All W+H pants are vanity sized, either +1 or +2 inch on the waist. For the jeans, there is even higher variance.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 2/9/15 at 2:11am in Classic Menswear
- Andrea Pompilio Mens Lemon Yellow Cotton Blend Blazer Size EU 46 (BRAND NEW WITH TAGS!!!!!) Last post on 4/10/13 at 7:55am in Marketplace
- Andrea Pompilio Mens Lemon Yellow Cotton Blend Blazer Size EU 46 (BRAND NEW WITH TAGS!!!!!) Last post on 4/10/13 at 7:52am in Marketplace
- Andrea Pompilio Mens Lemon Yellow Cotton Blend Blazer Size EU 46 (BRAND NEW WITH TAGS!!!!!) Last post on 2/7/13 at 1:49pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 - Page 32post #466 of 7056/23/12 at 3:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #467 of 7056/23/12 at 4:26pmpost #468 of 7056/23/12 at 4:29pmpost #469 of 7056/23/12 at 4:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by VLSI
Just got in my order from Roden Gray (fast shipping by the way). The raw straight jeans are great, if I wasn't already a few months into breaking in my APCs these would be getting my full time attention. I sized down 1 from my normal size. They were a little tight at first in the waist, but I have no doubt they will stretch enough to be comfortable. You may be able to get away with sizing down 2, I haven't had these long enough to comment on them once fully stretched. The navajo print shorts run big in the waist for sure, size down (wish I did ). Fabric is a little whack, but it's really lightweight and soft which will be nice for these 100+ days. Box fresh size 32 measures 17.5" aligned waist Maybe I can shrink them a little.
Please do not listen to this guy. The W+H raws will barely stretch. Mine have 50+ wears and they fit almost the same as they did the day I bought them. Giving these the "APC treatment" (as in sizing down by 2 or 3) is a terrible idea.post #470 of 7056/23/12 at 4:38pmpost #471 of 7056/23/12 at 5:09pmpost #472 of 7056/23/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
+1, I made a big mistake in sizing down 2 like my APCs. They are so damn tight, gotta lose 5 pounds before I can even get into them again hahahapost #473 of 7056/23/12 at 9:09pmpost #474 of 7056/23/12 at 10:51pmQuote:
You have to size down at least one just to make up for the fact that all W+H pants fit large in the waist. I wasn't telling anybody they should size down 2, I said I don't know yet. Apparently not
Also, since you guys have had them much longer, how is the fading?
Edited by VLSI - 6/24/12 at 1:09ampost #475 of 7056/24/12 at 4:36ampost #476 of 7056/24/12 at 7:02amQuote:
going to second this. take -1 for straight-cut for a "slim" fit, TTS if you want to sag your jeans i guess
EDIT: forgot to mention, i'm not sure why people say these jeans don't stretch, mine have stretched to be comfy (but not enough to size down another one). for the record i've almost always had little-to-no luck stretching out the thigh and calf areas so yeah.
Edited by Blackmaged - 6/26/12 at 5:38ampost #477 of 7056/24/12 at 8:01ampost #478 of 7056/24/12 at 10:13ampost #479 of 7056/24/12 at 3:02pm
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1816 Active Users (392 Members and 1424 Guests)
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 27 seconds ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 32 seconds ago
- › The Grad Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Handmade Leather Artisan 6 minutes ago
- › Bill Cosby is funny again! 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...