or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many pull-ups/push-ups did you do today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many pull-ups/push-ups did you do today? - Page 3

post #31 of 46
Just try them? I don't find them that hard fwiw.
post #32 of 46
100 Pullups (50 pullups, 50 chinups) in 10x10 spread out over 2 hrs
post #33 of 46
I did a "homemade crossfit" type of workout yesterday:

5 sets of the following:
No rest between exercises
20 dips - bw + 25 lbs
20 leg raises
20 thrusters (squat followed by military press) - 40 lbs
10 pullups - bw + 25 lbs
30 sec rest
post #34 of 46
At the most I do about 3 sets of 30lb + bw chins.

Pull ups I don't do it often but I think I will start doing dumbell pull up crawls. Anybody do these? if so, what weight do you use?
post #35 of 46

5 sets of pullups 20,20,16,13,11

post #36 of 46
450 pushups in 45 minutes
post #37 of 46
Thread Starter 
Did around 100 fingertip pushups today.

Trying out various methods to increase grip strength.
post #38 of 46
Thread Starter 
45 Pull-ups and 100 Knuckle-ups (along with 120 bw squats) in 20 minutes today.
post #39 of 46
Proud to say I did over 1500 push ups today. 36 every 20 minutes I've been awake (evil russian is evily evil). I think I'll top 1600 before I go to bed.
No chin ups / pull ups frown.gif but the UPS guy is delivering my chin up bar tomorrow devil.gif
post #40 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJackson View Post

Proud to say I did over 1500 push ups today. 36 every 20 minutes I've been awake (evil russian is evily evil). I think I'll top 1600 before I go to bed.
No chin ups / pull ups frown.gif but the UPS guy is delivering my chin up bar tomorrow devil.gif

That Evil Russian program works! After 2 weeks you'll see good progress. I increased my pull up count by 30%
post #41 of 46
About the pull ups, have you been following a particular schedule different from the Evil Russian push ups? Or are you doing the same intensities & schedule with pull ups as you did with push ups?
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJackson View Post

About the pull ups, have you been following a particular schedule different from the Evil Russian push ups? Or are you doing the same intensities & schedule with pull ups as you did with push ups?

Same schedule, just a different number of reps since I can't do as many pullups as pushups. When the timer went off I would do pushups/pullups, then the next time around I would do wide pushups/chinups, alternating throughout the day.
Edited by willpower - 9/9/11 at 8:47am
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower View Post


Same schedule, just a different number of reps since I can't do as many pullups as pushups. When the timer went off I would do pushups/pullups, then the next time around I would do wide pushups/chinups, alternating throughout the day.

Haha push ups in the office I can get away with. Pull ups will take some balls. Ah well I bought the most travel friendly bar for pull ups I could find so setting up in the office break room doorway is imminent. Failure will either be in the hands of my own resolve or some obscure HR policy.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanathonHuff View Post

I don't seem to be adding muscle mass by doing pull-ups every other day. I think a large portion of the problem is I'm not actually straining my muscles that much. Should I do two days on-one day off to increase the incentive of my muscles to repair and enlarge?

Yeah, I would definitely change that up if you are trying to gain size. Doing sets of less than failure several times per day is a great way to increase performance ability, but its not geared towards mass.

If you want to gain mass, your best best is an 8-12 rep range and going to failure. Back is a large muscle group, so for that type of workout, if you are pushing yourself to the level you really need to be to cause serious uscle growth, you need more than one day's rest.

I do a full on BB bodypart split so I only hit back once per week, but I'd say MAYBE you could hit it hard twice per week at most. (depending on how you want to set up your split).
post #45 of 46
On another note, yeah, Pavel is a fucking beast.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many pull-ups/push-ups did you do today?