or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 61

post #901 of 1466
Taxgenius,

I just put in a order for one that size but with the seven holes instead. I ordered a couple of these belts primarily to wear with nice denims and casual wear; aesthetically speaking how does the 5 holes vs the 7 holes? Is it classier looking or just a personal preference? The order has yet to be completed/paid for, if you still have the belt I can email Dawn at Equus Leather to correct and complete my order. Thanks.
post #902 of 1466
There's no real difference. I just didn't see the need for so many holes. God help me if my waist line fluctuates that much.
post #903 of 1466

Received my Lined and Raised last Thursday. It is the very definition of quiet elegance and quality. Thanks very much to Charlie and Dawn for being the fine artisans you are!

post #904 of 1466

stil waiting on mine, left the UK on the 3rd. cant wait to get them

post #905 of 1466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezentius View Post

Received my Lined and Raised last Thursday. It is the very definition of quiet elegance and quality. Thanks very much to Charlie and Dawn for being the fine artisans you are!

Thanks you for the kind words, much appreciated :-)

Charlie
post #906 of 1466
Thread Starter 
A question for you all. We're thinking about a website upgrade next year, the current website is getting a little old and there are a number of things we'd like it to do we can't at the moment and I know it doesnt work brilliantly for customers in the Far East. Is there anything you'd like us to change/add/think about when we are developing it? Any feature we are particularly lacking? Feedback much appreciated - we want to make it work as well for our customers as possible.

Charlie
post #907 of 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

A question for you all. We're thinking about a website upgrade next year, the current website is getting a little old and there are a number of things we'd like it to do we can't at the moment and I know it doesnt work brilliantly for customers in the Far East. Is there anything you'd like us to change/add/think about when we are developing it? Any feature we are particularly lacking? Feedback much appreciated - we want to make it work as well for our customers as possible.

Charlie

 

One thing that would have been helpful for me is if you have pictures of different custom options, i.e. 7 vs 5 holes 1" vs 3/4" spacing, different thread colors with the different leathers. Side by side and/or someone wearing them. If you take some pictures of customer orders then you can probably get a fair amount of them. I was mainly worried that it might look odd, but didn’t have anything to compare it too. A side by side comparison of the various buckles and leather colors would be welcome. Showing off some more unique designs might be nice, just to show off what you can do. Also, I think some parts of your site is too much text and not enough pictures, such as About, materials, leather care, belt sizing guide. 

post #908 of 1466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoose View Post

One thing that would have been helpful for me is if you have pictures of different custom options, i.e. 7 vs 5 holes 1" vs 3/4" spacing, different thread colors with the different leathers. Side by side and/or someone wearing them. If you take some pictures of customer orders then you can probably get a fair amount of them. I was mainly worried that it might look odd, but didn’t have anything to compare it too. A side by side comparison of the various buckles and leather colors would be welcome. Showing off some more unique designs might be nice, just to show off what you can do. Also, I think some parts of your site is too much text and not enough pictures, such as About, materials, leather care, belt sizing guide. 

Thanks Yoose, all good stuff

Charlie
post #909 of 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezentius View Post
 

Received my Lined and Raised last Thursday. It is the very definition of quiet elegance and quality. Thanks very much to Charlie and Dawn for being the fine artisans you are!

pics?

post #910 of 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

I just didn't see the need for so many holes. God help me if my waist line fluctuates that much.
Agreed.
post #911 of 1466
Thread Starter 
I've just added 4 more belts to our clearance section which are all ready to go. Last posting to the USA is December 13th, so if you're still looking for presents then get in quick wink.gif

We also have a small selection available in our Ready To Wear section too.

Dawn
post #912 of 1466
Booooo! Please start rejecting more 38's?
post #913 of 1466

I'm on the hunt for a belt that goes well with less dressy generic brown shoes/boots, mainly with dark jeans but also going as formal as an odd sports jacket/trousers combo. So mainly on the casual/durable side of things, but can also be dressed up a little.

 

Which belt(s) in the Equus range do you recommend for this criteria? Ok, this is a bit of a "whatever suits you, dude" case, but reading through these pages has made me aware of some intricacies I didn't know existed when choosing leather so I'd appreciate some input. :)

 

Also, what are the pros/cons of a nickel buckle and a stainless steel one? (I just want the best one that's silver in colour.)

post #914 of 1466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampo26 View Post

I'm on the hunt for a belt that goes well with less dressy generic brown shoes/boots, mainly with dark jeans but also going as formal as an odd sports jacket/trousers combo. So mainly on the casual/durable side of things, but can also be dressed up a little.

Which belt(s) in the Equus range do you recommend for this criteria? Ok, this is a bit of a "whatever suits you, dude" case, but reading through these pages has made me aware of some intricacies I didn't know existed when choosing leather so I'd appreciate some input. smile.gif

Also, what are the pros/cons of a nickel buckle and a stainless steel one? (I just want the best one that's silver in colour.)

Its a bit down to personal taste really is the unhelpful answer!

Maybe the Bakers Oak Brown? What sort of brown are you thinking? If you want lots of character and a substantial belt one of the Bakers leathers is the best choice, if you want consistency of colour and a slightly lighter weight the Sedgwick leathers are the better choice. The colour guide is here

For buckles, if you want white stainless is the way forward. Solid nickel is lovely and my own favourite but its yellow white not bright white. Given that the Stainless West End or Stainless West End Roller is the way forward I would think.

Hope thats some help!

Charlie
post #915 of 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

A question for you all. We're thinking about a website upgrade next year, the current website is getting a little old and there are a number of things we'd like it to do we can't at the moment and I know it doesnt work brilliantly for customers in the Far East. Is there anything you'd like us to change/add/think about when we are developing it? Any feature we are particularly lacking? Feedback much appreciated - we want to make it work as well for our customers as possible.

Charlie

Disclaimer: This is no longer an issue for me due to the generous provision of sample leathers, but when I was first shopping...

Based on my experience, the one thing that would be most useful: Pictures that standardize color.

Description of problem: A brown belt looks brown, but how brown? Does it have red hues, or is it darker than it looks? Was the picture taken in low light? Did the surface sheen make it look darker? Is my monitor making it look different? Is the red/blue/yellow filter of the shot accurate? Is the angle of the shot vs. the flat leather sample making it look different?

Insecurity about what color the leathers were held me back from ordering a few years ago, and kept me cautious this time around. Make your customers feel sure about what they will be getting.

Description of possible solutions:

You can keep the "glamour" shots of the belts as the main pictures, but it would also be useful to have 1 picture of each of the belt leathers against a backdrop that has objects in it with colors we all know, in an outdoor or high light setting (lots of light like outdoors is best, but outdoors isn't uniform, so high light is probably best).

You'd obviously want to come up with something more professional, but if I took a picture of a belt next to a can of coke, an NFL football, an American flag, a bottle of French's yellow mustard and a bottle of Heinz ketchup, I'd have a very good idea of exactly what shade of brown/green/red the belt is, because I know exactly what the coke's red, the football's brown, the flag's red white & blue, the mustard's yellow, and the ketchup's red look like.

Due to copyright and ridiculousness, this clearly isn't a workable solution, but the idea behind it makes sense. Food for thought...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread