or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Any One for a Scotch?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any One for a Scotch? - Page 76

post #1126 of 3241
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

Don't bother with fancy glassware. Any old tumbler will do just fine, I've been using a pewter Jefferson cup lately.

Disagree
post #1127 of 3241
Liking it so far. I've only opened the Macallan, but I think this will work out well. I don't have very developed taste buds, but I definitely tell that it's sweeter and maybe tasting some honey. It is still a bit harsh though.
Edited by Althis - 12/26/11 at 10:31pm
post #1128 of 3241
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post

Disagree

+1
post #1129 of 3241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althis View Post

Liking it so far. I've only opened the Macallan, but I think this will work out well. I don't have very developed taste buds, but I definitely tell that it's sweeter and maybe tasting some honey. It is still a bit harsh though.

a splash (more like a few drops per pour) of spring water can help open it up a touch .... this may give you a better sense of flavors on your palate. I hope you know already, no ice and no cutting a regular proofed scotch with water (aside from the drops).
post #1130 of 3241
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post

Disagree

fing02[1].gif
post #1131 of 3241
I found this http://artofmanliness.com/2009/04/05/the-art-of-manliness-guide-to-scotch-whisky/ I'm sure there are others and it's by no means comprehensive but it has a good amount of introductory info that may be helpful.
post #1132 of 3241
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post

Disagree

+1 for sure.
post #1133 of 3241
if you're on a strict budget speyburn is really not a bad choice
post #1134 of 3241
trying the Glenlivet (which I do like more than the Macallan now)

Incredibly smooth compared to what I'm used to. Definitely like this.
Edited by Althis - 12/28/11 at 11:15am
post #1135 of 3241

riedel or glencairn?

 

also looking to get a bigger flask. what do yall have? looking at some of the snow peak ti ones, but they're $$$.

post #1136 of 3241
Quote:
Originally Posted by commedesformes View Post

riedel or glencairn?

also looking to get a bigger flask. what do yall have? looking at some of the snow peak ti ones, but they're $$$.

Both are fine but I prefer the Glencairn's shape, price tag, and sturdiness.

http://www.homewetbar.com/Giant-Extremely-Large-Flask-p-822.html

Just kidding... just a couple standard 8oz ones if it is a longer outing.
post #1137 of 3241
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Bacon View Post

Both are fine but I prefer the Glencairn's shape, price tag, and sturdiness.

This
post #1138 of 3241

So Macallan is technically a Highland but they claim Speyside?

post #1139 of 3241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matto ELITE View Post

So Macallan is technically a Highland but they claim Speyside?


No, they are technically a Speyside...
post #1140 of 3241

Reasoning behind my comment, from wiki:

 

Since the Scotch Whisky Regulations 2009 came into force labelling of bottles of Scotch whisky has been regulated, and currently produced bottles of The Macallan indicate it is a Highland Single Malt. However the website for the brand indicates that "The Original and Spiritual Home" of The Macallan is Speyside,[5] an area near Strathspey.



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post


No, they are technically a Speyside...


 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Any One for a Scotch?