or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Can you all rate these dress shirt brands?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can you all rate these dress shirt brands? - Page 2

post #16 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris "Italia"
Charvet, Borrelli, Kiton, Finamore, Barba, Stefano Ricci; all make better shirts than Brioni.

There are many, many shirts better than Brioni.

Does the same go for suits as well Chris? People seem to laud Brioni as the best suits around....
post #17 of 26
Finamore and Barba do not make suits.

Brioni is better than Borrelli. Just slighty below Kiton. On par with Stefano Ricci (St. Andrews).
post #18 of 26
Harry & Sons - OK, wouldn't pay more than $25 for one I like

Ike Behar - blah... forget 'em

Dolce & Gabanna Couture - overpriced crap

Poggianti - $25 max with a nice spread collar if the colors aren't too loud

Robert Talbott - OK i guess but the one's I've tried on fit like tents

Joseph Abhoud - blah, no good

Michael Kors - more blah

Ben Sherman - if you like the hipster mod look and some polyester in the mix

Stacy Adams - crap
post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
Harry & Sons - OK, wouldn't pay more than $25 for one I like

Ike Behar - blah... forget 'em

Dolce & Gabanna Couture - overpriced crap

Poggianti - $25 max with a nice spread collar if the colors aren't too loud

Robert Talbott - OK i guess but the one's I've tried on fit like tents

Joseph Abhoud - blah, no good

Michael Kors - more blah

Ben Sherman - if you like the hipster mod look and some polyester in the mix

Stacy Adams - crap


Thanks..that's an awesome response!
post #20 of 26
I honestly don't think you're really going to want any of the ones you listed there. I've seen or owned all of them but Poggianti, of which I've never heard. (also, keep in mind that there is a big difference between Michael Kors and MICHAEL Michael Kors. Same with D&G and Dolce & Gabbana. But, again, none of them are really worth losing sleep over).

But, as others have mentioned, it is hard to tell exactly what might be best for you without knowing what kind of fit you'd like or how your body type is.

For example, if you like a slimmer fit shirt, then some brands that have very nice quality probably won't fit you well, so all of those nice buttons and beautiful fabrics won't matter much. I'm skinny and like slim shirts, but bought a Lorenzini based on recommendation and it draped me like a tent.

Nevertheless, all around I'd say my favorite dress shirts are Zegna. In terms of fit and fashion, I like Jil Sander, but I couldn't wear these everyday nor could I wear them much under a jacket. But, Zegna is all around a good one for work or play and I don't find the prices to be egregious.
post #21 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I honestly don't think you're really going to want any of the ones you listed there. I've seen or owned all of them but Poggianti, of which I've never heard. (also, keep in mind that there is a big difference between Michael Kors and MICHAEL Michael Kors. Same with D&G and Dolce & Gabbana. But, again, none of them are really worth losing sleep over).

But, as others have mentioned, it is hard to tell exactly what might be best for you without knowing what kind of fit you'd like or how your body type is.

For example, if you like a slimmer fit shirt, then some brands that have very nice quality probably won't fit you well, so all of those nice buttons and beautiful fabrics won't matter much. I'm skinny and like slim shirts, but bought a Lorenzini based on recommendation and it draped me like a tent.

Nevertheless, all around I'd say my favorite dress shirts are Zegna. In terms of fit and fashion, I like Jil Sander, but I couldn't wear these everyday nor could I wear them much under a jacket. But, Zegna is all around a good one for work or play and I don't find the prices to be egregious.

I'm 6ft tall..200lbs...broad shouldered(ex football player) and wear a 17-17.5 with 34/35.

The Ben Sherman shirt seems to form fit very well and is quite slimming, but it's not the best material admittingly.

The Ike Behar "slim" model fits perfectly. I have tried Hugo Boss shirts but they also aren't all that great.

Zegna cuts are excellent. Jhane Bharnes perfect.

Yes, I have the MICHAEL MichaeL Kors and the actual Dolce & Gabanna..not the D & G.

I guess for a broad shouldered stockier frame like mine Matuozo may not be a good fit for me.
post #22 of 26
1) in english, the plural form of "you", is still "you", not "you all." 2) if you are going to spend any more than say, $80 on a shirt, go with made-to-measure. as someone else mentioned, shirts are all about fit. even if you are lucky enough to find a shirt that fits perfectly on your shoulders and around your waist, the cuffs will not be the precise size for your wrists and the sleeves will not be ideal. remember that everyone has one arm longer than the other.
post #23 of 26
id give all those shirts a miss maybe...talbott is probably the best


Poggianti, & Harry & sons have potential.

Id rather you investigate other options listed by the other forum members

ney
post #24 of 26
You should definitely know how you want your shirts to fit first if you consider doing one of the low priced overseas online shirtmakers mentioned here in the forum. (Jantzen Tailor, etc.) If there's anywhere near you who does good MTM/bespoke shirts at a price you can afford, I'd go for that first. You'll have a fitting and they'll improve on anything that isn't right. If it still isn't right afterwards, they should further correct it.
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain7404

Yes, I have the MICHAEL MichaeL Kors and the actual Dolce & Gabanna..not the D & G.
.

MICHAEL Michael Kors is the one that you probably want to avoid. The regular Michael Kors mainline isn't wonderful either, but it is the mainline (as Dolce&Gabbana is the mainline, D&G is the diffusion line). As such, the MICHAEL shirts are about $70 retail, while the regular line ones are probably $270. Again, I wouldn't say you should run out and buy either one, but they are like apples and oranges.
post #26 of 26

any brand any color with packing logo tag price 8$ 100% cotton

 

Regards 

 Nauman 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Can you all rate these dress shirt brands?