That's what I'm doing, hehe.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- The Rubinacci Thread. Last post on 4/20/16 at 7:40am in Classic Menswear
- Style Question - Checked shirt w/ pinstripe suit Last post on 1/18/16 at 10:41am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 5/19/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 - Page 3post #31 of 468/11/11 at 2:09pmpost #32 of 468/11/11 at 3:06pmQuote:Quote:
I think the idea is that because the SC looks fairly old, it is likely to have lower armholes rather than higher ones. I would think it is a fair assumption even though that particular picture doesn't reveal the cut of the armholes. Are you sure you like the envelope pockets?post #33 of 468/11/11 at 3:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by aj_del
At the risk of getting castrated, I ask, how much worse do the lapels look than this ?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks OK to me. The only thing I don't like is the very steeply slanted pocket flaps. Would be better with open patch pockets, no flaps.post #34 of 468/11/11 at 7:59pmI think it looks like a standard USA made tweed coat from the mid or late 70s. The wide lapels and proportional pocket flaps mark it as a period product.
Woven leather buttons are fine with tweeds.
Workmanship may be fine. Hard to know more without seeing the label.
Again, without knowing the label, it's hard to say if price is high for ebay.
But if you want it, buy it.
Edited by mack11211 - 8/11/11 at 8:34pmpost #35 of 468/11/11 at 8:17pmpost #36 of 468/11/11 at 8:17pmThread Starterpost #37 of 468/11/11 at 8:19pmpost #38 of 468/11/11 at 8:21pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by teddierileyQuote:Quote:
I think the idea is that because the SC looks fairly old, it is likely to have lower armholes rather than higher ones. I would think it is a fair assumption even though that particular picture doesn't reveal the cut of the armholes. Are you sure you like the envelope pockets?
Ok, thanks for your reply.
I will yield to you and Parkers knowledge regarding armholes.
But is a small armhole a relatively new concept in RTW ?
I like the flapped patch pockets. I wanted to get the design as close to the classic BB sack SC which has 2 flapped patch pockets and a patch breast pocketpost #39 of 468/11/11 at 11:23pmpost #40 of 469/5/11 at 4:42amThread Starterpost #41 of 469/5/11 at 5:59ampost #42 of 469/5/11 at 6:27amThread Starterpost #43 of 469/5/11 at 6:31ampost #44 of 469/5/11 at 6:42amThread Starterpost #45 of 469/5/11 at 6:59amI've bought quite a few sportcoats on ebay lately. Some have been fantastic, some have been meh, and one was absolutely miserable.
I say your first step is to measure a well fitting jacket that you have and find a jacket that has similar measurements. Having to tailor an already overpriced sportcoat sucks.
I have found some really nice, high quality stuff for under $40.
(some of the softest camelhair I've felt)
Got beat up on the lapels, but I love it
I'd be cautious before dropping $125 for a blazer.
- Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Currently, there are 1316 Active Users (296 Members and 1020 Guests)
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Chippewa tan renegade versus Redwing featherstone chestnut 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you RIDE today? 5 minutes ago
- › 2 Pairs of Gustin Jeans 5 minutes ago
- › Everlane T-shirts 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding