or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What happened to kitonbrioni?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What happened to kitonbrioni? - Page 2

post #16 of 233
Victor has taken over kitonbrioni's closet. Maybe Victor is kitonbrioni and is now posting?
post #17 of 233
It doesn't seems like, compared what i've seen on his blog.
Edited by Achillus - 7/29/11 at 6:49pm
post #18 of 233
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

Spoo, why do you miss him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

Good question. Well, Spoo? lurker[1].gif

Well, I heard through the grapevine that he was ill, and for someone with consistency for 5+ years to do something every day (not to mention text post their fits on 6 different forums) to suddenly stop - its a bit unusual. So I hope he is OK, thats all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post


I don't think its either, I just think he's cool with who he is (unlike most of us, myself included). I hope he is ok. Its a hobby guys, not all of us will have the same tastes or styles, he was cool with his, and my hats off to him.

Well put and its really a shame that 98% of people here dont quite get this. (there are 100,000 members.....)
post #19 of 233
He's probably gone on a world cruise or something. If he's been posting to that blog for 5 years without break, perhaps he needs a holiday, on the other hand maybe he just got tired of it.
Edited by MikeDT - 7/29/11 at 7:02pm
post #20 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

Did he ever contribute to a conversation?

Yes he did actually. Don't know about SF, but quite a few time he's contributed to conversation on AAAC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

All I ever saw from that guy was a daily list of stupid brand names -- no photos. For all I knew he made up all his possessions, though his HermesMan-like resilience (obliviousness?) suggested otherwise, and now finally I see that there were photos (on his blog) all along. But then, looking at that link and seeing hideous Rock & Republic jeans among the first ugly ensemble of over-priced designer items, I've suddenly lost interest.

KitonBrioni sure loves his Gucci wink.gif
post #21 of 233
Maybe he just got plain old tired of posting. 5 years is a long run and my compliments to him and all on WAYWRN for the time and effort it takes to take photos, post them and respond to criticism.
post #22 of 233
He seemed like a nice guy.. If you asked him any questions, he always replied. I loved his collection of winter outerwear. He had some awesome jackets and topcoats.

Anyone remember the article about him and his 500+ pairs of shoes? I think it was 3 or 4 years ago in the NYT or WSJ?
Edited by mr monty - 7/29/11 at 8:00pm
post #23 of 233
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

Anyone remember the article about him and his over 500 pairs of shoes? I think in was 3 or 4 years ago in the NYT or WSJ?

No kidding - would love a link if you can find it. I didnt know that.
post #24 of 233
...
Edited by ChetB - 11/19/11 at 10:53pm
post #25 of 233
Blog says he's on "Sabbatical"
post #26 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

Maybe he just got plain old tired of posting. 5 years is a long run and my compliments to him and all on WAYWRN for the time and effort it takes to take photos, post them and respond to criticism.

And how! I appreciate it for certain. worship.gif
post #27 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post




Well, I heard through the grapevine that he was ill, and for someone with consistency for 5+ years to do something every day (not to mention text post their fits on 6 different forums) to suddenly stop - its a bit unusual. So I hope he is OK, thats all.

Spoo - I also read on another forum that he was not well. Cannot verify that it is true or not. But since he had been so consistent for so long it is certainly something to consider.

Being new around here I just 'digested' a huge part of his blog this evening. There's a lot more to him than his style would indicate! Very interesting fellow indeed.
post #28 of 233
He's an academic, I understand. Did some work on clothing and fashion. Seriously. I think he used
to contribute to the conversation here, way before my time. You find posts of his with words in them, every so
often, when you are searching around.

I heard something similar to Spoo, about an illness and associated weight loss, thus the wrong size of clothes for body.
post #29 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post


Spoo - I also read on another forum that he was not well. Cannot verify that it is true or not. But since he had been so consistent for so long it is certainly something to consider.

Being new around here I just 'digested' a huge part of his blog this evening. There's a lot more to him than his style would indicate! Very interesting fellow indeed.

If he is ill, I hope he gets better soon.

KitonBrioni's WhatAreYouWearingToday blog is something special. Almost everyday for five years, diligently photographing and documenting everything that he wears, and answering questions and comments about it. I've even had some of my students looking at it, when they can get around the GFW censoring of Blogger.
post #30 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_timothy View Post

He's like part of the landscape at SF. A potted plant, in the corner. Missed when not present.

Now here's a great way to put it. With his capital, having the whole wardrobe nipped and tailored for better fit would have improved his style greatly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What happened to kitonbrioni?