Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by SYSTEM, 8/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- Borrelli, Barba, Attolini, Burberry, Acquascutum ties Last post on Yesterday at 5:35 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Insane Worldwide Pursuit for a DIESEL 30th Anniversary Belt Last post on Yesterday at 4:35 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 2x Panta x Massdrop Ties 3.5" x 58" (1 Navy, 1 Green) Last post on Yesterday at 3:16 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Robert Geller Julius Leather Belt Size 80 Last post on Yesterday at 11:28 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- D18 Last post on Yesterday at 8:05 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
For Sale: Zissou's Handmade Leather Belts - Page 2post #16 of 443/10/12 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #17 of 443/10/12 at 1:32pmpost #18 of 443/28/12 at 5:00pmpost #19 of 445/7/12 at 6:44pmpost #20 of 445/7/12 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #21 of 446/7/12 at 10:28ampost #22 of 446/23/12 at 4:10pm
Zissou just made me an oxblood belt which is dark enough for me, but out of curiosity what is the process by which you darkened it further? You simply bought brown leather dye and applied a light coat?post #23 of 446/23/12 at 4:29pmpost #24 of 446/26/12 at 2:18pmQuote:
That's correct. And, it turned out great (it was fine before, I just wanted a bit darker.)post #25 of 447/1/12 at 11:36amThread StarterThanks for the photos, guys. I am glad you are enjoying your belts so much.
I've decided to adjust the oxblood dye mix a little darker. From now on, it will be as dark as mrdashington's belt above, which matches RW's black cherry, and #8 shell fairly well. It's hard to match #8 exactly, because shell accepts dye much differently than cowhide.post #26 of 447/17/12 at 8:55pmpost #27 of 447/31/12 at 4:29pmpost #28 of 447/31/12 at 7:57pmThread Starter^everything is in the first post above, or in the other threads in my signature...Quote:Originally Posted by langdon
So does that mean that it would be a hassle for you to make future oxblood belts a shade or two lighter than what you've now decided is the mrdashington default?
Also did you stop using the dual prong buckle shown HERE?
If you really want the lighter oxblood, I can do that. That dual prong buckle was for the ConexRoy jeans contest belt. I can order more, but they are something like $35 each for just the buckle.post #29 of 447/31/12 at 8:04pmQuote:So how much for a full belt with that buckle?Originally Posted by zissou
^everything is in the first post above, or in the other threads in my signature...
If you really want the lighter oxblood, I can do that. That dual prong buckle was for the ConexRoy jeans contest belt. I can order more, but they are something like $35 each for just the buckle.
- Zissou's Handmade Leather Belts
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Bernie Sanders, trad icon? 3 minutes ago
- › Need Help with Balmain Biker Jeans 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford SKYFALL wool navy over coat | size 40 6 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...