All W+H pants are vanity sized, either +1 or +2 inch on the waist. For the jeans, there is even higher variance.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 2/9/15 at 2:11am in Classic Menswear
- Andrea Pompilio Mens Lemon Yellow Cotton Blend Blazer Size EU 46 (BRAND NEW WITH TAGS!!!!!) Last post on 4/10/13 at 7:55am in Marketplace
- Andrea Pompilio Mens Lemon Yellow Cotton Blend Blazer Size EU 46 (BRAND NEW WITH TAGS!!!!!) Last post on 4/10/13 at 7:52am in Marketplace
- Andrea Pompilio Mens Lemon Yellow Cotton Blend Blazer Size EU 46 (BRAND NEW WITH TAGS!!!!!) Last post on 2/7/13 at 1:49pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 - Page 32post #466 of 7056/23/12 at 3:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #467 of 7056/23/12 at 4:26pmpost #468 of 7056/23/12 at 4:29pmpost #469 of 7056/23/12 at 4:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by VLSI
Just got in my order from Roden Gray (fast shipping by the way). The raw straight jeans are great, if I wasn't already a few months into breaking in my APCs these would be getting my full time attention. I sized down 1 from my normal size. They were a little tight at first in the waist, but I have no doubt they will stretch enough to be comfortable. You may be able to get away with sizing down 2, I haven't had these long enough to comment on them once fully stretched. The navajo print shorts run big in the waist for sure, size down (wish I did ). Fabric is a little whack, but it's really lightweight and soft which will be nice for these 100+ days. Box fresh size 32 measures 17.5" aligned waist Maybe I can shrink them a little.
Please do not listen to this guy. The W+H raws will barely stretch. Mine have 50+ wears and they fit almost the same as they did the day I bought them. Giving these the "APC treatment" (as in sizing down by 2 or 3) is a terrible idea.post #470 of 7056/23/12 at 4:38pmpost #471 of 7056/23/12 at 5:09pmpost #472 of 7056/23/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
+1, I made a big mistake in sizing down 2 like my APCs. They are so damn tight, gotta lose 5 pounds before I can even get into them again hahahapost #473 of 7056/23/12 at 9:09pmpost #474 of 7056/23/12 at 10:51pmQuote:
You have to size down at least one just to make up for the fact that all W+H pants fit large in the waist. I wasn't telling anybody they should size down 2, I said I don't know yet. Apparently not
Also, since you guys have had them much longer, how is the fading?
Edited by VLSI - 6/24/12 at 1:09ampost #475 of 7056/24/12 at 4:36ampost #476 of 7056/24/12 at 7:02amQuote:
going to second this. take -1 for straight-cut for a "slim" fit, TTS if you want to sag your jeans i guess
EDIT: forgot to mention, i'm not sure why people say these jeans don't stretch, mine have stretched to be comfy (but not enough to size down another one). for the record i've almost always had little-to-no luck stretching out the thigh and calf areas so yeah.
Edited by Blackmaged - 6/26/12 at 5:38ampost #477 of 7056/24/12 at 8:01ampost #478 of 7056/24/12 at 10:13ampost #479 of 7056/24/12 at 3:02pm
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1489 Active Users (349 Members and 1140 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 52 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Shoe Sizing: First Time Buying Common Projects and I'm Having... 9 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 11 minutes ago
- › The Unbranded Brand Jeans 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...