or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What happened to kitonbrioni?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What happened to kitonbrioni? - Page 8

post #106 of 233
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

You are an insensitive prick, eat it.

smile.gif
post #107 of 233
On a serious note, I also think that it is KitonBrioni who passed away. RIP. Incidentally, I thought of his wardrobe and Spoo at the same time.
post #108 of 233
scrooge111.jpg
post #109 of 233
awww confused.gif

goodbye KB.
post #110 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

Perhaps it might be better for the endangered species of this world, especially alligators. There wasn't many days when KitonBrioni didn't have at least one item made from alligator, whether it was watch straps, shoes, belts.

I guess you need a fauna update. The American Alligator is not an Endangered Species.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_alligator
post #111 of 233

rest in peacemusicboohoo[1].gif

post #112 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

The follow-up with the flag and the bullets though?

I he were entitled to a Military Funeral, and it appears that he was, the Casket Flag and the
shell casings from the rifle salute are given to the familiy, I believe.
post #113 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

^ This.
Ive messaged the contact on his blogspot offering my condolences and asked to clarify who it was. My guess is the female in the pics is his daughter, and she was the one who actually did the uploading and forum posts for him.
I hate to be forward at a time like this, as I really genuinely feel bad - as KB was a forum staple when I first started posting and as you can see I started this thread a long time ago wondering about him.... but I am DYING to know what is going to happen to his wardrobe. I would do anything to have the chance to sell it...

On the one hand, the part about selling it is a bit insensitive. It comes off as crass.

On the other hand, his wardrobe was obviously something KitonBrioni loved and cared deeply for - his blog and participation at SF is evidence enough of this, and obviously his children understand that enough to make a post about the funeral on the blog. It is - in a matter of speaking - a defining aspect of his public internet life. It is him, and it is his legacy. That is not to diminish any other accomplishments of this man - however, other aspects of his life he did not choose to share publicly on the forum. Of course the members of the forum are going to have an interest in what happens to such an epic wardrobe. That interest is not an expression of greed or want, but an expression and interest of understanding the legacy of a specific aspect of that man's life, the specific aspect that we have interfaced with.
post #114 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungapa View Post

On the one hand, the part about selling it is a bit insensitive. It comes off as crass.
On the other hand, his wardrobe was obviously something KitonBrioni loved and cared deeply for - his blog and participation at SF is evidence enough of this, and obviously his children understand that enough to make a post about the funeral on the blog. It is - in a matter of speaking - a defining aspect of his public internet life. It is him, and it is his legacy. That is not to diminish any other accomplishments of this man - however, other aspects of his life he did not choose to share publicly on the forum. Of course the members of the forum are going to have an interest in what happens to such an epic wardrobe. That interest is not an expression of greed or want, but an expression and interest of understanding the legacy of a specific aspect of that man's life, the specific aspect that we have interfaced with.

Amen.
post #115 of 233
When KB's demise has not yet been ascertained, talks about getting his wardrobe with the intent to profit from it reflects real class.
post #116 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

I wonder what Spoo would say about Vox's wardrobe.

You mean F Corbera...

I will accept any donations from Vox or even better RSS...
post #117 of 233
This thread will get mighty awkward if it isn't Kb who has passed away.
post #118 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

This thread will get mighty awkward if it isn't Kb who has passed away.

I thought exactly the same thing..
post #119 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

I wonder what Spoo would say about Vox's wardrobe.

Somebody has passed away, and condolences to their family. I think it's clear from that final funeral tribute post that it was the person who was featured in that blog.
I still remember vividly the Wednesday evening in mid-spring 2005, when I stumbled onto Kitonbrioni's blog. A friend and I had a good laugh that day. As others pointed out, the wardrobe was overflowing with clichéd luxury--cashmere, shearling, alligator everywhere. Nothing seemed to fit, it all swamped what seemed to be a frail old man. I periodically checked the blog over the past 6 years, often going through the archives.
I think he enjoyed himself in that blog, which was good...and he made someone else laugh...which was even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

You mean F Corbera...
I will accept any donations from Vox or even better RSS...

Actually, 2 weeks ago, I PM'ed another SF member much older here than me, asking about VoxSartoria. His SF membership disappeared...I recently discovered his blog...did he reincarnate in Styleforum?

Voxsartoria's shoe collection, shoe storage rack (or maybe even shoe storage room) gave me the chills. I had read about Imelda Marcos...but seeing Voxsartoria's photos was another experience...
The other thing is Voxsartoria seems to live exactly where I lived when I was in the US, it's eerie to see fit pics taken in places that are so familiar. Who knows how many times our paths may have crossed in real-life...
Edited by miran - 12/12/11 at 12:47am
post #120 of 233
Actually, 2 weeks ago, I PM'ed another SF member much older here than me, asking about VoxSartoria. His SF membership disappeared...I recently discovered his blog...did he reincarnate in Styleforum?
Voxsartoria shoe collection, shoe storage rack (or maybe even shoe storage room) gave me the chills.
The other thing is Voxsartoria seems to live exactly where I lived when I was in the US, it's eerie to see fit pics taken in places that are so familiar. Who knows how many times our paths may have crossed in real-life...
[/quote]

Are you a stalker?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What happened to kitonbrioni?