or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good places to buy skinny ties in London, UK?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good places to buy skinny ties in London, UK?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I'm currently in London at the moment and I'm wondering if someone have any suggestions on any brands or know of a place that sells reasonably good quality skinny ties for under 100 GBP? I'm mainly aiming to get ties that are about 2.5" wide.

Thanks!
Edited by lsquare - 8/17/11 at 6:04pm
post #2 of 14
Its not London, but I just came across a very rare NWT Tom Ford skinny tie - about 2.25" wide in a solid gloss dark eggplant. If you might be interested, PM me.
post #3 of 14
Dior Homme probably has ties around that width (see the concessions in Harrods and Selfirdges). I do think Dior Homme is overpriced for what it is though.

Drakes also sell a number of 7cm ties (so just a touch wider than you are looking for), so it's probably worth having a browse around the Clifford Street store if you are happy to consider 7cm ties?

Hackett have slimmed their ties down recently so a lot of them are now around 7.5cm. Although I know this is a bit wider than you are looking for, it may be worth having a browse of the flagship store on Sloane Street - whilst the quality is not what it used to be, I think it's still reasonable if you can get them on sale (when they are normally around 35 or 40 GBP).

The high street chain stores (such as H&M and Zara) will definitely have ties in the width you are looking for although the quality will be lower (as will the price).

Hope that helps.

Dib
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dib View Post

Dior Homme probably has ties around that width (see the concessions in Harrods and Selfirdges). I do think Dior Homme is overpriced for what it is though.

Drakes also sell a number of 7cm ties (so just a touch wider than you are looking for), so it's probably worth having a browse around the Clifford Street store if you are happy to consider 7cm ties?

Hackett have slimmed their ties down recently so a lot of them are now around 7.5cm. Although I know this is a bit wider than you are looking for, it may be worth having a browse of the flagship store on Sloane Street - whilst the quality is not what it used to be, I think it's still reasonable if you can get them on sale (when they are normally around 35 or 40 GBP).

The high street chain stores (such as H&M and Zara) will definitely have ties in the width you are looking for although the quality will be lower (as will the price).

Hope that helps.

Dib

Where is the best place to buy Drakes or Hackett ties? How's the quality of the ties? I'm looking for something with a bit of quality in it and I'm aware that H&M have a lot of skinny ties.
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Which stores would carry the largest selection of Drakes and or Hackett slim ties in London?
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post

I'm currently in London at the moment and I'm wondering if someone have any suggestions on any brands or know of a place that sells reasonably good quality skinny ties for under 100 GBP? I'm mainly aiming to get ties that are about 2.5" wide.

Thanks!

Capitalism is fucking ridiculous sometimes.
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post

Which stores would carry the largest selection of Drakes and or Hackett slim ties in London?

Go to Emma Willis or the Drakes store itself.
post #8 of 14
Pekham Rye might also be worth looking into:

http://www.peckhamrye.com/

Their shop is full of skinny ties.
post #9 of 14
Liberty of London used to do a huge range of skinny ties.
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the suggestions guys!!! I have 1 week left in London and if you guys have more suggestions, then please don't hesitate and post them. I don't want to leave London with any regrets!
post #11 of 14
Nigel Hall maybe
post #12 of 14
Topman.
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysc View Post

Pekham Rye might also be worth looking into:

http://www.peckhamrye.com/

Their shop is full of skinny ties.

This. Still made in greater london by people who know ties. I think theyre 45 gbp each. they are just around the corner from liberty.
post #14 of 14
Did you try Drake's?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good places to buy skinny ties in London, UK?