or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 5

post #61 of 1328
Thread Starter 
Native,

Is that addressed to me? I'm afraid I don't understand what your asking if so.

Sorry,

Charlie
post #62 of 1328
.
Edited by Louis XIV - 10/12/11 at 11:47am
post #63 of 1328
Thread Starter 
Hi all,

Another sneak preview for you. This is the solid silver hallmarked Kensington made up on a Bottle Green strap. These will retail around the £170 mark in Sedgwick leather when they are live on the website in a few weeks. As before the photos not as good as the finalised product photos will be as doesn't show off the buckle to its very best, but a quick look for those asking to see it

500

Charlie
post #64 of 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

Good, thats what they are supposed to do :-)

If you like we'll put a tub of leather feed in the post for you, might help those marks..

FANTASTIC customer service.
I have too much leather cleaning/polishing creams as it is. Thanks for the offer though. smile.gif
post #65 of 1328
Thread Starter 
Another sneak peak at a Sterling Silver West End. This is an polished, loosely assembled buckle ready to be sent for hallmarking. They are proving very difficult to photograph well but the deep, clear lustre that makes Silver so special is clear I hope.

700
post #66 of 1328
Thread Starter 
Two more photos - this is a black Lined and Raised with a Sterling Silver West End

232
232

The Lined and Raiseds home page is here

Charlie
post #67 of 1328
Dear Charlie, the beltmaker expert,

Please forgive my delay in reply, but I do not have my own Internet access and thus my participation here is irregular. You are most attentive and I appreciate your inquiry if my question in my previous post was put to you. No, my question was about your evaluation of both belts of the manufacturer in Germany about whom the other poster is informed. I asked him what he thinks of your criticism. If you review the exchange, you see that he took the initiative to point out where this belt manufactuerer some of whose belts are advertised in that German mail order catalogue is located and offered his judgment about the same belts which you kindly viewed and evaluated on my request.

I dream of purchasing two of your best belts in the lightest brown and green, but since I can only view the website - you don't have a catalogue - my judgment and desire are slow to form.
post #68 of 1328
Thank you very much - I must say that this Style Forum website has a quite sunny side - such helpful initiative! It seems as if either I can't read the data presented by Manufaktum catalogue or the location given in that description of belts was incorrect. However, you did not respond to my request you consider the criticism submitted by the Equus representative Charlie on this thread.
post #69 of 1328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive, Jr. View Post


I dream of purchasing two of your best belts in the lightest brown and green, but since I can only view the website - you don't have a catalogue - my judgment and desire are slow to form.

Hi Naive,

If it helps we are very happy to send leather samples out. If you're looking for the lined and raised belt the samples won't give you an idea of the finished belt, but at least you can see the colours and get an idea of the quality of the leather. PM me your address and we'll send you some out.

Charlie
post #70 of 1328
Hello, your belts are great! I do have two questions-what line do you recommend for more formal wear i.e suits, and what color closely matches AE Strand in Walnut?

Thank you
post #71 of 1328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Hello, your belts are great! I do have two questions-what line do you recommend for more formal wear i.e suits, and what color closely matches AE Strand in Walnut?

Thank you

Thanks! My recommendation for a suit would be the West End in Black, Dark Havanna or a colour to suit with either a Nickel or Sterling Silver buckle. The 1 1/8" Sterling Silver on a Black strap is very smart and you couldn't go far wrong with it in my opinion. The Lined and Raised is also a contender but may be too chunky, depending on your tastes. Really any of the belts in one of the darker colours would be fine, it very much depends on your tastes.

Regarding the AEs, its difficult to give an opinion from photos, but Hazel would be the best match I would think. The offer above for colour swatches is open to anyone, more than happy to send you a sample if you'd like to see it in the flesh before you buy - photos are never the same as seeing something first hand!

Charlie
post #72 of 1328
^^Thank you
post #73 of 1328
My two belts from the limited edition Baker leather run just arrived today. Wow!! The Australia Nut really exceeded my expectations (it was darker than I expected, which is good). The leather is richly colored and substantial, yet supple. The Russet is a little stiffer and is very pale. If I didn't know what went into tanning it, I would think it untreated and rush to leather-care it right away. I am wearing it now, and if it softens and darkens with age, as I anticipate, I will be very happy. The workmanship is superb (though I would have asked to have the edges of the Russet ironed and waxed as on the Australia Nut (though clear waxed), if I had thought about it).

If you are bothering to read this, you should place an order. Really. Buy one, or two or three. They are likely as good or better than anything you already own.
post #74 of 1328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

My two belts from the limited edition Baker leather run just arrived today. Wow!! The Australia Nut really exceeded my expectations (it was darker than I expected, which is good). The leather is richly colored and substantial, yet supple. The Russet is a little stiffer and is very pale. If I didn't know what went into tanning it, I would think it untreated and rush to leather-care it right away. I am wearing it now, and if it softens and darkens with age, as I anticipate, I will be very happy. The workmanship is superb (though I would have asked to have the edges of the Russet ironed and waxed as on the Australia Nut (though clear waxed), if I had thought about it).

If you are bothering to read this, you should place an order. Really. Buy one, or two or three. They are likely as good or better than anything you already own.

Hi Dopey,

Really glad you like them, thanks for posting smile.gif

Charlie
post #75 of 1328
I received my Baker Russet belt a while back. I have used it a couple of times, and also applied some bridle feed on it. The feed does not darken the belt much but I think the belt should age very nicely with use over time. If I compare my Segwick Australian Nut belt with Baker Russet belt, I'd say that Baker is thicker and a bit stiffer at first (but softening with use). The Baker belt has some natural marks that is quite attractive for its intended use with jeans. Sedgwick is a lot more consistent in colour and lacks the natural markings that is present in Baker's Russet. I like both belts for what they are. Now, if I do not already have a Sedgwick Australian Nut, I would get Baker's version that everyone seems to rave about. Thanks for the great work and service, Charlie.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread