or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 33

post #481 of 1330
Hi Charlie,

I'm in need of a dark brown belt and thinking about the Australian nut . Would that color be able to use together with a pair of semi-dark brown shoes but with hints of burgundy? The color is truly difficult to "narrow" down. No exact science but a definitive no?

Best
post #482 of 1330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isak Bengtsbo View Post

Hi Charlie,

I'm in need of a dark brown belt and thinking about the Australian nut . Would that color be able to use together with a pair of semi-dark brown shoes but with hints of burgundy? The color is truly difficult to "narrow" down. No exact science but a definitive no?

Best

Maybe! The Aus Nut is a good darkish brown with some red, so it would probably work with the shoes even if not match perfectly. We do have a Burgundy, that might work better, its a close relation to the Aus Nut but a little richer and a touch redder - theres a photo about 3 post up.

By all means PM me a photo of the shoes and I'll take a look, or we can send you some samples if you'd like to take a look first hand?

Charlie
post #483 of 1330
Any thoughts on the best color to match with Alden's #4? I don't care about an exact match, just something that would blend nicely.

post #484 of 1330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Any thoughts on the best color to match with Alden's #4? I don't care about an exact match, just something that would blend nicely.


Hazel, Oxford Tan or Oak Brown. Sticking my neck out Id say Oxford Tan - more the colour of the burnished areas but a nice combo I would think

Charlie
post #485 of 1330
I think I might have to order 4 more belts with 13% off....
post #486 of 1330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I think I might have to order 4 more belts with 13% off....

Feel free :-)
post #487 of 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

Feel free :-)

I might just have to. For anyone on the fence, you will be so happy with these belts. Best belts I have ever worn. Stiff at first but breaks in so nicely. Colors are sharp and they are extremely comfortable.
post #488 of 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

Easter discount coupon for people - supposedly the start of Spring proper but we have a lot of snow here so maybe we can spread some retail cheer instead...As ever here to help if needs be,

Charlie

Well you got me Charlie! I've been browsing this thread and your website for at least a year. You provide such a great resource by participating here. It's that level of service and your passion for your product that made it an easy decision to buy from you at Equus. Coupled with the Easter promotion and it was just enough to push me over the edge and order 2 belts, a Burgundy West End and Russett Bakers Bridle.
post #489 of 1330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I might just have to. For anyone on the fence, you will be so happy with these belts. Best belts I have ever worn. Stiff at first but breaks in so nicely. Colors are sharp and they are extremely comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Well you got me Charlie! I've been browsing this thread and your website for at least a year. You provide such a great resource by participating here. It's that level of service and your passion for your product that made it an easy decision to buy from you at Equus. Coupled with the Easter promotion and it was just enough to push me over the edge and order 2 belts, a Burgundy West End and Russett Bakers Bridle.

Thanks to both Justin and Patrick for the kind words (and orders!), very much appreciated :-)

Charlie
post #490 of 1330
Thread Starter 
Hi All,

As promised a Sam Browne in British Racing Green. The yellow thread and brass really bring out the green - I like the combo enough this one is for me!



Charlie
post #491 of 1330

A great product, fine service, and great experience ordering. Highly recommended. Will be back for a british racing green soon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #492 of 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

Hazel, Oxford Tan or Oak Brown. Sticking my neck out Id say Oxford Tan - more the colour of the burnished areas but a nice combo I would think

Charlie

Thanks! And now a sizing question: I measured a belt according to the instructions on your site and got 34". If I add 2" to my pant size, I get 36". Which is the better measurement to use when ordering?
post #493 of 1330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Thanks! And now a sizing question: I measured a belt according to the instructions on your site and got 34". If I add 2" to my pant size, I get 36". Which is the better measurement to use when ordering?

A belt measurement is always best - trousers sizes etc are really just an estimate, albeit a good one hopefully.

The best way by a long way is

Measure your existing belt from, but not including the buckle to the hole you wear the belt on most. Assuming your belt is reasonably substantial thats generally the size you should order. The belt we make for you will be that length from the buckle to the middle of the 7 holes it has (by default), and an overall length (ex buckle) of that length +7". If your belt is quite thin its probably worth rounding the size you order up a little. There are several designs (the L&Rs, the Sam Browne and the Garrison) where you need to order 1/2 to 1" bigger, but other than those this should work for all our belts. We've no problem making belts with custom hole spacing, more or less holes, 1/2" sizes etc etc, just let us know at the time of order or get in touch to chat through what you want pre or post order and we'll sort it out for you, I'm always happy to chat through questions or ideas.

Our sizing guide is here, for completeness

I hope that helps,

Charlie
post #494 of 1330

I've been keeping an eye on your belts for a while, and now with the easter discount it seems like a good time to pick one up! But it's so hard to pick a colour smile.gif I already have a decent mid-brown belt (with no red in it), so shouldn't be too close to that.

 

I'm considering a burgundy west end - would you say the colour is similar to this one: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0184/4436/products/7983429298_343d8104a8_b_1024x1024.jpg?7270

 

or is your burgundy darker/more brown (it seems so on some of the pictures)? Thanks!

post #495 of 1330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminba View Post

I've been keeping an eye on your belts for a while, and now with the easter discount it seems like a good time to pick one up! But it's so hard to pick a colour smile.gif
 I already have a decent mid-brown belt (with no red in it), so shouldn't be too close to that.


I'm considering a burgundy west end - would you say the colour is similar to this one: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0184/4436/products/7983429298_343d8104a8_b_1024x1024.jpg?7270

or is your burgundy darker/more brown (it seems so on some of the pictures)? Thanks!

Hi BB,

Our Burgundy is definitley browner and darker than that - its rich and deep rather than light and Oxbloody, if that makes sense? Very happy to send you samples if you like?

Charlie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread