or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NHL 2011-2012 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NHL 2011-2012 Thread - Page 90

post #1336 of 1719
KINGS!!!!
post #1337 of 1719
nice, im sad about the canucks but quick is a freak and they deserved the win.
post #1338 of 1719
I'm very interested to see what happens with Luongo. He really could use a fresh start.
post #1339 of 1719
averaging more than 1.6 goals a game in the first round of the playoffs strikes me as a more important need.
post #1340 of 1719
I don't respect / can't stand the Penguins anymore. I'm so glad they're gone. As others have said, there are so many other better players in the league who could represent it. Cuck Frosby.
post #1341 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

averaging more than 1.6 goals a game in the first round of the playoffs strikes me as a more important need.
Meh. They lost four out of five coin-tosses. They need a shut-down defenseman who can play the right side. Tough to find. Even Scuderi, Mitchell, Gill, Suter... all left shots.

And yes, the Hodgson trade looks even worse now.

But as for teams still in it. I believe the Rangers can come from behind. I would like to see the Capitals win.
post #1342 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post

Meh. They lost four out of five coin-tosses. They need a shut-down defenseman who can play the right side. Tough to find. Even Scuderi, Mitchell, Gill, Suter... all left shots.
And yes, the Hodgson trade looks even worse now.
But as for teams still in it. I believe the Rangers can come from behind. I would like to see the Capitals win.

i think alfredsson returns in beast mode and finishes the series tonight. i really hope the caps win, too
post #1343 of 1719
Every time I look at the Sharks I fear the Caps will end up on the same road. Lots of promise and expectations, only to fail in the playoffs, and rather than making meaningful changes they just go again next year hoping for different results. Halfway through this year I was hoping the Caps let go of Semin and even Green if he couldn't stay healthy, but Semin has played well against Boston. Actually playing good defense and hustling with a lot less bonehead turnovers and penalties.

Also, as much as I dislike the Flyers, gotta say I like watching Giroux play. Big open ice hit on Crosby to start the game and then score 30 seconds later. That's good stuff. Caps need that from Ovie on Wednesday.
post #1344 of 1719
Thread Starter 
I don't care about tonight. But if they win I'll be pumped for game 7, I'm expecting a let down, especially after the performance Saturday night. Team is ripe for a shakeup if we go out though...Girardi to Vancouver for Malholtra and an established scoring fwd or maybe Ryan Kesler? Fingers crossed though.
d0915203.jpg
1aaef9f9.jpg
76676f04.jpg
3095053e.jpg
post #1345 of 1719
Sorry man but Girardi simply isn't worth Kesler... and Gillis kind of committed himself to Kesler when he traded Hodgson.
post #1346 of 1719
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post

Sorry man but Girardi simply isn't worth Kesler... and Gillis kind of committed himself to Kesler when he traded Hodgson.

I don't know man, solid d-men will always get more in return than they are worth. Having said that, it was just a "fantasy" type trade that could make sense for both teams. I think the Rangers need a big shake up, and trading a good, popular player (much like the Flyers did) would do that.
post #1347 of 1719
Thread Starter 
I HATE how this game is being called. I know I'm seeing through tinted glasses, but in a game like this, seeing how and what the refs are calling, guys on EITHER team will have no idea what they can and can't do, and its gonna cost one team come the third period...I just know it.
post #1348 of 1719
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

I HATE how this game is being called. I know I'm seeing through tinted glasses, but in a game like this, seeing how and what the refs are calling, guys on EITHER team will have no idea what they can and can't do, and its gonna cost one team come the third period...I just know it.

And I think it just cost Ottawa. Crap call on both the hook AND the goalie interference, though I'd argue Foglino had one coming for an aggregate of goalie offenses plus the Hreider GI call wasn't a strong one.
post #1349 of 1719
Thread Starter 
KREIDS!!!!!
post #1350 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

I HATE how this game is being called. I know I'm seeing through tinted glasses, but in a game like this, seeing how and what the refs are calling, guys on EITHER team will have no idea what they can and can't do, and its gonna cost one team come the third period...I just know it.

+1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NHL 2011-2012 Thread