or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 94

post #1396 of 1418
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercitizen View Post

Yay.  That's a big old box of belts from across the pond:





Ben

:-) Lots of lovey things in there hopefully!

Charlie
post #1397 of 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post


:-) Lots of lovey things in there hopefully!

Charlie

 

Yes, thank you Charlie and Dawn.  Everything looks great.

 

While I don't have any pictures, this is what I received:

 

-  1-1/2" wide satin stainless steel West End in Sedgwick Burgundy Bridle Leather

-  1-1/4" wide polished stainless steel West End in Baker's Scott Harness Leather

-  1-1/2" wide satin stainless steel West End in Sedgwick Oxford Tan Bridle Leather

-  1-1/2" wide satin stainless steel West End in Sedwick Dark Havana Bridle Leather

-  1-1/4" wide polished stainless steel West End in Baker's Oak Brown Bridle Leather

-  500 ml of Sedgwick Leather Feed

 

This is the combination of two orders I placed around the end of June /  early July.  I have another belt on the way, a 1-1/4" wide polished stainless steel West End in Baker's Australian Nut.  All of the belts were 36-1/2" in length and had the 7 holes at 3/4" spacing option.  I probably could've gone to 37" for the length, but I has feeling ambitious ;) .  I'm wearing the burgundy belt today on the dead center hole and it fits very comfortably.  After lunch, I can kick it out a notch.

These belts are beautiful.  I am very impressed and seeing these belts first hand have proven the quality and beauty of all of the photos of Equus Leather belts I have seen on the web. 

Maybe I will get around to posting pictures of each belt in future posts.  Obviously receiving five belts all at once is a lot to take in, but each belt has a great deal of character and I could point out many wonderful characteristics of each.

Thanks again Charlie and Dawn, they are beautiful and I look forward to years of use.

 

Ben

post #1398 of 1418
Four of these five I don't have (I have the oxford tan) - pics of all please! I'm strongly considering dark Havana and burgundy for my next dress belt purchases, and both the Scott and the bakers oak for casual. I'm going to be in double digits with equus belts before it's all over!
post #1399 of 1418
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercitizen View Post

Yes, thank you Charlie and Dawn.  Everything looks great.

While I don't have any pictures, this is what I received:

-  1-1/2" wide satin stainless steel West End in Sedgwick Burgundy Bridle Leather
-  1-1/4" wide polished stainless steel West End in Baker's Scott Harness Leather
-  1-1/2" wide satin stainless steel West End in Sedgwick Oxford Tan Bridle Leather
-  1-1/2" wide satin stainless steel West End in Sedwick Dark Havana Bridle Leather
-  1-1/4" wide polished stainless steel West End in Baker's Oak Brown Bridle Leather
-  500 ml of Sedgwick Leather Feed

This is the combination of two orders I placed around the end of June /  early July.  I have another belt on the way, a 1-1/4" wide polished stainless steel West End in Baker's Australian Nut.  All of the belts were 36-1/2" in length and had the 7 holes at 3/4" spacing option.  I probably could've gone to 37" for the length, but I has feeling ambitious wink.gif .  I'm wearing the burgundy belt today on the dead center hole and it fits very comfortably.  After lunch, I can kick it out a notch.


These belts are beautiful.  I am very impressed and seeing these belts first hand have proven the quality and beauty of all of the photos of Equus Leather belts I have seen on the web. 


Maybe I will get around to posting pictures of each belt in future posts.  Obviously receiving five belts all at once is a lot to take in, but each belt has a great deal of character and I could point out many wonderful characteristics of each.


Thanks again Charlie and Dawn, they are beautiful and I look forward to years of use.

Ben

Really pleased you like them smile.gif

Charlie
post #1400 of 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post

Four of these five I don't have (I have the oxford tan) - pics of all please! I'm strongly considering dark Havana and burgundy for my next dress belt purchases, and both the Scott and the bakers oak for casual. I'm going to be in double digits with equus belts before it's all over!

 

I will try to get some pics soon.  The oxford tan I got to match a pair of Carmina saddle shell cordovan shoes.  I actually haven't had a chance to check the match, but I know that they are as close as I could get in any case, so I'm not too worried.  I was a little skeptical about the dark havana color being too close to black, but I find it to be a definite darm brown...... and it matches my Red Wing Iron Ranger boots in amber harness leather after I had applied boot oil and Obenauf's waterproofing to the boots, which turned them very dark and haven't really lightened up much since.  The burgundy I got to match my color 8 shell cordovan shoes, which I got in the wider 1-1/2" width for a more casual belt since I already have a burgundy calf skin dress belt around 1-1/4" in width.  The burgundy is a little lighter than my Alden color 8 shell shoes and boots, but it is close and I'm happy with it.  I'm wondering/hoping that the Baker's Australian nut is maybe somewhat of a match to the color 8 shoes I have as well, since the swatch sample I had showed a slight reddish tinge to it.  You can see that my game plan was to get nearly one of everything..... just to be sure. 

