Originally Posted by Master-Classter
just because a polo shirt has 2 buttons on it, doesn't make it a formal shirt in any way... it's a t-shirt with buttons. so wearing an undershirt, and then presumably not washing the polo, it's ignorant and IMHO a pretty low class / poorly educated sort of thing to do... you only really see this on high schoolers or clueless entry level workers (often ethnic
Man, even without the thinly veiled racism this post is a master class in being a stupid asshole.
It's "ignorant" and "low-class" to wear an undershirt with a polo? Get a grip.
Off the top of my head:
- it's a little chilly but I want my arms bare (layering)
- don't want anyone to see wet pits (if I sweat alot)
- don't want polo to end up with pit stains (fabric protection thanks to disposable tee underneath)
- extra layer of odor protection (if I get extra smelly when I sweat)
- color coordination of some sort (I wore a red tee under a white polo last Canada Day)