or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › How do you eat your Weetabix?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How do you eat your Weetabix? - Page 2

post #16 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
My favourite is the Kashi box with the 2 chicks that look like they are more than just "good friends".


lesbo-suggestive advertising is the brainchild of some evil marketing genius.
post #17 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
stazy, i see the appeal of the brown sugar. why does it taste so good?
Because it's just flat out better than normal sugar. It's not as grainy and it has a richer, more natural taste.
post #18 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy
Because it's just flat out better than normal sugar. It's not as grainy and it has a richer, more natural taste.

It has a richer, more robust flavour in it from the molasses. I use brown sugar all the time in hot cereals, like oatmeal, Red River, or Cream of Wheat.
post #19 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
...Crunchy Weetabix? When hell freezes over!

PHILISTINE! There is the One True Way to Weetabix! Anyway, it wouldn't make a good raft it if went all mushy, would it now? Eh? EH?
post #20 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
It has a richer, more robust flavour in it from the molasses. I use brown sugar all the time in hot cereals, like oatmeal, Red River, or Cream of Wheat.

post #21 of 34
mmmm......Weetabix. I eat it with regular sugar and milk.

Luckily, it is pretty damn easy to find in the U.S. now. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for it's equally amazing brit counterpart Readybrek.....



I refuse to fork out $7 a box for it at my local British Foods store.
post #22 of 34
I'm shocked, SHOCKED at the number of crunchy bix eaters here. I thought soggy was the only way to eat it. I never eat it until it's been soaking for a good few minutes. I'll take my raft crunchy, but my bix soggy.
post #23 of 34
Has anybody seen the chocolate chip Weetabix around? I think I read about it on the UK site a while ago.
post #24 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Has anybody seen the chocolate chip Weetabix around? I think I read about it on the UK site a while ago.

Seriously? Chocolate chip Weetabix?!? Sounds like something made for the Glasgow market (seeing how they are in the lead for bad eating habits in the UK)
Hmm...How about deep-fried Weetabix! Yummers!

*faints*
post #25 of 34
Dare I ask - what in the world is weetabix? Is it like shredded wheat?
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan
Dare I ask - what in the world is weetabix? Is it like shredded wheat?

Sort of, in principle. It is like flakes of wheat compressed in to rounded edge bars. GOod stuff.
post #27 of 34
When I think of Shredded Wheats, I think of the large "Muffets". Was that a Canadian only thing? We'd make them by letting them soak in hot water for a while, draining the water, then pouring on cold milk and sugar.
post #28 of 34
Whenever I ate shreded wheat when I was a kid (not frosted miniwheats) It was either the huge ones with a bit of milk and honey or the fruit/rasin filled ones that are nearly impossible to find anymore but were absolutely fantastic.
post #29 of 34
+1 for cold milk and sugar, and then soggy as hell. Although sometimes, when I'm feeling really adventurous, I'd eat it immediately so that it's still 'crunchy'.

I do have to admit that it's been ten years since I last had Weetabix and like one of the others, I refuse to pay Hong Kong prices for 'imported delicacies' such as Weetabix.
post #30 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
My favourite is the Kashi box with the 2 chicks that look like they are more than just "good friends".


what's Glenn Close doing on a box of cereal?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › How do you eat your Weetabix?