I love the varigated look of the Baker's leather.  I'm wearing the Scott Harness belt today which matches very nicely to a pair of brown shell cordovan shoes that I have with quite a bit of varigation in it as well.

Ben

post #1401 of 1418

Hi Charlie

 

I just received my West End's belt and it is easily the best belt I've handled!

 

The option to customize everything under the sun is awesome as well. Any plans to offer shell cordovan?

 

I look forward to my next purchases. 

post #1402 of 1418

My new 1 1/4" West End in Hazel/SS-Satin. Amazing belt, amazing color (the picture doesn't really captures the subtile orange undertone). By far  the best belt i own. Looks like it will last for quite a while.

 

And yes, i ordered on the small side cus cutting weight at the moment :D

post #1403 of 1418
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonus View Post



My new 1 1/4" West End in Hazel/SS-Satin. Amazing belt, amazing color (the picture doesn't really captures the subtile orange undertone). By far  the best belt i own. Looks like it will last for quite a while.

And yes, i ordered on the small side cus cutting weight at the moment biggrin.gif

Glad you like it!

The Hazel is a really interesting colour. It's fully aniline and you really see the character of the leather up close. As Cyclonus said it's very difficult to capture the character in a photo but very apparent in person

Charlie
post #1404 of 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercitizen View Post


...I love the varigated look of the Baker's leather.  I'm wearing the Scott Harness belt today which matches very nicely to a pair of brown shell cordovan shoes that I have with quite a bit of varigation in it as well.
Ben

I wear mine with brown shell as well. The Scott Harness is my favorite Equus belt that I own.
post #1405 of 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post


I wear mine with brown shell as well. The Scott Harness is my favorite Equus belt that I own.

 

The funny thing is, today I'm wearing the exact same shoes with the Baker's Oak Brown belt and it looks fantastic with it as well!  My brown shell shoes are highly varigated and very versatile.

 

Not the best pictures, but here is the belt and the shoes

 

 

 

 

Ben


Edited by mistercitizen - 8/28/14 at 8:08am
post #1406 of 1418
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

I wear mine with brown shell as well. The Scott Harness is my favorite Equus belt that I own.

Likewise! My original Scott is worn every day in the workshop, despite the puppy tooth marks etc. I love it - its moulded to me, broken in perfectly and despite me owning what I suspect is the biggest Equus collection (some of you give me a run for it though!) it gets way more use than any of my other belts

Charlie
post #1407 of 1418
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

H
Hi Guys

A couple of people have asked if the SF discount can be used with the West End Sale. It certainly can! The SF coupon is StyleForum10% and will give you 10% of anything in your cart

Charlie

Hi All.

Last 36 hours of our West End Sale is here - grab a bargain while you can!

In other news, our new Bloomsbury belt is now live on the website specifically developed for you guys looking for a narrower belt with a more angular buckle.

Charlie
post #1408 of 1418

Damn, I missed the sale.

 

Just the perfect belt to start my collection with.

post #1409 of 1418
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNestor View Post

Damn, I missed the sale.

Just the perfect belt to start my collection with.

Theres always the forum discount! StyleForum10% gets you 10% (aren't we imaginative..) of everything in you cart - maybe that'll help

Charlie
post #1410 of 1418
Thread Starter 
Hi Guys,

Exciting news! Our Damascus buckles have just arrived, finally after many months wait. They are made by a master knife maker who inevitable with good craftspeople has more orders than he has time so they took a while longer than I thought.

They arrive in a soft bead blasted finish that we've repolished so the high spots really contrast with the more matt low spots to bring out the Damascus effect, its very pretty. Very hard to capture the subtlety in a photo but we've taken some as best we can.

Given the buckle development has been documented her on StyleForum I haven't put them on the website yet so people here get the opportunity to reserve one before they go live. From previous experiences with the other Japanese Special editions I suspect they'll sell out very fast and more than half of them are already reserved. They will be £175 (+ VAT for us EU types) including an 1 1/4" strap in leather of your choosing. I think the Bakers London Tan and Oak Brown would work well, as would the Sedgwick Midnight Blue and Black to contrast with the light buckle, all the leathers would work well with it. We can also make up an L&R using them as well for an extra charge.

If you'd like to reserve one let me know. Ive emailed everyone I know about who has said they'd like one so if you do want one and haven't had an email shout!






Charlie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread