That's what I'm doing, hehe.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- The Rubinacci Thread. Last post on 7/9/16 at 12:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Style Question - Checked shirt w/ pinstripe suit Last post on 1/18/16 at 10:41am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 10/19/16 at 2:44am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 - Page 3post #31 of 468/11/11 at 2:09pmpost #32 of 468/11/11 at 3:06pmQuote:Quote:
I think the idea is that because the SC looks fairly old, it is likely to have lower armholes rather than higher ones. I would think it is a fair assumption even though that particular picture doesn't reveal the cut of the armholes. Are you sure you like the envelope pockets?post #33 of 468/11/11 at 3:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by aj_del
At the risk of getting castrated, I ask, how much worse do the lapels look than this ?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks OK to me. The only thing I don't like is the very steeply slanted pocket flaps. Would be better with open patch pockets, no flaps.post #34 of 468/11/11 at 7:59pmI think it looks like a standard USA made tweed coat from the mid or late 70s. The wide lapels and proportional pocket flaps mark it as a period product.
Woven leather buttons are fine with tweeds.
Workmanship may be fine. Hard to know more without seeing the label.
Again, without knowing the label, it's hard to say if price is high for ebay.
But if you want it, buy it.
Edited by mack11211 - 8/11/11 at 8:34pmpost #35 of 468/11/11 at 8:17pmpost #36 of 468/11/11 at 8:17pmThread Starterpost #37 of 468/11/11 at 8:19pmpost #38 of 468/11/11 at 8:21pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by teddierileyQuote:Quote:
I think the idea is that because the SC looks fairly old, it is likely to have lower armholes rather than higher ones. I would think it is a fair assumption even though that particular picture doesn't reveal the cut of the armholes. Are you sure you like the envelope pockets?
Ok, thanks for your reply.
I will yield to you and Parkers knowledge regarding armholes.
But is a small armhole a relatively new concept in RTW ?
I like the flapped patch pockets. I wanted to get the design as close to the classic BB sack SC which has 2 flapped patch pockets and a patch breast pocketpost #39 of 468/11/11 at 11:23pmpost #40 of 469/5/11 at 4:42amThread Starterpost #41 of 469/5/11 at 5:59ampost #42 of 469/5/11 at 6:27amThread Starterpost #43 of 469/5/11 at 6:31ampost #44 of 469/5/11 at 6:42amThread Starterpost #45 of 469/5/11 at 6:59amI've bought quite a few sportcoats on ebay lately. Some have been fantastic, some have been meh, and one was absolutely miserable.
I say your first step is to measure a well fitting jacket that you have and find a jacket that has similar measurements. Having to tailor an already overpriced sportcoat sucks.
I have found some really nice, high quality stuff for under $40.
(some of the softest camelhair I've felt)
Got beat up on the lapels, but I love it
I'd be cautious before dropping $125 for a blazer.
- Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Currently, there are 897 Active Users (102 Members and 795 Guests)
- › KOPPO, sustainable timepieces higliting wood marquetry dials 59 seconds ago
- › Bespoke shoes in UK - a more affordable option? 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 29 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 33 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 34 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 52 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...