or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What happened to kitonbrioni?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What happened to kitonbrioni? - Page 13

post #181 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Has anyone else messaged through the blogspot? I sent a message the other day and have not had a response yet.

I also did, and no response either. That strengthens our suspicion too frown.gif
post #182 of 233
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix View Post

I also did, and no response either. That strengthens our suspicion too frown.gif

She has to log in to post the photos though, if it is her, no?
post #183 of 233

Why don't you guys just leave this family alone to grieve? 

 

lefty

post #184 of 233
well we'd like to know the truth because he's been a staple of the community for so long. if KB passed away i'm sure some of us want to send the family well wishes (? not even sure of the correct term)
post #185 of 233
lefty,

I think many people here actually admired the man greatly and only want to honor his memory. I would think the family would be comforted to know that their loved one was thought of fondly by his internet followers.
post #186 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

what other evidence? his blog says he's on sabbatical
dad could be KB's father, KB's father in law, or KB.


We know he was sick, and didn't post for six months.

 

-VF

post #187 of 233
I posted a message in the blog yesterday too, with no response back. frown.gif
post #188 of 233
I did so greatly admire Kitonbrioni. We have lost a living link with the golden age of luxury. He was a man of truly impeccable taste. The coats, belts, shoes, and indeed the furnishings he had simply cannot be procured today, with the stupid CITES regulations and other bureaucratic hullabaloo that do such ill as to discourage trade between nations which we all know is the true road to universal prosperity. As Kitonbrioni would have said, prosperity shared is not prosperity divided.

To honour Kitonbrioni's memory in my own personal way, I got dibs on his 8' X 8' mahogany closet. I cannot see a more fitting way to honour how he has touched my life. I would go so far as to say Kitonbrioni would have wanted it that way, for his greatest admirer to have it. There is another cedar closet, which I also want to honour his memory. I will post a full catalogue of those relics of his life which have touched me the most (dibs also on the Seraphim shearlings, all Brioni exotic leather footewear, Cartier crocodile belts, Patek 18k watch(es), Brioni leather-reversible to cashmere overcoat, elephant-hide boots) but right now I show my respect for Kitonbrioni by going through his blog archives and celebrating his life on the blogosphere.

I close with these words to reflect on, from Pope St. Clement the first:
"Charity unites us to God...There is nothing mean in charity, nothing arrogant. Charity knows no schism, does not rebel, does all things in concord. In charity all the elect of God have been made perfect."
post #189 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Why don't you guys just leave this family alone to grieve? 

lefty

+1
post #190 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Why don't you guys just leave this family alone to grieve? 

lefty
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

+1

Now, it would be inappropriate to reach out to the family for any reasons other than sharing condolences. However, showing condolences is always encouraged. So I disagree with you.
post #191 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix View Post

Now, it would be inappropriate to reach out to the family for any reasons other than sharing condolences. However, showing condolences is always encouraged. So I disagree with you.

I agree. And it's always good to do more than simply offer lipservice in the form of condolescence....'tis always better to offer any service that one can to the family, in their time of loss. Any service one can offer, however humble.
post #192 of 233
If I am not sure that somebody died I just check Conne's death thread. Is he in there?
post #193 of 233
I have to agree with lefty. Let's give the family some privacy. Whether it was KB or KB or his wife's father, someone has died, and the last thing they probably want to do is clarify who died for a bunch of guys on a men's fashion message board..
post #194 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Why don't you guys just leave this family alone to grieve? 

lefty

If it was my father who dies, and he had been a prominent member of an online community, I would appreciate condolences and appreciation from them - it is an insight into the deceased's life outside of what was immediately visible. Simpy, it would add another dimension to understanding that person's life and persona.
post #195 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungapa View Post

If it was my father who dies, and he had been a prominent member of an online community, I would appreciate condolences and appreciation from them - it is an insight into the deceased's life outside of what was immediately visible. Simpy, it would add another dimension to understanding that person's life and persona.

Yes, perhaps scrolling through some of KB's posts, they can cherish the snarky replies from the no0bs who didn't get him..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What happened to kitonbrioni?