or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › LA Times: How Douchey Jeans Are Made
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LA Times: How Douchey Jeans Are Made - Page 2

post #16 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

Koo's ( sp) is one of the few companies that is completely vertical.

This is interesting, never heard of them. Link?
post #17 of 40
There was an episode of the BBC documentary series Secrets of the Superbrands that dealt with fashion a while ago. It showed the Diesel denim factory (somewhere in India iirc) and the way the jeans are distressed. Pretty interesting stuff.
post #18 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

I think so. However, no one gives an answer. I am hoping that AtrocityVector or Blaster will enlighten us with some facts so we can put this topic to bed , once and for all.

Mauro:

You said "your ascetics are yours alone" and you were almost right. I'm sure you meant to say my aesthetics are mine alone and had you said this you would have been right.

We're not dealing with "facts" here. We're dealing with personal preferences. I personally don't like taking a drill to denim to break them in. I personally like wearing a pair raw and having them develop a patina that says something about me.

As for not "having the right" to talk badly about Adriano, I'm sorry but I do have that right. I can say if I don't like the things he produces even if it's solely based on my personal taste. I can say that I don't like Diesel jeans and I think they're douchey.

Get your panties unbunched.
post #19 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post


AtrocityVector- Can you please explain to all of us why the jeans are shit? You can start with Diesel and AG.

Uh I have no problem with washed denim, but I think you're one of the few people here who actually likes those brands... Diesels suck dude.
post #20 of 40
^^^ diesel sucks??? Really? So A billion dollar company sucks?I think the public thinks otherwise. I appreciate the business model of diesel. I respect that Diesel has a space inside the Martelli laundry. Who can boast that? Diesel and AG lead the denim industry in innovation as well or is that pretty douchey as well?

The difference between you and me Bl@ster is I am leader and you're a sheep. When SF and other like it change tune so will you.
I am also sure your mom dressed you until recently. Then you bought some APC's ( a friend recommended them to yo totally overrated) and a flathead flannel maybe even some wolverine 1000 miles boots . Know you think you know what cool is? You don't know shit.

Your right you have the "right" to speak however you want. However, when you talk and can't back up what you say you look like an uneducated ass.
The image given off by diesel or AG might not be SF/Bl@ster approved but just saying "because I don't like them" is the lamest answer in the world.
You are acting liking the little fat kid that owes the red kickball.

You could have said " here is a fun little read about the premium denim market", I don't care for AG's ascetic and diesel isn't my type of clothing but the read is cool.
You didn't you made a shit head remark and people "schmucks" working ,doing an honest trade. You go try to make a pair of jeans and wash them down. I will review your work or better yet SF will review your work. Them we will see who is the real schmuck.

Over 2/3 of the SF community before converting to Styleforumisim wore diesel, replay, or so called "mall brands". Are those people douches too?
Get real. Just because this s a public forum doesn't give you the right to speak poorly about someone , keyboard warrior. It's little shits like you( I call them shit stirrers )that make places like SF suck. You aren't better than anyone else.
post #21 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

^^^ diesel sucks??? Really? So A billion dollar company sucks?I think the public thinks otherwise.

Are you implying that, because a company is profitable and successful, it doesn't suck? Does that make Wal-Mart a model company as well?
I don't mind Diesel, but both these criteria are not enough to evaluate the quality of a company's products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

I personally like wearing a pair raw and having them develop a patina that says something about me.
What does it say about you? That your lifestyle is influenced by a trend you found on the internet 6 or 7 years late?
post #22 of 40
^^ you sound bit me.
I think diesel doesn't suck because they're innovators and marketing geniuses. Diesel can also put out a VERY high quality garment maybe not aesthetically pleasing to all but a quality garment none the less.



Octo- "Are you implying that, because a company is profitable and successful, it doesn't suck? Does that make Wal-Mart a model company as well?
I don't mind Diesel, but both these criteria are not enough to evaluate the quality of a company's products."
you are correct in saying this. I should have worded my thoughts better.
post #23 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post

Uh I have no problem with washed denim, but I think you're one of the few people here who actually likes those brands... Diesels suck dude.
Watch out, ripping on MMM like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsoren View Post

The idea that raw is the only way to go is stupid as hell.
Yeah, you can't always go raw...but once you do, it's hard to go back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post

Sorry not all of us want to wear the same pair of pants for a year without washing them to get distressing.
I resent that remark. I've washed my jeans twice, and it's only been since March. plain.gif
post #24 of 40
Diesel isn't my thing and they do make some intensely ugly stuff but I think people are too hard on that brand here. They make some cool stuff.
post #25 of 40
People can wear whatever they want, and I'll dislike a lot of it (douche, goth ninja, over the top workwear, uncontrol) but not really care either way. Some of you get way too worked up.

At the end of the day Diesel, AG, Ed Hardy and the rest of them are turning massive profits by appealing to people (whether that be through design, marketing or celebrity endorsement). The rest of you (with the excpetion of small-scale clothing operations run by a couple members here) are stuck saving pennies and starving yourself to buy and fit into the next pair of $500 raw japanese denim made by a autistic albino in a back alley in yokasushichickenballtown..how does that make you any different then the guy who buys $500 pre-distressed jeans with a horseshoe on the ass? People here salivating over highpriced 1920's repros, flimsy sheer tank tops and $1000 leather boots with names that start with gui(do) are the same type of person who buys bedazzled tiger t-shirts and jeans with more holes in them then fabric. Ya'll just do it over a different style of clothing, the difference being a lot of you are ignorant snobs about it.
post #26 of 40
does johnh like anything?
post #27 of 40
This thread is very interesting. I do appreciate this conversation. I believe people need to try and be more respectful around here. We are all adults am I correct? People on this forum seem to be too uptight and need to take a deep breath. We can have intelligent conversation without resorting to insults.
post #28 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

does johnh like anything?

white people
post #29 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

does johnh like anything?

Not you anymore.
post #30 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

does johnh like anything?

J. Crew
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › LA Times: How Douchey Jeans Are Made