Related Forum Threads
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Paul Stuart Stuart's Choice- Special Cobbler? Last post on 11/28/12 at 10:52am in Classic Menswear
- Shoemaker for this Paul Stuart pair of shoes? Last post on 7/24/12 at 11:36am in Classic Menswear
- Stuart's Choice-Grenson Masterpiece 11.5D NIB Last post on 8/16/11 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Grenson Handgrade? - Page 5
post #61 of 66
10/4/11 at 10:38pm
post #62 of 66
10/5/11 at 12:58am
post #63 of 66
10/5/11 at 2:13am
alright. i got you.
i think it's more 2000 GBP + a few quid for trees and schnick schnack, anyway.
also the eyetalians may be a bit cheaper, from what i recall.
there's also the maftei connection via prof. hansen at the wellesley college.
post #64 of 66
10/5/11 at 5:38am
Where are you? The main thing is that you have to give people you've never heard of a chance.
And in the end you won't be able to walk around and draw everyone's attention to yourself (no disrespect intended) and your feet by announcing the brand name. No one will drool or particularly admire you if you mention that you're wearing a pair of Frommer's, for instance.
But most obscure shoemakers who are either just getting started or do not live in high traffic areas are probably charging less than $2000.00 a pair for fully bespoke work. That doesn't mean that they are not doing good...even fabulous...work, it just means that they are not paying $20,000.00 a month for a shop on the plaza in downtown Santa Fe or renting on St. James Street in London..
With shoes...bespoke or RTW...I suspect that a good third of what you are paying for is cachet--blue sky, brandname recognition. In some cases, especially RTW, that figure could be substantially more.
Edited by DWFII - 10/5/11 at 8:08am
post #65 of 66
10/5/11 at 8:09am
Currently, there are 1452 Active Users (322 Members and 1130 Guests)
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 16 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 48 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 54 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding