Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 159

post #2371 of 2879
Quite perfectly, yes smile.gif
post #2372 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

Hi Oz,

Sorry. no more photos of it as yet. Do you want me to put a bit in the post for you though?

Charlie
Thanks Charlie - PM sent.
post #2373 of 2879
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

Quite perfectly, yes smile.gif

Fab :-)
post #2374 of 2879
Thread Starter 
Next exotic wallet to leave the bench. A member here will recognise it perhaps!



The photo doesnt do justice to the subtlety and complexity of the skin, its very pretty indeed..

Charlue
post #2375 of 2879

Does alligator or croc leather "patina" similar to calf?

 

Any special care needed for this beauty?

post #2376 of 2879
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by takashi78 View Post

Does alligator or croc leather "patina" similar to calf?

Any special care needed for this beauty?

Safari alligator works very like calf and will burnish and patinate beautifully. Glazed, like any shiny leather requires a little more care. In both cases they can last generations if not abused, you often see 100 year + alligator at auction.

As ever Saphir is the best, this is good stuff

https://www.hangerproject.co.uk/saphir-reptile-beauty-milk.html

Charlie
post #2377 of 2879
Thread Starter 
Another quick photo - I'm trying to capture the depth of colour of this skin - not easy!



Charlie
post #2378 of 2879
I can't wait to see what lucky member gets it????








It's me :-)
post #2379 of 2879
Nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I can't wait to see what lucky member gets it????








It's me :-)

Nice!!!
post #2380 of 2879
just received my latest
belt from charlie
and the quality
is superb:
stitching
edge finishing
material quality
detailing

his dress belt
now rivals
(and in one case exceeds)
top french makers
like duret and montillet


2ekndz5.jpg

montillet/equus/duret
post #2381 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post

just received my latest
belt from charlie
and the quality
is superb:
stitching
edge finishing
material quality
detailing

his dress belt
now rivals
(and in one case exceeds)
top french makers
like duret and montillet


2ekndz5.jpg

montillet/equus/duret

Which equus model is that?
post #2382 of 2879
What's the Styleforum discount code?

Also - what thickness Lin stitching do you use? 0.6 mm? Do you ever use thicker Lin cable stitching?
post #2383 of 2879
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

Which equus model is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

What's the Styleforum discount code?

Also - what thickness Lin stitching do you use? 0.6 mm? Do you ever use thicker Lin cable stitching?

Its the Barnil Calf Lined and Raised, the belt shown is in Espresso with Beige Lin Cable, exactly the same as the photos on the website. The main body of the belt is stitched in 532 Lin Cable which is .57mm, the keepers are sewn in 632 which is c .5mm because they are sewn at 10 not 8spi. As with all our bespoke stuff it will be made for you so can be exactly as you want down to thread thickness.

The sf coupon is SF10%, you lucky non Europeans dont have to pay VAT either!

Charlie
post #2384 of 2879
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post

just received my latest
belt from charlie
and the quality
is superb:
stitching
edge finishing
material quality
detailing

his dress belt
now rivals
(and in one case exceeds)
top french makers
like duret and montillet


2ekndz5.jpg

montillet/equus/duret

Thank you very much for the kind words, they are much appreciated, not least because you are one of the few people to have sampled all of the top bespoke makers so are in a position to comment based on personal experience. Im delighted you like it :-)

Charlie

Charlie
post #2385 of 2879
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post


Its the Barnil Calf Lined and Raised, the belt shown is in Espresso with Beige Lin Cable, exactly the same as the photos on the website. The main body of the belt is stitched in 532 Lin Cable which is .57mm, the keepers are sewn in 632 which is c .5mm because they are sewn at 10 not 8spi. As with all our bespoke stuff it will be made for you so can be exactly as you want down to thread thickness.

The sf coupon is SF10%, you lucky non Europeans dont have to pay VAT either!

Charlie

P.S. I have some Black Barnil currently on the way from France..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread