or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › School lunches
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

School lunches - Page 6

post #76 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Do jails in other countries even grant a last meal? Isn't that some sort of white biblical thing? I'll suppose this is an American last meal, and the choices are out of the yellow pages in a rural area;

^ I think it's mainly done out of respect or something. Typically the authorities try to accommodate every prisoner's last meal but sometimes they end up feeding them what's in the freezer at their location. Dude
Quote:
If it were like, some federal facility in Illinois, I'd go with the local fare there, and get them to go to a local diner and bring me a ham steak breakfast; two eggs sunny side up, hashbrowns, hams teak, a half gallon of freshly squeezed orange juice, a small bottle of tobasco, plus a single cheeseburger meal with fries, a side salad, a small crock of chili, a liter of Coke, lemon sorbet, and some gummi bears.

You're missing a few things; for example, bacon, pancakes, maple syrup, and coffee (with creamer and splenda of course).
post #77 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

If it were like, some federal facility in Illinois, I'd go with the local fare there, and get them to go to a local diner and bring me a ham steak breakfast; two eggs sunny side up, hashbrowns, hams teak, a half gallon of freshly squeezed orange juice, a small bottle of tobasco, plus a single cheeseburger meal with fries, a side salad, a small crock of chili, a liter of Coke, lemon sorbet, and some gummi bears.

Isn't this what Rambo eats on Wednesdays?
post #78 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.orange View Post

You're missing a few things; for example, bacon, pancakes, maple syrup, and coffee (with creamer and splenda of course).

LOL @ Splenda with bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and pancakes.
post #79 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

If I were encarcerated in the SW/Texas, I'd request some sort of Mexican food, and really gorge in order to make a mess once they do the deed.

Although it differs from state to state in many places the "last meal" isn't actually the last meal a prisoner eats before execution for exactly this reason. Often the soon-to-depart is given a date a day or two prior to execution when they can have a meal prepared as they like. This then gives the digestive system time to process everything through and ensure there is no mess at the time of execution. Also, at least with lethal injection, the soon to be departed will sometimes wear a diaper.
post #80 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post


LOL @ Splenda with bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and pancakes.

oh yeah...it's the last meal. shog[1].gif
post #81 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


Although it differs from state to state in many places the "last meal" isn't actually the last meal a prisoner eats before execution for exactly this reason. Often the soon-to-depart is given a date a day or two prior to execution when they can have a meal prepared as they like. This then gives the digestive system time to process everything through and ensure there is no mess at the time of execution. Also, at least with lethal injection, the soon to be departed will sometimes wear a diaper.

So if things don't go as planned then...SPLAT! The prisoner explodes?
post #82 of 100
impolyt, what was the name of the documentary about the french school cafeterias?
post #83 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

haha lobster? looks more like cray fish. maybe me being from the east coast of canada I'm used to seeing 1.5-2 pound lobsters.

I think I packed a lunch most days which consisted of a sandwich, some gummie treats and a drink. I know at my elementary school, the lunches offered in the cafeteria were roughly $5.

Its lobster. Everyone thinks I am nuts for wanting to eat crayfish here. They see them as about the same thing as cockroaches or cicadas. The average elementary kid lunch (that isnt packed by mom) can be awesome to shit depending on the school. There was a big controversy a few years ago about serving whale meat which was going to spoil in storage since normal people didnt want to buy it.

I remember the square pizzas growing up in WA. My parents usually packed me a lunch in my TMNT, American Gladiators, or aladdin mini cooler, but I would always request to have school lunch on ravioli or mashed potatoes day. My mom would never serve those shitty Chef Boyardee ravioli at home and never served us meat ravioli in general, so this was my only way to savor the mushy, tin can goodness.
post #84 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboycom View Post

They see them as about the same thing as cockroaches

That's cause they are.
post #85 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post


That's cause they are.

Would you be first in line to eat a cockroach?
post #86 of 100
didn't check if this was posted yet, but yeah:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/what-school-lunches-look-like-in-20-countries-arou

/thread
post #87 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post



Although it differs from state to state in many places the "last meal" isn't actually the last meal a prisoner eats before execution for exactly this reason. Often the soon-to-depart is given a date a day or two prior to execution when they can have a meal prepared as they like. This then gives the digestive system time to process everything through and ensure there is no mess at the time of execution. Also, at least with lethal injection, the soon to be departed will sometimes wear a diaper.


Can this process be repeated numerous times if there are stays of execution?

 

post #88 of 100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFS View Post




Can this process be repeated numerous times if there are stays of execution?

 


914251be389f0a17257ebc496e5022907b0ade4.jpg
post #89 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

vRnNj.jpg

Couldn't stand when people didn't nuke theses and ate em cold. So gross.

Cracker stackers FTW
Edited by Big Pun - 9/3/11 at 4:18am
post #90 of 100
One thinks there might be potato on the menu tomorrow...
700
...two ladies hand peeling enough spuds to feed 3,500 hungry students.

No doubt in the UK or US there would be a machine doing this rather menial job. Here in China it's often much cheaper to employ full-time 'potato peelers' than it is to buy an expensive potato peeling machine.
Edited by MikeDT - 9/4/11 at 4:26am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › School lunches