or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 168

post #2506 of 2737
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpstylz View Post

And I am looking to get the baker russet belt, but I was unsure between the peacock and royal blue, or possibly a brown lin cable. It also said that a thicker thread was used for the russet belt, not sure which is recommended.

Also not sure yet whether to get the groove/crease around the edge. Later on I plan on getting the oak bark belt and one of the explorer belts, which I would get the crease with, but regarding the baker russet belt I may get it without. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Any of these threads will work, but Royal Blue or Ecru would be my choices. Ecru comes in the thicker weight we often use for this, and is subtle and original. Royal Blue is good contrast thread, and Id choose it over Peacock because its a bolder colour, and if your going to go for contrast you might as well have bold contrast. The Yellow would work pretty well for this two.

The crease line is just personal preference really/ All our work has it by default, but you can certainly chose not to have it. For completeness the Russet belt is also Oak Bark tanned - all the Bakers leathers we carry are.

Hope that helps! We have thread sample packs if it helps you decide

Charlie
post #2507 of 2737

Do any of the other colors come in the thicker weight as well, or just ecru?

post #2508 of 2737
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpstylz View Post

Do any of the other colors come in the thicker weight as well, or just ecru?

Just the Ecru in the extra heavy, but we have a few colours in medium heavy, including the dark brown, but none of the blues I dont think
post #2509 of 2737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

Just the Ecru in the extra heavy, but we have a few colours in medium heavy, including the dark brown, but none of the blues I dont think

And can you tell me which others come in medium heavy?
post #2510 of 2737
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpstylz View Post

And can you tell me which others come in medium heavy?

Currently Soil, Dark Brown and Ecru, + Ecru extra heavy
post #2511 of 2737
Regarding the extra running keeper- did you guys get it? is it necessary or no?
post #2512 of 2737
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpstylz View Post

Regarding the extra running keeper- did you guys get it? is it necessary or no?

The other guys will hopefully chime in, but personally I dont think you need it, in particular if you go for 5 holes
post #2513 of 2737
I don't think it's necessary.

4e92211e4a279f93c45b7f8b082c4c20.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
post #2514 of 2737
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post

I don't think it's necessary.

4e92211e4a279f93c45b7f8b082c4c20.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Really good example, thank you. Thats looks like a 5 hole belt correctly fitting on the middle hole, so there will be 6" of tail which is enough to pass the first belt loop but not so much you need the extra keeper I dont think

Charlie
post #2515 of 2737
Hi Charlie,

Can you advise which is a better match to this Carmina Tan wholecut?

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-oxford-shoes/wholecut-oxford-calf-910

Sedgwick's London Tan or Baker's London Tan?

Tks a lot.
post #2516 of 2737
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanchri View Post

Definitely VISA. However, keep in mind your card issuer might charge an additional "exchange rate fee" on top of the VISA exchange rate. The VISA exchange rate is pretty much the exchange rate of the day, without any commissions put on top. The PayPal rate is usually the exchange rate of the day + 3% (more or less). Depending on your card issuer, PayPal might be above or below, but in my experience still above on average. (read more expensive

Top tip for Canadians: get the Amazon.ca VISA (issued by Chase). 0% exchange rate fees. Best card hands down for Canadians shopping outside the country. 

I actually checked with my bank and the fee is the same as paypal-3%, but paypal has a 2% cash back special for the month of June so I'm definitely going to go with that.

Just a thought to anyone whon was planning to order soon.
post #2517 of 2737

Anyone with an Apsley mind taking some pictures of how they look around your waist?

post #2518 of 2737
Thread Starter 
Hi All,

Sorry for the radio silence. We've been away over the weekend, we sponsored and judged the Best Turned Out contest at the Brahmam International Horse Trials, one of the run up events to the Olympics. A couple of the photos from the day below - some great outfits present!










Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansel View Post

Hi Charlie,

Can you advise which is a better match to this Carmina Tan wholecut?

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-oxford-shoes/wholecut-oxford-calf-910

Sedgwick's London Tan or Baker's London Tan?

Tks a lot.

I'd say the Sedgwick - difficult to say from the lighting but I dont think the Bakers would be right. We can send samples if it helps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpstylz View Post

I actually checked with my bank and the fee is the same as paypal-3%, but paypal has a 2% cash back special for the month of June so I'm definitely going to go with that.

Just a thought to anyone whon was planning to order soon.

Great tip, thank you! The £ is doing so badly at the moment its a great time to buy regardless of fees - buy now before it recovers :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBVD View Post

Anyone with an Apsley mind taking some pictures of how they look around your waist?

We're planning to take some a batch of these this summer, hopefully someone here can help in the meantime though!

Charlie
post #2519 of 2737
It must be activated before purchasing-

https://www.paypal-promo.com/two-percent-back/
post #2520 of 2737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post

I don't think it's necessary.

4e92211e4a279f93c45b7f8b082c4c20.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk


Can you tell me which belt/leather that is?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread