or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My new spectators, opinions please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My new spectators, opinions please

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Hi guys, was browsing the bay last week for any unusual shoes, and came across these Bally bad boys icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Just had to get them as they were my size and never seen spectators of this style, they should arive in the next week or so, posted are the sellers pics.

I'd like your opinions on them, good or bad but keep the sarcasm to a minimum please satisfied.gif

500500500
post #2 of 15
don't care for them, but if you like them, groovy
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

don't care for them, but if you like them, groovy

+1 on the groovy part. They do seem kind of odd but hey that was the purpose of the whole purchase right? smile.gif
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Indeed, I've pretty much got the bases covered with my modest collection so I fancied something a bit different, something I can go out with and no one else will have anything even remotely similar. And if anyone does take the piss it'll be met with a swift "fuck you" smile.gif
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe fetishisisisist View Post

Indeed, I've pretty much got the bases covered with my modest collection so I fancied something a bit different, something I can go out with and no one else will have anything even remotely similar. And if anyone does take the piss it'll be met with a swift "fuck you" smile.gif

crackup[1].gif It is all about confidence smile.gif
post #6 of 15
I saw these as well, friend. They are actually a modern take on a vintage style (I believe 1940's - 1950's). Pretty cool, I think.
post #7 of 15
I believe someone here had a very similar pair bespoken.
post #8 of 15
Too much back and forth between the brown and white for my taste.
post #9 of 15
Those are genuinely hideous, but I can see a few people pulling them off and making them look awesome. About 1% of the iGent circle could pull them off...here's hoping you fit into that 1%cheers.gif
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post

Too much back and forth between the brown and white for my taste.

Agreed. It's nauseating and a bit contrived.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

Those are genuinely hideous, but I can see a few people pulling them off and making them look awesome. About 1% of the iGent circle could pull them off...here's hoping you fit into that 1%cheers.gif

Agreed also. It's difficult to pull of a pair like those. Almost as difficult as pulling of a pair of green patent leather dress shoes. Someone posted a pair about a year ago that looked awesome, but extemely difficult to pull off.
post #11 of 15
They are pretty cool.
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the honest replies guys, as expected they're either loved or loathed blush.gif I just think it's good to get something a bit off the wall every now and then.
post #13 of 15
They feel like this, I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing:
500
post #14 of 15
They are rather busy looking but the pants should cover enough. It would be nice of you to share some photos of these in action. I would like to see what you wear with them.
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
I shall do when I receive them, no problem.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My new spectators, opinions please