or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › is size 50 equal to M or L? Loro Piana
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

is size 50 equal to M or L? Loro Piana

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

buying  Loro Piana jackets online for 6' tall guy, skinny. He usually wear L size,   is 50 enough or should I buy 52?   50 is equal to M right?

 

 

post #2 of 15
Bad idea. Lettered sizes are imprecise, and he might not be wearing the best one anyway. You need to measure his chest in CM. Take that number, divide it in half, and number is is what he should be wearing.

The size that corresponds to is a 39.5" chest, by the way, if you only have inches on your tape measure.

Measuring garments will not get you an accurate result.
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyang Lee View Post

buying  Loro Piana jackets online for 6' tall guy, skinny. He usually wear L size,   is 50 enough or should I buy 52?   50 is equal to M right?

 

 


50 is a Medium, at least for Loro Piana.

But you're also giving semi-contradictory information.

I am 6'3 and I don't consider myself skinny (185lbs / I wear a 34 in most pants) but a size 50 LP Roadster Jacket (Villa D'Este?) fits me very nicely. 52s by Loro Piana fit a little bit roomy, though I wear some other brands in that size.
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post


50 is a Medium, at least for Loro Piana.

But you're also giving semi-contradictory information.

I am 6'3 and I don't consider myself skinny (185lbs / I wear a 34 in most pants) but a size 50 LP Roadster Jacket (Villa D'Este?) fits me very nicely. 52s by Loro Piana fit a little bit roomy, though I wear some other brands in that size.

Seconded. I'm 6'4" 175 and I wear a medium in almost anything--length can be an issue, but since you're dealing with a 6' guy, less of an issue for you.
post #5 of 15
Au contraire, you are both quite skinny. I am 5' 10" 185 pounds and powerfully built (not fat - 34 waist). I wear a L in almost everything. I don't have much experience with their jackets but in their sweaters I am a 52 for sure.

6' 4" 175 is a string bean. This guy is 6' 4 225. 50 pounds heavier than you.

500
post #6 of 15
Better to double check his chest size... : )
post #7 of 15
While it is less related to the thread, don't buy any player's listed height or weight. I've met Brady and had about 2 inches on him. Hell, Brian Westbreook was listed at 5'11" one year and is about 5'5" in real life. He did it so he could respond to the question of "How tall are you?" with "About six feet."
post #8 of 15
M is a 50 in LP only because the sweaters run tremendous. Usually a M is a 48 and a L is a 50.
post #9 of 15
I trust the tape measure and nothing else.
post #10 of 15
I find LP runs small. I would get 52. I have a L Loro piana shirt and it's barely wearable. Very trim.
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

M is a 50 in LP only because the sweaters run tremendous. Usually a M is a 48 and a L is a 50.

I disagree. It varies greatly with the style of sweater or jacket, at least from my personal experience. Loro Piana is my favorite brand, and I've noticed that the sizes vary greatly by style. I suggest trying on the particular style piece in a store before purchasing.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker View Post


I disagree. It varies greatly with the style of sweater or jacket, at least from my personal experience. Loro Piana is my favorite brand, and I've noticed that the sizes vary greatly by style. I suggest trying on the particular style piece in a store before purchasing.

I was speaking only to sweaters, which in my experience all run big. As Mack said though, only trust the tape measure.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


I was speaking only to sweaters, which in my experience all run big. As Mack said though, only trust the tape measure.

Maybe many do, but I've actually bought a couple crew neck sweaters in size 52. And I'm no where near a normal 52.
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker View Post


Maybe many do, but I've actually bought a couple crew neck sweaters in size 52. And I'm no where near a normal 52.

What size are you usually?
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


What size are you usually?

Honestly I'm generally a 48/50. Perhaps it is the "made for the US market pieces" that fit a bit large.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › is size 50 equal to M or L? Loro Piana