or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 93

post #1381 of 1553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

The Rose Gold option is live on the website - no photos as yet but will follow in due course!

Charlie

 

Can you share the link Charlie? I can't seem to find it.

post #1382 of 1553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeliker View Post

Just ordered my first Equus belt last night, and once again I'll sing the wisdom of having the samples on hand. I upgraded to the Baker's Oak Brown because the samples clearly showed the subtleties of colour richness that the Bakers display. In comparing the samples with various shoes, the Bakers complemented a wide range of various shoe colours. I'm not big on having an exact match between belt and shoes, so I loved how, every time I put the Bakers sample next to a different shoe, it seemed to complement the shoe in a new and :happy:interesting way.

One thing I'd enjoy hearing comments or feedback on: I asked the Equus crew to use their professional expertise to pick a thread colour for me. I chose Lin cable, mostly thinking that I wanted to do anything possible to enhance what I imagine will be a long-term product life. I thought I wanted a very slight complementary colour, not an exact match, and I couldn't tell from the Web pics. However, on a West End belt I wonder if it matters much, as very little if any stitching shows on these belts, I imagine.

I look forward not only to receiving my purchase but also to someday buying more belts. I love buying things from companies that (from what we see on this forum and in what is communicated on the Website) have such a customer-oriented approach and an ethos grounded in a true love of the work they do.

 

Congrats!  I'm a big equus fan - I have four and will be in the market for 2-3 more once I have a permanent address again to ship to.  Regarding the thread colour, it's really something that there for you individually but not something that anyone else can actually see when you're wearing it.  I've done Baker's Aus Nut/green thread, Sedgwick Oxford Tan/red thread, Sedgwick black/blue thread, and BRG/black thread.  I like looking at each of the combos before I put them on but they're not visible after the belt is buckled.

post #1383 of 1553
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeliker View Post

Just ordered my first Equus belt last night, and once again I'll sing the wisdom of having the samples on hand. I upgraded to the Baker's Oak Brown because the samples clearly showed the subtleties of colour richness that the Bakers display. In comparing the samples with various shoes, the Bakers complemented a wide range of various shoe colours. I'm not big on having an exact match between belt and shoes, so I loved how, every time I put the Bakers sample next to a different shoe, it seemed to complement the shoe in a new and :happy:interesting way.

One thing I'd enjoy hearing comments or feedback on: I asked the Equus crew to use their professional expertise to pick a thread colour for me. I chose Lin cable, mostly thinking that I wanted to do anything possible to enhance what I imagine will be a long-term product life. I thought I wanted a very slight complementary colour, not an exact match, and I couldn't tell from the Web pics. However, on a West End belt I wonder if it matters much, as very little if any stitching shows on these belts, I imagine.

I look forward not only to receiving my purchase but also to someday buying more belts. I love buying things from companies that (from what we see on this forum and in what is communicated on the Website) have such a customer-oriented approach and an ethos grounded in a true love of the work they do.

Thanks for the order! Ive marked it as having Beige Lin Cable, its a lovely subtle contrast to the Oak Brown, I think you'll like it :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

Glad to help and pleased you like what we're doing. We genuinely do love what we do and what we make, its not just words on the website. We're very lucky to have a business that lets us make lovely things for a living and that funds the ongoing development of (hopefully) yet more lovely things.

The Rose Gold option is live on the website - no photos as yet but will follow in due course!

Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riva View Post

Can you share the link Charlie? I can't seem to find it.

On any if the belt pages there's a buckle finish option as you configure the belt. You should find Rose Gold in there as well as Palladium, polished and satin. If not something has gone wrong! Let me know if so and I'll take a look.The best buckle to pick for plating is brass, no need to pay extra for nickel etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssdc View Post

Congrats!  I'm a big equus fan - I have four and will be in the market for 2-3 more once I have a permanent address again to ship to.  Regarding the thread colour, it's really something that there for you individually but not something that anyone else can actually see when you're wearing it.  I've done Baker's Aus Nut/green thread, Sedgwick Oxford Tan/red thread, Sedgwick black/blue thread, and BRG/black thread.  I like looking at each of the combos before I put them on but they're not visible after the belt is buckled.

Exactly this - its therefore safe to have a louder contrast colour than you might do if it were visible

Thanks all

Charlie
post #1384 of 1553
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor88 View Post

Hi Charlie, I just have a question regarding your calfskin belts. Any there any plans for more colors in the future (browns, etc.)? Also, are there any options for a more traditional/formal belt buckle? The palladium plating on the west end looks like a pretty good color for formal wear, but the style of the buckle is more casual compared to the longer and more squared traditional dress buckles. Thanks!

Couple of quick development photos

No 1, the soon to be released Mayfair that I think is exactly what your describing. We're expecting this to be ready in September. It'll be available with both the Lined and Raised belts as well and in Palladium and Rose Gold finishes.




A different discussion, but for those thinking of thiner styles, this is the new Bloomsbury in 1" width, in this case in Midnight Blue with Yellow Lin Cable. This 'll be on the website shortly.



Charlie
post #1385 of 1553

That Mayfair buckle looks great. Will it also be available in solid metals? I'd prefer to avoid something with plating.

 

Also, I'm interested in possibly ordering a watch strap. How does the Barenia leather compare to the Sedgwick/Bakers (I have samples of both.) in color, durability and suppleness?

post #1386 of 1553
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeda View Post

That Mayfair buckle looks great. Will it also be available in solid metals? I'd prefer to avoid something with plating.

Also, I'm interested in possibly ordering a watch strap. How does the Barenia leather compare to the Sedgwick/Bakers (I have samples of both.) in color, durability and suppleness?

Glad you like it! It'll be available in solid brass as well as the solid brass + plated finish options.

The Barenia is quite a different leather to the bridle leathers. Its much softer, both to touch and to flex. Its a little darker than a natural russet colour when its new but fairly quickly develops into a rich brown given wear and sunlight. Part of its tanning process includes some oil both to help it patinate but also means it keeps its flexibility over time. It seems quite durable, I doubt it'll out live a Bridle leather strap though of either variety, they are specifically made to last. It makes for a very appealing and comfortable strap though, I tend to wear Barenia in preference to bridle myself.

Very happy to send a sample if it would help?

Charlie
post #1387 of 1553
Thread Starter 
This time last year the marquee was going up for our wedding! Where does the time go?

To kick off our First Wedding Anniversary celebrations we've knocked 10% off The West End available for 10 days (until the end of August).

Enjoy smile.gif
Dawn
post #1388 of 1553
Happy anniversary Dawn and Charlie!
post #1389 of 1553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

Glad you like it! It'll be available in solid brass as well as the solid brass + plated finish options.

The Barenia is quite a different leather to the bridle leathers. Its much softer, both to touch and to flex. Its a little darker than a natural russet colour when its new but fairly quickly develops into a rich brown given wear and sunlight. Part of its tanning process includes some oil both to help it patinate but also means it keeps its flexibility over time. It seems quite durable, I doubt it'll out live a Bridle leather strap though of either variety, they are specifically made to last. It makes for a very appealing and comfortable strap though, I tend to wear Barenia in preference to bridle myself.

Very happy to send a sample if it would help?

Charlie

Any chance of a nickel or steel version of the buckle?

Thanks (and happy anniversary!)
post #1390 of 1553
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Happy anniversary Dawn and Charlie!

Thank you :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeda View Post

Any chance of a nickel or steel version of the buckle?

Thanks (and happy anniversary!)

Also thanks :-)

Sadly not to either metal either Im afraid. We will be able to have it made in solid pewter though. Pewter is a nice solid white metal, we'd need to use pewter plated brass or maybe stainless steel for the tongue though to give it longevity, the tongue is the highest stress part of the buckle. I hope we may be able to have it cast in sterling silver as well in due course but that'll take some time.

Solid white metals are a real challenge, 99.999 times out of a 100 any white metal buckles you see are plated at any level of quality from Hermes downward. We have our solid nickel and solid stainless versions which aren't, they both have manufacturing difficulties that make it difficult to extend production to different buckles though

Charlie
post #1391 of 1553
Thread Starter 
H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post

This time last year the marquee was going up for our wedding! Where does the time go?

To kick off our First Wedding Anniversary celebrations we've knocked 10% off The West End available for 10 days (until the end of August).

Enjoy smile.gif
Dawn

Hi Guys

A couple of people have asked if the SF discount can be used with the West End Sale. It certainly can! The SF coupon is StyleForum10% and will give you 10% of anything in your cart

Charlie
post #1392 of 1553

Finally have the latest Equus addition in my hands, took a bit longer than expected but as usual great product, friendly service and looking forward to wearing it :). 

 

I didn't have any samples to go off just took a punt and think it worked out to be a pretty good match.

 

 

..now to cross fingers and wait for an oxblood run one day, although that Australian nut is tempting..

post #1393 of 1553

The mayfair looks great, and is exactly what I've been waiting for. Cool stuff.

post #1394 of 1553
Thread Starter 
G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Finally have the latest Equus addition in my hands, took a bit longer than expected but as usual great product, friendly service and looking forward to wearing it smile.gif

I didn't have any samples to go off just took a punt and think it worked out to be a pretty good match.




..now to cross fingers and wait for an oxblood run one day, although that Australian nut is tempting..

Glad you like it! As I've said before I love the Midnight Blue, subtle and interesting

Thanks for the photo!

Charlie
post #1395 of 1553

Yay.  That's a big old box of belts from across the pond:

 

 

 

Ben

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread