or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NHL 2011-2012 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NHL 2011-2012 Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 1719
^^

And the Sabres.
post #17 of 1719
Just got my Jets hat today. I would've gotten a Flames one, but black/red don't really do anything for me, whereas blue is def my colour.. ha. Bandwagoning this shit into the ground, for real.

Sabres could be pretty decent this year. Enjoy Regehr - I'm still fucking pissed we gave him up just so you guys could take Kotalik off our hands. Regehr is a fucken bruiser - him and Ehrhoff are awesome additions to your blueline. Have fun with Kotalik though, god damn, what a useless piece of crap. At least his contract is done after this year. If Leino keeps on improving and Miller returns to his Olympic form, they could do better than a first-round exit.

Flyers though... yikes. I don't know if sacrificing Richards and Carter to the altar of Russian goaltending was a great idea... then again, if Schenn turns into a superhero like everyone says then this will be a good go. Kings are going to kick ass this season. Quick/Bernier are one of the best goalie duos in the league and Richards/Kopitar will own. Pretty underrated team imo, especially when you have guys like Stoll filling in the cracks. Funny story: saw Drew Doughty cross-eyed drunk at a bar downtown the other night; dude was hitting on some pretty funky looking chicks. Dude can do much better...
post #18 of 1719
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

saw Drew Doughty cross-eyed drunk at a bar downtown the other night; dude was hitting on some pretty funky looking chicks. Dude can do much better...

Better than hitting some police officer who's telling you to turn down your music...baldy[1].gif
post #19 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Sabres could be pretty decent this year. Enjoy Regehr - I'm still fucking pissed we gave him up just so you guys could take Kotalik off our hands. Regehr is a fucken bruiser - him and Ehrhoff are awesome additions to your blueline. Have fun with Kotalik though, god damn, what a useless piece of crap. At least his contract is done after this year. If Leino keeps on improving and Miller returns to his Olympic form, they could do better than a first-round exit.
I agree on Kotalik, but it's just part of the sacrifice. He was developed as a Sabre and had a number of good seasons in Buffalo, so hopefully he can rekindle enough to contribute even a little. Ruff knows his strengths and how to get the best out of him. In the end, happy to take him in order to get Regehr. And with Ehrhoff and a good-form Miller, the back end can be really solid.
post #20 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Sabres could be pretty decent this year. Enjoy Regehr - I'm still fucking pissed we gave him up just so you guys could take Kotalik off our hands. Regehr is a fucken bruiser - him and Ehrhoff are awesome additions to your blueline. Have fun with Kotalik though, god damn, what a useless piece of crap. At least his contract is done after this year. If Leino keeps on improving and Miller returns to his Olympic form, they could do better than a first-round exit.
I agree on Kotalik, but it's just part of the sacrifice. He was developed as a Sabre and had a number of good seasons in Buffalo, so hopefully he can rekindle enough to contribute even a little. Ruff knows his strengths and how to get the best out of him. In the end, happy to take him in order to get Regehr. And with Ehrhoff and a good-form Miller, the back end can be really solid.

+1 People forget that Kotalik was actually half-way decent his first few years in Buffalo.
post #21 of 1719
I think there was a little bit of journalistic liscense used to imply that drawing on a poster of Milan Lucic is the reason his day with the Cups is ruined, but if his family home being robbed is true, then I can see not feeling welcome in Vancouver. Shame the Canucks fan base is building a reputation as sore losers based on the actions of a few, but those few are doing a really good job.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Did-Vancouver-fans-discourage-Milan-Lucic-8217-?urn=nhl-wp10466
post #22 of 1719
Thread Starter 
Thats disgusting. Jeez, people talk about Phoenix, Atlanta and Nashville of being undeserving of the NHL, how bout Vancouver?
post #23 of 1719
^Spectacularly stupid comment.

Sorry, people are outraged over a poster being defaced? Awwwww muffin. That's fucking pathetic.
post #24 of 1719
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post

^Spectacularly stupid comment.

Sorry, people are outraged over a poster being defaced? Awwwww muffin. That's fucking pathetic.

