or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 43

post #631 of 1406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

^ There's something really calming about that video. I could watch it all day!

Rather like a swan, lots of effort underneath but quite serene looking! To be fair thats the only possible resemblance I have with a swan!

Going back to having a greater selection of leather types, these are some leather samples I got earlier - again rubbish iPhone photos but some lovely quality Italian Calf available in lots of colours overlayed with some rather special Russian grained calf from Horween


When will the Russian grained calf belt become available? I might want one to go with my Alfred Sargent chukkas of the same leather. I read somewhere that only one color is available in this leather, so I'd assume the color of your sample is the same as my shoes.
post #632 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

When will the Russian grained calf belt become available? I might want one to go with my Alfred Sargent chukkas of the same leather. I read somewhere that only one color is available in this leather, so I'd assume the color of your sample is the same as my shoes.

Probably fairly shortly, but not quite there yet - I'll post to the forum when we have them ready.

Russian calf is a finishing technique and grain pattern, the offcut above is tanned by Horween and there are 4 or 5 colours available - likely Sargents are using the same leather so there may well be several choices. To complicate matters though the leather arrives lightly finished - Sergeants will very likely have refinished or burnished it so it may look quite different to ours. Post some photos though and I can take a look

Charlie
post #633 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyBiscuit View Post




Took a picture of my little collection. Both are about the same age (4 months) but the wallet (right) gets more use. The true colour is slightly darker than pictured and is an orangey-tan like patrick's belt (under sunlight). It's actually a really dull and muddled colour right now under artificial light tbh . At the bottom of them are equus leather samples (tan, russet bakers
, hazel, bakers oak brown, oxford tan). I'd love to see how they age compared to equus bridle russet bakers

Interesting! Who made the wallets and do you know the origins of the leather?

Charlie
post #634 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Just a heads up for people. We've just added 1", 1 1/8" and 1 1/4" versions of the Fillis in Brass to the website. They are lovely well proportioned buckles and look really good made up. No photos on the website but they will go on in due course - the stainless and brass are the same though really.

I know people have been missing the 1 1/4" Fillis - hopefully this will be useful to those holding out for its return!

Charlie
post #635 of 1406

Hey Charlie! Do you guys offer the Kensington buckles in stainless steel? If not do you have any plans to? Thanks.
 

post #636 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post

Hey Charlie! Do you guys offer the Kensington buckles in stainless steel? If not do you have any plans to? Thanks.

We don't, its a brass only buckle I'm afraid. Ive tried to get the foundry to do a white metal version - no luck so far Im afraid!

Sorry!

Charlie
post #637 of 1406

Ahh ok. I was really hoping you didn't say that lol. Oh well. Maybe one day.
 

One other thing, if I may. I just placed an order but forgot to put in the styleforum code. Can I do that retroactively?

post #638 of 1406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

When will the Russian grained calf belt become available? I might want one to go with my Alfred Sargent chukkas of the same leather. I read somewhere that only one color is available in this leather, so I'd assume the color of your sample is the same as my shoes.

Probably fairly shortly, but not quite there yet - I'll post to the forum when we have them ready.

Russian calf is a finishing technique and grain pattern, the offcut above is tanned by Horween and there are 4 or 5 colours available - likely Sargents are using the same leather so there may well be several choices. To complicate matters though the leather arrives lightly finished - Sergeants will very likely have refinished or burnished it so it may look quite different to ours. Post some photos though and I can take a look

Charlie

Thanks for the reply Charlie. Here's the pair of AS boots (Radwell) I have with the hatch grain leather (as of now, AS only offers one color of this leather):
post #639 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

Thanks for the reply Charlie. Here's the pair of AS boots (Radwell) I have with the hatch grain leather (as of now, AS only offers one color of this leather):

I cant be 100% certain but I think thats Horween Russian calf in Sienna. Its much more burnished than ours though, we keep it fairly "au natural" so it hasnt got the highlights your boots have. I'll keep the forum posted with photos of ours when we have a belt to photograph though so you can see first hand

Charlie
post #640 of 1406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

I cant be 100% certain but I think thats Horween Russian calf in Sienna. Its much more burnished than ours though, we keep it fairly "au natural" so it hasnt got the highlights your boots have. I'll keep the forum posted with photos of ours when we have a belt to photograph though so you can see first hand

Charlie

Thanks for the feedback Charlie. I look forward to seeing pictures of the new belt.
post #641 of 1406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post


Interesting! Who made the wallets and do you know the origins of the leather?

Charlie

Thanks. The wallet (right) is by tanner goods which, according to the website, uses 'english bridle leather' and the one on the left is custom made by ObbiGoodLabel. I was told the material is 'premium' japanese leather but I was more concerned about the design than the leather at the time tbh.

post #642 of 1406
These belts look beautiful. Do you know the metal composition of the various different buckles? I have a very bad contact allergy to nickel that is set off by trace amounts. Are the stainless steel and brass hardware nickel free? What about silver?
post #643 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramadharma View Post

These belts look beautiful. Do you know the metal composition of the various different buckles? I have a very bad contact allergy to nickel that is set off by trace amounts. Are the stainless steel and brass hardware nickel free? What about silver?

I do to a certain degree but not enough to certify them given you have a problem with nickel. The foundry that makes our buckles uses nickel quite a bit and likely uses the same melting pots and molds for brass and pewter as the nickel so I'm not sure I would risk it. The stainless is probably OK but isnt a certified grade, its just stainless, so again I wouldnt guarantee it though I imagine it will be OK.

Two possibly helpful suggestions -

1) If you have a source of your own for buckles that you know are fine we're very happy to make a belt around your buckle

2) We could have a brass or stainless buckle palladium (or somthing else) plated. Without knowing your history I dont know if that would be sufficient for you but worth a thought as a physical barrier

Im more than happy to chat by PM or email about your specific needs if that would help

Charlie
post #644 of 1406

This question is for Charlie or anyone else with enough experience to answer it. Which Equus leather belt would go best with EG's Bauxite leather?

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

post #645 of 1406
I'm guessing hazel, or maybe the russet Baker's after it has worn in a bit - but why don't you get him to send you some samples? I received some with my last belt order and it takes the guesswork out of things.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread