or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › New Forum Support  › Questions about the new Buying and Selling Classified questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Questions about the new Buying and Selling Classified questions - Page 9

post #121 of 313
Stealth price increase for the 1 day bumper premium memberships???? The price on the first page does not match the price on the payment page.

price.jpg
Edited by jrd617 - 11/2/11 at 7:06pm
post #122 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Stealth price increase for the 2 day bumper premium memberships???? The price on the first page does not match the price on the payment page.
price.jpg

I have a question on this (below). Nobody answered. And it seems it was "fixed" quietly
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix View Post

Unsure if this has been asked: the "1-day bumper" and "I like to bump it a lot bumper" are the same in term of benefit, though one costs $2/2days while the other one costs $25/15days. Can one just buy 8 consecutive "1-day bumper" to have 16 day bumping ability for only $16? This doesn't seem to make much sense to me.
post #123 of 313

Are sunglasses "Men's Clothing Accessories" or "Other Classifieds"?

post #124 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix View Post

I have a question on this (below). Nobody answered. And it seems it was "fixed" quietly

The prices have already gone up once, so I'm hoping this is a typo...
post #125 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

The prices have already gone up once, so I'm hoping this is a typo...

The prices never went up. There was a mistake when we first re-did the pricing. Essentially, we wanted to make sure that people actually got to use their bump, so we made the 1 day bumper, into a 1day bumper x 2. Buying in bulk is supposed to be cheaper, for obvious reasons. Sorry for the initial confusion. And congrats to those who got a bargain!
post #126 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post

Sorry if this has been asked before, but WTF is this?
Quote:
Today at 2:19 pm
"ok thanks, I'll take it."
Followed by:
Quote:
"One sec, will you do interac e-transfer from my bank account? I haven't used paypal in forever and can't remember my password or email i used then."
I offered to hold the item for a day until he gets his affairs in order with PayPal. Anyone know if this payment method is legit?

Yeah, it's just a direct transfer from his bank account to yours. A kind seller let me use this, recently, as I use my SO's PayPal and she's out of town. I imagine it's actually less risky than PP.
post #127 of 313
Seems very convenient but I am suspicious, do you know how disputes are handled? Can a buyer make a claim against a seller or reverse the payment? Guess some research is in order.
post #128 of 313

Just wondering, any luck on this one? Still having problems and all my Megathreads are in limbo.... I'm assuming I'm not the only one?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Got a new message today "Classified body must not be greater than 100000 characters, including any markup!" Anyway we can bump this up for Megathreads as we are now required to keep all sold items in the listing which takes up a lot of characters. Thanks

 

Just tried to add some things to my shirt Megathread and got the same message. It appears that this is something new as I have WAY over 100,000 characters, close to 300,000 and this has never been an issue before.



 

 

post #129 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

Are sunglasses "Men's Clothing Accessories" or "Other Classifieds"?

Other seems the most popular spot at the moment but, with the current setup, you could put it in any of the three.
post #130 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Just wondering, any luck on this one? Still having problems and all my Megathreads are in limbo.... I'm assuming I'm not the only one?

I had a promise that this would be fixed... So, I just called them on this.
post #131 of 313
It seems as though members are starting to post multiple different categories in a single thread like the megathreads before the relaunch. Is this legal again? I would LOVE it if it was.
post #132 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post

It seems as though members are starting to post multiple different categories in a single thread like the megathreads before the relaunch. Is this legal again? I would LOVE it if it was.

No, it's not, and if I see this, I'll delete the posts. The rules are pretty simple and easy to follow. It's not fair to other sellers that some sellers decide to follow their own rules.
post #133 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Just wondering, any luck on this one? Still having problems and all my Megathreads are in limbo.... I'm assuming I'm not the only one?

This will be fixed in the release we will see tomorrow!
post #134 of 313
Quote:

Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Just wondering, any luck on this one? Still having problems and all my Megathreads are in limbo.... I'm assuming I'm not the only one?
This will be fixed in the release we will see tomorrow!

 

Just to let you know the problem is somewhat resolved, but not 100%. I can go into "edit this post" at the bottom of the post and open it up to edit it. That does let me edit the body of the thread, but not the title or the picture (which I like to change to spice up the listings). when you go into "edit details" at the top, and then try to edit the post it still gives you the error message in regards to the 100,000 characters.

 

Thanks for the help with this, I do understand that there are only a handful of people who would find this to be  troublesome with very large posts I just happen to be one of them.
 

post #135 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post


Just to let you know the problem is somewhat resolved, but not 100%. I can go into "edit this post" at the bottom of the post and open it up to edit it. That does let me edit the body of the thread, but not the title or the picture (which I like to change to spice up the listings). when you go into "edit details" at the top, and then try to edit the post it still gives you the error message in regards to the 100,000 characters.

Thanks for the help with this, I do understand that there are only a handful of people who would find this to be  troublesome with very large posts I just happen to be one of them.

 

"Very large" is an understatement, but we will get this resolved.

Cheers,

Fok.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Forum Support
Styleforum › Forums › General › New Forum Support  › Questions about the new Buying and Selling Classified questions