or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Any One for a Scotch?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any One for a Scotch? - Page 249

post #3721 of 4254
I had one of the Port Charlotte's by Bruichladdich, it was quite good....terrible that I cant remember which one of them....so I will have to go back and have another.
post #3722 of 4254
received some recent presents


also my collection of empty hibiki bottles, they are so nice i never want to throw them away
post #3723 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

received some recent presents


also my collection of empty hibiki bottles, they are so nice i never want to throw them away

I use my old one as decanters
post #3724 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post

I use my old one as decanters

Ha ha I do too
post #3725 of 4254

I hosted a house warming party recently, and was lucky enough to be gifted a bottle of The Balvenie 12 year old single barrel. 

It was my first time trying this Balvenie (I have a bottle of the Doublewood), and i have to say, it's fantastic scotch.

 

I like it more than the Doublewood, as I find it more complex. I got creme caramel, custard, banana, raisin, cherry, tobacco... Reading that now, maybe I drank too much of it....?

 

Anyways, love the scotch and would recommend it.

post #3726 of 4254
Most Balvenie is real good and even their cheap stuff is good. Far less misses than most other brands

Just opened this up. Signatory is a great independant bottler. Prices are good and variety is usually there. This glenlivet is delicious. Oh, and a lot of their offerings are at high strength.

post #3727 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman311 View Post

Most Balvenie is real good and even their cheap stuff is good. Far less misses than most other brands


Ture true.
Would not say Balvenie is always great but they are vary careful that the releases should be at least solid.
post #3728 of 4254
Picked up a Glenfarclas 17 and a Highland Park 12. The HP is great after its had some time to breathe a little and haven't opened the Glenfarclas, but I'm expecting some rich goodness this xmas.
post #3729 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBrown85 View Post

Picked up a Glenfarclas 17 and a Highland Park 12. The HP is great after its had some time to breathe a little and haven't opened the Glenfarclas, but I'm expecting some rich goodness this xmas.

I also like the HP 12. IMHO, it's worth the extra $15 over the 10.

 

After that, though, things just start getting crazy (at least at the LCBO). $200 for the 18, $650 for the 25, etc... :cry:

post #3730 of 4254

Try the Dark Origins. LCBO has it for $99 and it's a step up, with a lot more sherry.

post #3731 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelscott7 View Post

Try the Dark Origins. LCBO has it for $99 and it's a step up, with a lot more sherry.
I just finshed a bottle of this and thought it was pretty good. This was my second bottle and I dont remember being thoroughly impressed with my first one but second time around it is good. Kinda reminds of Bowmore darkest (15yo) with a tad less smoke.
post #3732 of 4254
I've asked around about the dark origins but nobody I know has tried it. I already cracked the 12, so once that's done I'll check it out.
post #3733 of 4254
finally tried Laphroaig 10Yr and Hakushu 12, oh man super surprised i liked something as smokey as LLaphroaig. Hakushu was surprisingly delicious as well.
post #3734 of 4254
Revisited this one recently. My initial impression wasn't great, but that's been revised. It has a ton going on, coupled with significant strength. The right amount of water really helps too.


After polishing off the cask strength 10 year old, which I absolutely loved, I opened this one up. I like it, but would trade it for the cs 10.
post #3735 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

After polishing off the cask strength 10 year old, which I absolutely loved, I opened this one up. I like it, but would trade it for the cs 10.

The 10 year CS is my favorite expression of Laphroaig, at least among the common bottlings. The 18 year is very nice, but it gets tamed in a way that puts it more in line with some other Islays like Lagavulin. The 10 CS is just rich in a really appealing way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Any One for a Scotch?