or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here - Page 48

post #706 of 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

Or better yet, is it possible to order an item that is priced much more favorably in euros than in dollars? I just looked at some items in Euro pricing, and unless my google currency calculator is way off, the euro-denominated prices are much much better.
As an example, the Il Gergo shoes are all priced at $344 which I calculate as being around 270 EUR. But if you look at the same shoes with your shipping set to Italy, they're priced at 230 EUR ($292). Now the really odd thing is if you go to Il Gergo's website, the same shoe is priced at 210 EUR!
http://www.gergo.it
Thoughts?

The real question is: Who would want that (gergo) crap at any price? Paying 200 EUR for them is borderline criminal.
As for buying in EU shipping to US; that is what Styleforum is for . Find a proxy and offer the same in return.
post #707 of 2331
I just got an email giving a preview of the next season.

It included a 10% discount code which apparently works for all purchases until 18th November.

Code: PREVIEW
post #708 of 2331
Anyone who likes Zegna ties will like the preview. Not that they're well priced or anything...
post #709 of 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston View Post

I just got an email giving a preview of the next season.
It included a 10% discount code which apparently works for all purchases until 18th November.
Code: PREVIEW

Code does not work on sample sale. The preview is not too bad. Ordered 2 pairs of shoes and wool Incotex trous.
Interesting that in the preview summer Common Projects Achilles sneakers are at 185 euro, current collection at 246 euros.
post #710 of 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by clausc View Post

Code does not work on sample sale. The preview is not too bad. Ordered 2 pairs of shoes and wool Incotex trous.
Interesting that in the preview summer Common Projects Achilles sneakers are at 185 euro, current collection at 246 euros.

To be honest I pay little attention to the sample sales.

The Incotex prices seem good on the whole.
post #711 of 2331

can someone provide a link to the preview sale. 

post #712 of 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston View Post

To be honest I pay little attention to the sample sales.
The Incotex prices seem good on the whole.

Still hoping for a Caruso suit my size to return in the sample sale (last season'). Bought two Caruso blazers and a cotton suit and love them!
post #713 of 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockwellDay View Post

can someone provide a link to the preview sale. 

 

Seconded

post #714 of 2331
I can't process order with yoox. tried last night - once I click proceed with your order it comes with an error. And my promo box disappeared since last night. wtf!
I tried again this morning same thing !
post #715 of 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

I can't process order with yoox. tried last night - once I click proceed with your order it comes with an error. And my promo box disappeared since last night. wtf!
I tried again this morning same thing !

 

use a different browser

post #716 of 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

Seconded

Third
post #717 of 2331
Damn sales tax, $57 on top of the whole order.
post #718 of 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post


The real question is: Who would want that (gergo) crap at any price? Paying 200 EUR for them is borderline criminal.
As for buying in EU shipping to US; that is what Styleforum is for . Find a proxy and offer the same in return.

I don't know your tastes or your buying opportunities, and I have not seen these shoes in person

But from where I stand paying 200 euros for what I see in the pics , are Goodyear welted shoes  and made in italy is not anywhere close to borderline criminal

 

I am curious as to why you are so adamant about it being such a bad deal. Do you care to elaborate?

post #719 of 2331
Quote:
I am curious as to why you are so adamant about it being such a bad deal. Do you care to elaborate?

I was a little surprised too by how forcefully he voiced the opinion.

There's a fair amount of chatter on Italian message boards about the quality and value of Il Gergo (which apparently translates as "the jargon"). There was a rumor that they were manufacturing for Church's, but the consensus seems to be that they just produce very similar styles and that the quality is good.

Here's an Italian message board discussing the brand and comparing it to other shoes (you may have to run it through Google translate):

http://orologi.forumfree.it/?t=37649632

"io, le gergo, le compro on line da circa un paio d'anni, ne ho diverse e tutte di ottima fattura.
consigliatissimo."
post #720 of 2331
Yes, I know Il Gergo and I have also aswered to that thread.
I confirm that they are famous in Italy because there is a legend that they produced Church's shoes but clearly isn't true, they simply replicate their models.
They made good shoes at decent price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here