or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 23

post #331 of 1406
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpeterson830 View Post

Just ordered two belts....both 1 1/4 West End Bridle Belts.  One in Australian Nut, one in Black with nickel buckles.  They look great and I'm looking forward to making them my everyday belts.  Sadly, I have to wait a month!  Hard to find such highly recommended products that are still handmade.  Thanks for the great job Charlie and Dawn.  

These were my first two, enjoyed them enough that I ordered two more a week ago or so. Itching for the Britsh racing green one but don't know what to wear it with.
post #332 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakingChanges View Post

These were my first two, enjoyed them enough that I ordered two more a week ago or so. Itching for the Britsh racing green one but don't know what to wear it with.

In my view the British Racing Green is actually quite a flexible colour, I have several BRG belts and I think they go particularly with browns so perfect for this time of year. If your a contrarian (and I have moments of being so) Oxblood shoes and a British Racing Green belt make for a pleasing and pleasant contrast to each other, though I appreciate some will think I should be burnt as a witch for such heresy.

Charlie
post #333 of 1406
I just placed my order for 3 belts in the west end belt in BDG, Navy, and Dark Havanna icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

for anyone on the fence, Charlie has been extremely helpful and is soo fast in responding. Never hesitated with all my questions and I cant wait for my belts to come in!

Thanks Charlie!
post #334 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I just placed my order for 3 belts in the west end belt in BDG, Navy, and Dark Havanna icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
for anyone on the fence, Charlie has been extremely helpful and is soo fast in responding. Never hesitated with all my questions and I cant wait for my belts to come in!
Thanks Charlie!

Thanks for the kind words Justin smile.gif

Charlie
post #335 of 1406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

Just a few photos of recent work for people.
First of a Lined and Raised thats a commission for a customer using a very interesting green/black vegetable tanned leather. It changes colour depending on the light, sometimes showing green highlights sometimes quite black. It has a captive running loop to prevent the keeper getting lost.
233
233
233
and lastly a picture of the hallmarks of a sterling silver West End, I don't think I've posted one before. The hallmark is on the top face of the buckle as you look down on the buckle as you wear it.
233

What's the name of this color? Still being offered?
post #336 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

What's the name of this color? Still being offered?

That was actually a custom leather sourced specifically for that belt. I do have a little left over, we might be able to get another belt out of it depending on the size you want. Its as interesting as the photos make it look, very varigated and unusual. Drop me a PM if you like and we can chat some more about it.

Charlie
post #337 of 1406
Thread Starter 
I thought I'd post an update for you guys on our Scott belt project. As some of you will know I've been trying to get one of the belts to the South Pole to commemorate the centenary of Scotts death. Its proved pretty challenging, there aren't many people on earth who set foot on the pole each year and I think it should be on the pole itself rather than just the continent to count, but it looks like we might manage next year if we don't this year. In the meantime though a Scott belt will be going to the North Pole next year as part of Tim Williamsons attempt to be the first man to walk unaided to and from the North Pole, starting from Resolute Bay in Canada. Very cool to be involved in such a gutsy attempt, this is really the last great challenge of exploration and has been tried a number of times before by the likes of Rannulph Feinnes - it'll be a huge achievement for him if he manages and I'll be over the moon if some of our kit gets there with him.

I know this isnt a very SFy sort of subject but I also think there are quite a few sporting and outdoor types here who will appreciate this kind of undertaking..

The design of belt in question which can be found here



Charlie
post #338 of 1406
How's that Rambo belt project coming along Charlie? devil.gif
post #339 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

How's that Rambo belt project coming along Charlie? devil.gif

If the Rambo belt project was the 1 1/2" Quick release I'm afraid I've totally failed so far, sorry! I cant get them from our usual foundry and I havent seen any anywhere else that have looked good enough quality. I'm keeping my eyes open for you though smile.gif

Charlie
post #340 of 1406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

If the Rambo belt project was the 1 1/2" Quick release I'm afraid I've totally failed so far, sorry! I cant get them from our usual foundry and I havent seen any anywhere else that have looked good enough quality. I'm keeping my eyes open for you though smile.gif
Charlie

Keep it up Charlie. The whole of the forum is counting on you!
post #341 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Keep it up Charlie. The whole of the forum is counting on you!

LOL, I will smile.gif

Charlie
post #342 of 1406
Just ordered my first West End Belt. Can't wait to received it. And hope I don't have to pay import tax.happy.gif
post #343 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVoRy View Post

Just ordered my first West End Belt. Can't wait to received it. And hope I don't have to pay import tax.happy.gif

Thanks for the order, much appreciated :-)

Charlie
post #344 of 1406
I was at Barneys today and noticed a bridle belt made in england for Ralph Lauren. Charlie is this your handiwork? Marks on the keeper look like yours.... if so, congrats


post #345 of 1406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis View Post

I was at Barneys today and noticed a bridle belt made in england for Ralph Lauren. Charlie is this your handiwork? Marks on the keeper look like yours.... if so, congrats

Thanks for the congrats but not guilty I'm afraid. We do a little custom manufacturing for people from time to time but only very small quantities of one off designs, not on a RL sort of scale. Interesting the designer chose to use the crossed crease on the keeper, its a very old design you dont see much now. I dont recognise the work so not sure where they are sourced from.

Charlie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread