or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My dream suit for autumn/winter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My dream suit for autumn/winter

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
500

Is it possible to look this good for under $2000? I think no, but what could I do/buy to come the closest? Essentially I'm looking for a slimfit DB-jacket suit in the same kind of material as in pic. His tie is also awesome, I guess it's cashmere?

Cheers
post #2 of 23
I'd say if you have a bespoke tailor nearby OR you're willing to wait on ebay stores/B&S...you could look just as good for a fair bit less than $2000. The tie is probably cashmere as you say, but I would personally go with a grenadine silk OR a wool tie for durability.

The fabric is called flannel. Where I am (Australia) nobody stocks flannel suits that I've seen but the cloth itself is freely available. Fox Flannels in the UK are probably the best in the world and come to about $100 per yard if you choose to go bespoke.

Word to the wise regarding buying RTW: Even if the suit doesn't fit slim when you buy it...you can tailor it. To an extent. Make sure it fits in the shoulders, and that the sleeves don't have working cuff buttons such that you don't need to alter from the shoulder.

Otherwise, good luck and post pics when you've found what you're looking for.
post #3 of 23
I just purchased some flannel from Fox for 42 GBP per meter. This is their new regular price for the CBT5 13/14 oz flannel I ordered...last year it was 30 GBP.
post #4 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdMan View Post

500

Is it possible to look this good for under $2000? I think no, but what could I do/buy to come the closest? Essentially I'm looking for a slimfit DB-jacket suit in the same kind of material as in pic. His tie is also awesome, I guess it's cashmere?

Cheers

This is a great photo.

And PS - I am selling a grey cashmere tie from Petronius that nearly perfectly matches the tie in his photo - you are going to make me regret posting it for sale!

500
post #5 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlongano View Post

I just purchased some flannel from Fox for 42 GBP per meter. This is their new regular price for the CBT5 13/14 oz flannel I ordered...last year it was 30 GBP.

details on ordering from Fox?
post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


details on ordering from Fox?

You cannot order online...you can order by phone, fax, or email. They now accept credit cards.

Contact Debbie Hutchinson at the address below:

Debbie@foxflannel.com
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlongano View Post


You cannot order online...you can order by phone, fax, or email. They now accept credit cards.

Contact Debbie Hutchinson at the address below:

Debbie@foxflannel.com

do they send swatches?
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


do they send swatches?

Yes, they sent me swatches of their entire standard flannel line last year.

They have also sent me swatches of various other fabrics that I requested.
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlongano View Post


Yes, they sent me swatches of their entire standard flannel line last year.

They have also sent me swatches of various other fabrics that I requested.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Hello Little Debbie
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Hello Little Debbie

By the way, the eighteen (18) flannel swatches they sent me were 6" x 7"...very usable for a change!!
post #11 of 23
With easily, under the $2000,- dollars if you find the right tailor.
post #12 of 23
With my tailor, and Fox Flannel, that suit could be made for a total of about $1,500.00...full canvas, functional buttonholes, lots of hand sewing, etc.
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlongano View Post

With my tailor, and Fox Flannel, that suit could be made for a total of about $1,500.00...full canvas, functional buttonholes, lots of hand sewing, etc.

who is your tailor? =)
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


who is your tailor? =)

http://www.customclothingatl.com/
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlongano View Post


http://www.customclothingatl.com/

any examples of their work?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My dream suit for autumn/winter