That's what I'm doing, hehe.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- The Rubinacci Thread. Last post on 8/21/14 at 4:53pm in Classic Menswear
- Style Question - Checked shirt w/ pinstripe suit Last post on 8/21/10 at 9:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 - Page 3post #31 of 468/11/11 at 2:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 468/11/11 at 3:06pmQuote:Quote:
I think the idea is that because the SC looks fairly old, it is likely to have lower armholes rather than higher ones. I would think it is a fair assumption even though that particular picture doesn't reveal the cut of the armholes. Are you sure you like the envelope pockets?post #33 of 468/11/11 at 3:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by aj_del
At the risk of getting castrated, I ask, how much worse do the lapels look than this ?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks OK to me. The only thing I don't like is the very steeply slanted pocket flaps. Would be better with open patch pockets, no flaps.post #34 of 468/11/11 at 7:59pmI think it looks like a standard USA made tweed coat from the mid or late 70s. The wide lapels and proportional pocket flaps mark it as a period product.
Woven leather buttons are fine with tweeds.
Workmanship may be fine. Hard to know more without seeing the label.
Again, without knowing the label, it's hard to say if price is high for ebay.
But if you want it, buy it.
Edited by mack11211 - 8/11/11 at 8:34pmpost #35 of 468/11/11 at 8:17pmpost #36 of 468/11/11 at 8:17pmThread Starterpost #37 of 468/11/11 at 8:19pmpost #38 of 468/11/11 at 8:21pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by teddierileyQuote:Quote:
I think the idea is that because the SC looks fairly old, it is likely to have lower armholes rather than higher ones. I would think it is a fair assumption even though that particular picture doesn't reveal the cut of the armholes. Are you sure you like the envelope pockets?
Ok, thanks for your reply.
I will yield to you and Parkers knowledge regarding armholes.
But is a small armhole a relatively new concept in RTW ?
I like the flapped patch pockets. I wanted to get the design as close to the classic BB sack SC which has 2 flapped patch pockets and a patch breast pocketpost #39 of 468/11/11 at 11:23pmpost #40 of 469/5/11 at 4:42amThread Starterpost #41 of 469/5/11 at 5:59ampost #42 of 469/5/11 at 6:27amThread Starterpost #43 of 469/5/11 at 6:31ampost #44 of 469/5/11 at 6:42amThread Starterpost #45 of 469/5/11 at 6:59amI've bought quite a few sportcoats on ebay lately. Some have been fantastic, some have been meh, and one was absolutely miserable.
I say your first step is to measure a well fitting jacket that you have and find a jacket that has similar measurements. Having to tailor an already overpriced sportcoat sucks.
I have found some really nice, high quality stuff for under $40.
(some of the softest camelhair I've felt)
Got beat up on the lapels, but I love it
I'd be cautious before dropping $125 for a blazer.
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Currently, there are 1782 Active Users (452 Members and 1330 Guests)
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 14 seconds ago
- › mhi x Penfield down jacket size L (free worldwide shipping) 32 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 5 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › BNWT Balmain High Top Sneakers 7 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...