or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › LA Times: How Douchey Jeans Are Made
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LA Times: How Douchey Jeans Are Made

post #1 of 40
Thread Starter 
Err... "premium"! Yeah, that's it.

http://www.latimes.com/features/image/la-ig-howitsmade-20110814,0,5528069.story

The idea of some poor fuck in a warehouse grinding down a new pair of jeans to make them look "authentic" is absurd.
Edited by bl@ster - 8/13/11 at 3:48am
post #2 of 40
she wrote that jeans were fashion-forward i don't get how you could come to this idea
post #3 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeemon View Post

she wrote that jeans were fashion-forward i don't get how you could come to this idea


That's pretty much the go-to phrase for journalists explaining something in fashion they don't understand / approve of. 

post #4 of 40
First off , Blaster your ascetics are yours alone.. Secondly, I think the article did a great job of explaining the wash process without getting overly detailed while entertaining the reader.
Adriano is a great guy with great vision and is a well respected figure in the fashion and denim industry.


Blaster, you might not like the Brands Adriano has helped make successful but it doesn't give you the right to speak badly about him or the compaines mentioned int he article. A lot of the jeans you think are worth while are around because of Adriano and people of his caliber.
He was washing jeans before you were probably walking.

The forum is a good place to learn and express ideas but it's just not cool to write what you think is "absurd" when you don't know shit about the denim industry.
post #5 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

First off , Blaster your ascetics are yours alone.. Secondly, I think the article did a great job of explaining the wash process without getting overly detailed while entertaining the reader.
Adriano is a great guy with great vision and is a well respected figure in the fashion and denim industry.


Blaster, you might not like the Brands Adriano has helped make successful but it doesn't give you the right to speak badly about him or the compaines mentioned int he article. A lot of the jeans you think are worth while are around because of Adriano and people of his caliber.
He was washing jeans before you were probably walking.

The forum is a good place to learn and express ideas but it's just not cool to write what you think is "absurd" when you don't know shit about the denim industry.

+ 1 Big Time. Way to go Mauro! It's so easy to talk shit on these forums, esp. when you don't know the facts.
post #6 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post


The idea of some poor fuck in a warehouse grinding down a new pair of jeans to make them look "authentic" is absurd.

Agree that they're shit but I'd rather see all the guidos and people with no taste wearing these than slim raws.
post #7 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrocityVector View Post


Agree that they're shit but I'd rather see all the guidos and people with no taste wearing these than slim raws.

Well, the guidos and Mauro. They go great with an Ed Hardy t-shirt.
post #8 of 40
Sorry not all of us want to wear the same pair of pants for a year without washing them to get distressing. Details don't make you a douche. Getting this bent out of shape about some people preferring pre-distressed denim does, though.
post #9 of 40
Wow, Thank you, Uncontrol . you are correct.

Blaster,
Your out of line and you know NOTHING and it shows in your post.
post #10 of 40
I would be open to prewashed denim if they looked as good, brand new, as reputable raw denims look at any stage in their life cycle. The problem is... I haven't found any washed denim brands that achieve this.
post #11 of 40
Jean Shop, Dior.
post #12 of 40
I'm not a fan of AG or Diesel, but there is some great washed denim out there. As cyc mentioned, Jean Shop and Dior are great; I'm a huge fan of R13 as well. RRL has some great washes, Rag & Bone, Robert Geller, Simon Miller, even Baldwin now...

There is shitty washed denim out there, just like there is shitty raw denim out there. The idea that raw is the only way to go is stupid as hell.
post #13 of 40
AG is a front runner in development. Koo's ( sp) is one of the few companies that is completely vertical. There is a fit for almost everyone. I use to wear a pair of jeans that wear washed 8 oz supima cotton until I ripped them. The wear great for Summer in D.C.


AtrocityVector- Can you please explain to all of us why the jeans are shit? You can start with Diesel and AG.
post #14 of 40
Do they just recycle this topic every 2 years or what.
post #15 of 40
I think so. However, no one gives an answer. I am hoping that AtrocityVector or Blaster will enlighten us with some facts so we can put this topic to bed , once and for all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › LA Times: How Douchey Jeans Are Made