or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › New Ralph Lauren line: Denim & Supply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Ralph Lauren line: Denim & Supply - Page 4

post #46 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiAkuma View Post

It's no slimmer then my RLBL, RLPL, or rugby items. 

I've found this to not be the case. I even measured the 3 Polo RL button down shirts vs the 4 D&S button down shirts. On average the D&S shirts measured 1" less in the chest.

Sorry for introducing actual data into the discussion!
post #47 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post


I've found this to not be the case. I even measured the 3 Polo RL button down shirts vs the 4 D&S button down shirts. On average the D&S shirts measured 1" less in the chest.
Sorry for introducing actual data into the discussion!

Which model & which cut? I have a few dozen work shirts from RL and they all very drastically depending on model and cut, even with in a single product like (RLBL, RLPL, RL Polo, Blue Label, ect....) The other factor is "made to tuck: or "made to be un-tucked"

post #48 of 58
Uh, the material quality and construction are obviously lower quality than RL's other lines. You have to be very careful with this line...
post #49 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Uh, the material quality and construction are obviously lower quality than RL's other lines. You have to be very careful with this line...

Same works, same workers line @ the plant in China. Now you're just talking to talking, I personally own multiple shirts from this line and they are at least the same grade quality if not better then normal RL Polo shirts. Black Label is a notch up, RRL is also an notch up & Purple label is several, but this is made by the same people on the same machines as every piece of RL Polo that comes out of China. 

post #50 of 58
You are clueless.
post #51 of 58
love the look of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Lauren-Denim-and-Supply-Faded-Indigo-Blue-Cotton-Cardigan-Sweater-M-/171151334904?pt=US_CSA_MC_Sweaters&hash=item27d96a1df8

missed out on the RRL version a couple season ago. can anyone speak to the denim & supply line quality?

post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

love the look of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Lauren-Denim-and-Supply-Faded-Indigo-Blue-Cotton-Cardigan-Sweater-M-/171151334904?pt=US_CSA_MC_Sweaters&hash=item27d96a1df8

missed out on the RRL version a couple season ago. can anyone speak to the denim & supply line quality?


Quality is very hit or miss. Mostly miss, but if you're careful and patient you can pick up some fairly nice pieces at low prices once they've gone on sale. I have a few D&S shirts that I like very much but I do return most of what I order.
post #53 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post


Quality is very hit or miss. Mostly miss, but if you're careful and patient you can pick up some fairly nice pieces at low prices once they've gone on sale. I have a few D&S shirts that I like very much but I do return most of what I order.

 

Gotta agree with Bl@ster...I bought a couple of flannels Winter 12', read the measurements and picked out my sizes according to the size chart..When I receive the items..one was baggy and way too big while the other was too snugged...Returned both items and never will I purchase from that RL line again...

My suggestion spend a little more and get on RRL gear...quality

post #54 of 58
thanks guys. I typically will only purchase RRL however I missed out on the RRL equivalent of this style. ill probably pull the trigger since I can always return. will report back here
post #55 of 58
bl@ster is correct with the hit or miss statement. Not a line I would buy online but I have a few nice pieces that exceed in value the sales prices I paid.
post #56 of 58
Hey guys! Been following the chat and trying to determine what size I would need in a D&S polo. Does it run like Classic Polo or Custom? In Classic I can wear a L. In Custom I need an XL. Please help! Thanks in advance.
post #57 of 58

I've never reached heights more vaunted than Polo, but I consider the Denim & Supply tee I bought to be of comparable quality (not that I rate the quality of Polo particularly highly at all...)

 

Concession: I only have the tee whereas bl@ster appears to have had the benefit of experience with a wider range of Denim & Supply pieces.

post #58 of 58
Thanks man! I went ahead and ordered an XL it was on sale. I'll return it if the fit and quality isnt good.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › New Ralph Lauren line: Denim & Supply