I have a few questions about buying a casual belt. I usually don't wear a belt, but I've recently started too and quickly realized that my 1 1/2" belt was a bit wide. I'm short (5'4") so my dress belts at 1 1/8" look much better on me. However, I'm thinking I'll get one of the beautiful West End Bridle Leather Belt or the Kensington Bridle Leather Belt to wear casually and had some questions.
1. For casual wear (jeans, chinos, cords, etc) which of those two belts is more appropriate?
2. Also, if I went with the West End Bridle Leather Belt would 1 1/8" still be appropriate for casual wear? I think the 1 1/8" dress belt I have looks good with jeans, but I'm not sure if that's too narrow and others will think it look off. But ultimately, because I'm short, it has me leaning towards the narrower belt.
2. I measured the belt that fits best and it's 31.75" but your sizes are only in whole inches. Are you guys able to do it down to the quarter inch? Also, what would be the smallest gap you could make your holes without weakening the leather? Because I very, very rarely would jump an entire inch, which is what most belts have between the holes... I'd think a half inch surrounding the main hole would have more benefit. Can this be done? Something like 30.25" 30.75" and 31.25" for the three middle holes would be really nice to have, if possible of course.
3. Would the dark havana go with the following:
Both are on the dark brown side. I'm hoping dark havana would work, but let me know if there is another color that might be better suited.
4. Buckle color. If I wear to match with the boots (as well as with the brown color itself I suppose), I'd likely go with the brushed (satin finish?) nickle or brass. However, I usually go with silver-colored jewlery (i.e. watch, ring) so it might be more appropriate to go with stainless steel? That gives off a more formal look... and the belt won't be worn formally. I'm not sure what to do!
Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! And awesome belts. I can't wait to get one... and then probably another few after that I bet, lol.Edited by Jay687 - 3/2/12 at 12:51pm