Really? When you combine that with the fact that both time the city's club lost, the city BURNED, it doesn't seem so stupid. When you combine that with the fact that the guy who had the Cup for the day decided not to share it in a community event for fear of something happening, again, not so stupid. And I don't care if its yokels from outside the city, if the city is that poorly equipped to deal with "a few yokels" then its not a world class first rate city. I only wish the US would have beaten Team Canada in the Gold Medal Game, then it would have been 3 for 3 in terms of losses followed by riots.
post #25 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bananagrabber View Post

I think there was a little bit of journalistic liscense used to imply that drawing on a poster of Milan Lucic is the reason his day with the Cups is ruined, but if his family home being robbed is true, then I can see not feeling welcome in Vancouver. Shame the Canucks fan base is building a reputation as sore losers based on the actions of a few, but those few are doing a really good job.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Did-Vancouver-fans-discourage-Milan-Lucic-8217-?urn=nhl-wp10466

First off, Vancouver's fans have confirmed their reputation as some of the worst in all of sports over the past year. Just poor behavior on all fronts and it doesn't surprise me that many of them aren't able to let the Stanley Cup loss go. I wouldn't be surprised at all if most (or all) of these allegations are true.

That said, in listening to some Lucic interviews before he won the Cup, it really did seem like he thought he would be welcomed back in Vancouver like a prodigal son, which is sort of preposterous seeing as how he just deprived them of a Cup. Sure, he won a Memorial Cup with the Giants but frankly most people in Vancouver don't give a shit about that. I think he and his family need to start being realistic about this and put two and two together: He plays for the Bruins, who just beat Vancouver in the SCF. so Vancouverites probably don't want to see me parade the Cup around.

Also, Puck Daddy is an idiot. Do you really think Toronto or Ottawa or Quebec City would have received the Cup as well if THEY had been the ones to lose the SCF in 7 games? Helloooooo???
post #26 of 1719
Ah well, Canadians riot when they lose hockey games. That being said, sports riots in general are nothing new and a minority of opportunistic assholes made a bad name for an otherwise nice province and city.

Vancouver is like the spoiled only child with an entitlement complex who throws a fit when it doesn't get what it wants. Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary are the stoner drop-outs who had brief flashes of brilliance. Toronto takes the short bus, and the Habs are like the uncle from Napoleon Dynamite who videotapes himself throwing footballs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post


Better than hitting some police officer who's telling you to turn down your music...baldy[1].gif

Ha, seriously. Wouldn't be surprised to see this season go down the shitter and see him fade into obscurity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington View Post


First off, Vancouver's fans have confirmed their reputation as some of the worst in all of sports over the past year. Just poor behavior on all fronts and it doesn't surprise me that many of them aren't able to let the Stanley Cup loss go.

This, oh my god. Vancouver is "that team" to everyone east of BC simply based on their fans. I dont mind the team at all, but god damn, whenever a Canuck fan opens their mouth to start blowing Kesler or the Sedins while simultaneously ignoring the fact that their team is THE fourty-year failure with an unmatched capacity for shitting the bed... sigh. Add that to a rash of bandwagoners and you have the worst fanbase in Canadian hockey. At least Toronto fans are harmlessly delusional based on how bad they suck - Vancouver's impressive regular season and playoffs minus SCF has bolstered the assholery tenfold.
post #27 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Thats disgusting. Jeez, people talk about Phoenix, Atlanta and Nashville of being undeserving of the NHL, how bout Vancouver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post

^Spectacularly stupid comment.

Sorry, people are outraged over a poster being defaced? Awwwww muffin. That's fucking pathetic.

+1

facepalm.gif
post #28 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-H View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Thats disgusting. Jeez, people talk about Phoenix, Atlanta and Nashville of being undeserving of the NHL, how bout Vancouver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post

^Spectacularly stupid comment.

Sorry, people are outraged over a poster being defaced? Awwwww muffin. That's fucking pathetic.

+1

facepalm.gif

The point of the article wasn't that people were upset that the Vancouver fans were pisses/disappointed--that's understandable and to be expected. The article was just trying to give a possible reason for Lucic's reluctance to bring the cup home to his city, something that he clearly wanted to do. If you spent your life working toward winning something, would you let your celebration day continue with any chance of going wrong (no matter how small that chance was?).

I know I'd be reluctant to go ahead with celebration plans if I thought there was the chance that someone would disrespect the Cup or my family...
post #29 of 1719
Of course people would talk smack to him. Are you joking? He just beat us in a 7 game SCF. Most people wouldn't, and a bunch of people would cheer him, but there would definitely give him crap. Expecting anything different is just absurd, regardless of the city.
post #30 of 1719
Hannan for one year, one mil is good for the Flames. Too bad we let one of the greatest players in the game play with third-rate setup men through the prime of his career.

ffffuuuu.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NHL 2011-2012 Thread