or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Spanish Bespoke.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spanish Bespoke. - Page 3

post #31 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchi22
You must be an economist as well as a sartorial expert.

Official Eurostat data:

1. Deficit / GDP in France: 3.6% (non-compliance with Maastrict treaty).
2. Deficit / GDP in Spain: 0.1%

3. Government consolidated debt / GDP in France: 65.1%
4. Government consolidated debt / GDP in Spain: 46.9%
pinchi22, I'm not comparing penis size between france and spain. Get a grip. And since you were talking about luxury cars, I took the average rate of debt of spannish citizens compared to their income which has skyrocketed in the last few years, mainly because of the housing bubble. !luc
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
Naples hasn't been independant since 1860.

!luc

That's not really the point, is it?

You say Spain was practically third world from the early 20th century to about the 1980s, which would explain its lack of a well-dressed culture. But then so was Naples.

Spanish cities (e.g., Madrid) and Naples both had fairly large, wealthy populations that could support artisans, artists, etc. In fact, the fact that Naples was a planet in Spanish royal constellation is often used to explain Neopolitan bespoke traditions. So the fact that 80% of the population surrounding the cities were peasant farmers should not really explain why one has a hard time finding Spanish clothing traditions.
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
That's not really the point, is it?
It is. You are comparing a whole country with one city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
You say Spain was practically third world from the early 20th century to about the 1980s, which would explain its lack of a well-dressed culture. But then so was Naples.
No, I wrote 1960s, and Naples was part of Italy which has, especially in the north, developed big luxury conglomerates and textile industry throughout the second part of the 20th century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
Spanish cities (e.g., Madrid) and Naples both had fairly large, wealthy populations that could support artisans, artists, etc. In fact, the fact that Naples was a planet in Spanish royal constellation is often used to explain Neopolitan bespoke traditions.

We're talking about a bespoke tradition, and everyone here is referring to 15th century spain to explain it.
I can tell you that if John Lobb is opening a boutique in madrid, it's not because of spanish 14th to 17th century grandeur or supposed "bespoke" artisans or some other bullshit tradition. It's just because spanish banks have been pouring cheap loans and cheap money in the real estate business creating the biggest economic boom in spain of the last 400 years.

!luc
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
pinchi22, I'm not comparing penis size between france and spain. Get a grip. And since you were talking about luxury cars, I took the average rate of debt of spannish citizens compared to their income which has skyrocketed in the last few years, mainly because of the housing bubble.
You really think it is a bubble? I have been hoping that for the last couple of years, but prices just continue rising... I want to buy a new flat in Madrid, but I do not want to buy it just before the price curve starts to drop...
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
What I've thought impressive were that the Spanish men up until a time wore dramatic capes with their suits, at least during the colder months.

Full Canvas, I've always thought Spain a rather interesting culture. I also like how they have the most complex system of aristocratic names; it rivals the Teutonic system of academic titles.

From Reuters to the Scotsman to Style Forum . . .

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=1908472006

_____________________________________
post #36 of 37
I think Spaniards, both male and female, need to get over their fascination with the mullet before they build up their bespoke industry.
post #37 of 37
Sastrería Lopez Herbon & Camisería Burgos, 100 years of Bespoke comes to New York


We are two small but famous businesses in Madrid who have kept close to our fundamentals. All our clothing is handcrafted in Madrid and our methods have not changed in one hundred years. In true bespoke almost the entire suit is hand stitched. The tailor takes into account many features of the body, and can transmit to every part of the garment the proportions best suited to each of us. We are also able to advise you in choosing the buttons and the lining of the suit. We bring a time-honored history of customer service, advisement, measurement, cutting, sewing, review testing, and ironing set and costume. Our suits are sewn one by one and only for you.
More than any other American city, New Yorkers appreciate the quality and superior attention that is invested in handcrafted goods; be it clothing, books, even chocolate. In a city where it is often difficult, if not to say almost impossible, to find locally made products, it is remarkable that such a diverse clientele appreciate the essense of detail, the art of cutting, and the quality of the fabric that together make a beautiful suit. New Yorkers also relish the opportunity to wear something individual and exclusive.
It is true that English and Italian tailors and shirt makers are well-known in NYC. They arrived a long time ago and have an established market for their clothes, but it is also true that many storied names are losing their initial ‘essentia’ and no longer produce their clothes in their original atelier or in the original manner. We believe this explains our success upon our arrival to NYC. Our New York customers acknowledge us with great distinction. Where we may lack in marketing, and established history in this grand city, we more than make up for in experience and superior quality.

For more information please visit www.camiseriaburgos.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Spanish Bespoke.