or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › New Forum Support  › Questions about the new Buying and Selling Classified questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Questions about the new Buying and Selling Classified questions - Page 19

post #271 of 313

After you pay for premium seller privileges, how long does it take for them to kick in?

post #272 of 313
Some forum rules in B&S seem to be enforced more strictly than others. One that seems to get a pass most often is this:
Quote:
7. Please do not list any payment terms that are against the terms of service for any other website, or do anything that would make us have to phone our lawyer (because we will take down the listing, and you may be banned or fined.) For example, please do not ask for “personal payments,” from Paypal.

Being that this rule is often blatantly ignored, is that even a rule anymore, or simply a suggestion? I, for one, would like to see it be enforced. As a buyer, I can't seem to understand why sellers can't just add 4% to the amount they want to sell an item for anyway.
post #273 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post

Some forum rules in B&S seem to be enforced more strictly than others. One that seems to get a pass most often is this:
Quote:
7. Please do not list any payment terms that are against the terms of service for any other website, or do anything that would make us have to phone our lawyer (because we will take down the listing, and you may be banned or fined.) For example, please do not ask for “personal payments,” from Paypal.

Being that this rule is often blatantly ignored, is that even a rule anymore, or simply a suggestion? I, for one, would like to see it be enforced. As a buyer, I can't seem to understand why sellers can't just add 4% to the amount they want to sell an item for anyway.

This does seem to get overlooked a bit, but at least what I do, is usually send them a PM letting them know they are breaking the B&S rules, along with the rule. If i see it again in a few days then I just flag it.

post #274 of 313

It probably sounds quite stupid, but i can't find the 'start a new thread' in Buying and Selling. 

I've just joined your website, and I wanted to post about something I'm looking for. 

Do I have to wait to be admitted somehow before I can post, or is it just me not being able to find it?

Boris.

post #275 of 313

im completely new. i dont understand how to create a post in the classifieds.  if im logged out i can clearly see the create new thread button, but when im logged in i cant find any button! please help :( 

post #276 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennicholes View Post

im completely new. i dont understand how to create a post in the classifieds.  if im logged out i can clearly see the create new thread button, but when im logged in i cant find any button! please help frown.gif 

From the B&S rules:
New members must wait 45 days in order to be able to post. This is to cut down on spam and to acclimatize sellers to Styleforum’s norms. You may bypass this requirement by buying into a premium seller option.
post #277 of 313
Hello I'm new to this forum. I'm curious about where or how to create a post regarding the legitimacy of an item I have. Thanks in advance
post #278 of 313
Unable to find how to delete posted classified. Says limit is 15.
post #279 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpworks View Post

Unable to find how to delete posted classified. Says limit is 15.

From the B&S rules:

5. Please do not delete any information, including images or selling price, at any time, including when you close your thread. Simply choose “close thread”. If you have a multi-item listing, please merely put a highly visible “SOLD” beside the sold item.
post #280 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreigen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpworks View Post

Unable to find how to delete posted classified. Says limit is 15.

From the B&S rules:

5. Please do not delete any information, including images or selling price, at any time, including when you close your thread. Simply choose “close thread”. If you have a multi-item listing, please merely put a highly visible “SOLD” beside the sold item.

 

Pretty sure he means "close" the listings vs delete it. Open up one of your adds and take a look at the photo below how to close the listing so you can post a new one. As mentioned though, dont remove the info, just close it as-is

 

1000

post #281 of 313
Hello, I'm thinking about selling some items on the B&S forum and wanted to know if there is a specific method of payment a seller must accept. Can I as a seller accept payment in any method of my choice, and would I specify said method in the ad's description?

Thanks
post #282 of 313

Hi all, 

Please forgive me if this topic has already been covered, but I have a simple issue of the B&S page not allowing me to view the classified ads by specific type i.e. suits and SC's or Shoes. I always get a respond of unable to execute, please try again or something to that effect, please let me know if anyone else has encountered this problem/ has a solution. 

 

cheers,

007wannabe 

post #283 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007wannabe View Post

Hi all, 
Please forgive me if this topic has already been covered, but I have a simple issue of the B&S page not allowing me to view the classified ads by specific type i.e. suits and SC's or Shoes. I always get a respond of unable to execute, please try again or something to that effect, please let me know if anyone else has encountered this problem/ has a solution. 

cheers,
007wannabe 

Yep, same here. Really annoying.
post #284 of 313
Are there no more buyer and seller feedback threads open or am I just not seeing them?
post #285 of 313

Will someone still sell an item if they closed a classified, but did not specify whether it was sold or not?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Forum Support
Styleforum › Forums › General › New Forum Support  › Questions about the new Buying and Selling Classified questions