I'm a soon-to-be College graduate looking to buy my first real suit-or rather, the first suit since I lost 130 pounds over the last four years. I'm 6'4, 190 pounds, with an abnormally long neck, big head, and long legs. I'm interested in getting a double-breasted blazer or suit in navy, for the following reasons;
1) Tired of the 60s trend that has so profoundly influenced my generation
2) Want something that can project a certain amount of confidence
3) Love traditional English menswear, and DBs are certainly in that mode
4) I think I now have the frame-tall, thin-to effectively pull it off.
A few questions though;
1) DBs are "power-suits"-is it presumptuous for a recent college graduate to wear one to an interview?
2) I'm hoping this will make my head look proportional, but I suppose this depends on the individual blazer.
3) Where could I get a great one? I'm interested in J.Crew's offering, as I want something 4-4 with minimal aesthetic buttons and a trim cut, no pinstripe, but I'm afraid the lapels are a bit short for the style, and they only offer it at the online store. Where can I at least try one out? It would be hard for me to rationalize anything above 700.
Any links or suggestions welcomed.