Related Forum Threads
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Paul Stuart Stuart's Choice- Special Cobbler? Last post on 11/28/12 at 10:52am in Classic Menswear
- Shoemaker for this Paul Stuart pair of shoes? Last post on 7/24/12 at 11:36am in Classic Menswear
- Stuart's Choice-Grenson Masterpiece 11.5D NIB Last post on 8/16/11 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Grenson Handgrade? - Page 5
post #61 of 66
10/4/11 at 10:38pm
post #62 of 66
10/5/11 at 12:58am
post #63 of 66
10/5/11 at 2:13am
alright. i got you.
i think it's more 2000 GBP + a few quid for trees and schnick schnack, anyway.
also the eyetalians may be a bit cheaper, from what i recall.
there's also the maftei connection via prof. hansen at the wellesley college.
post #64 of 66
10/5/11 at 5:38am
Where are you? The main thing is that you have to give people you've never heard of a chance.
And in the end you won't be able to walk around and draw everyone's attention to yourself (no disrespect intended) and your feet by announcing the brand name. No one will drool or particularly admire you if you mention that you're wearing a pair of Frommer's, for instance.
But most obscure shoemakers who are either just getting started or do not live in high traffic areas are probably charging less than $2000.00 a pair for fully bespoke work. That doesn't mean that they are not doing good...even fabulous...work, it just means that they are not paying $20,000.00 a month for a shop on the plaza in downtown Santa Fe or renting on St. James Street in London..
With shoes...bespoke or RTW...I suspect that a good third of what you are paying for is cachet--blue sky, brandname recognition. In some cases, especially RTW, that figure could be substantially more.
Edited by DWFII - 10/5/11 at 8:08am
post #65 of 66
10/5/11 at 8:09am
Currently, there are 889 Active Users (111 Members and 778 Guests)
- › Which colour do you think looks best? 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › Are there rules for wearing a colour t-shirt under a dress shirt? 16 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 23 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 35 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 43 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 47 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 56 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding