That's what I'm doing, hehe.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- The Rubinacci Thread. Last post on 6/22/15 at 8:33am in Classic Menswear
- Style Question - Checked shirt w/ pinstripe suit Last post on 8/21/10 at 9:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 - Page 3post #31 of 468/11/11 at 2:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 468/11/11 at 3:06pmQuote:Quote:
I think the idea is that because the SC looks fairly old, it is likely to have lower armholes rather than higher ones. I would think it is a fair assumption even though that particular picture doesn't reveal the cut of the armholes. Are you sure you like the envelope pockets?post #33 of 468/11/11 at 3:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by aj_del
At the risk of getting castrated, I ask, how much worse do the lapels look than this ?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks OK to me. The only thing I don't like is the very steeply slanted pocket flaps. Would be better with open patch pockets, no flaps.post #34 of 468/11/11 at 7:59pmI think it looks like a standard USA made tweed coat from the mid or late 70s. The wide lapels and proportional pocket flaps mark it as a period product.
Woven leather buttons are fine with tweeds.
Workmanship may be fine. Hard to know more without seeing the label.
Again, without knowing the label, it's hard to say if price is high for ebay.
But if you want it, buy it.
Edited by mack11211 - 8/11/11 at 8:34pmpost #35 of 468/11/11 at 8:17pmpost #36 of 468/11/11 at 8:17pmThread Starterpost #37 of 468/11/11 at 8:19pmpost #38 of 468/11/11 at 8:21pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by teddierileyQuote:Quote:
I think the idea is that because the SC looks fairly old, it is likely to have lower armholes rather than higher ones. I would think it is a fair assumption even though that particular picture doesn't reveal the cut of the armholes. Are you sure you like the envelope pockets?
Ok, thanks for your reply.
I will yield to you and Parkers knowledge regarding armholes.
But is a small armhole a relatively new concept in RTW ?
I like the flapped patch pockets. I wanted to get the design as close to the classic BB sack SC which has 2 flapped patch pockets and a patch breast pocketpost #39 of 468/11/11 at 11:23pmpost #40 of 469/5/11 at 4:42amThread Starterpost #41 of 469/5/11 at 5:59ampost #42 of 469/5/11 at 6:27amThread Starterpost #43 of 469/5/11 at 6:31ampost #44 of 469/5/11 at 6:42amThread Starterpost #45 of 469/5/11 at 6:59amI've bought quite a few sportcoats on ebay lately. Some have been fantastic, some have been meh, and one was absolutely miserable.
I say your first step is to measure a well fitting jacket that you have and find a jacket that has similar measurements. Having to tailor an already overpriced sportcoat sucks.
I have found some really nice, high quality stuff for under $40.
(some of the softest camelhair I've felt)
Got beat up on the lapels, but I love it
I'd be cautious before dropping $125 for a blazer.
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Currently, there are 1701 Active Users (403 Members and 1298 Guests)
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Disney Buys Lucasfilm For $4 Billion! STAR WARS EPISODE VII... 2 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris fw13 Western Shirt. Size 37 (XS) 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Seeking SFers in Bay Area, New York, Toronto, Montreal or Ottawa... 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015