBL for $1,199 (on-sale online), and it is absolutely gorgeous in its draping / lapel roll / fabric quality. Fits like a glove.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Has Caruso stopped making suits for RLBL?