Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- drop 10/3 NWT Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Blue/White University Stripe OCBD BB4 Last post on 9/20/11 at 9:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Number of shirts in rotation? - Page 3
Poll Results: Number of shirts in rotation?Poll expired: Aug 28, 2011
169 Total Votespost #31 of 727/31/11 at 1:38pm
15% (26)Less than 10
34% (59)Between 10 and 20
20% (35)Between 20 and 30
14% (24)Between 30 and 40
14% (25)Bigtimer; over 40 (and wear two a day)
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 728/1/11 at 7:22pmThread Starterpost #33 of 728/2/11 at 10:33ampost #34 of 728/2/11 at 11:08ampost #35 of 728/2/11 at 11:22ampost #36 of 728/2/11 at 11:29amNot sure if this poll is meant only for sized dress shirts or also includes sports shirts. I think I've got about 90 total at the moment, roughly divided between the two types. I think I have a slight preponderance of dress shirts these days. Nearly all my shirt buying in recent years has been limited to them since the BDs can be worn equally well casually.post #37 of 728/2/11 at 12:19pmpost #38 of 728/2/11 at 12:52pmOver 40. Here's the breakdown off the top of my head.:
5 blue OCBD
2 pink OCBD
1 purple OCBD
2 white OCBD
2 white spread collar fc
2 white pinpoint
2 blue spread collar
1 green gingham
1 blue gingham
1 purple gingham
1 yellow plaid
1 burgundy plaid
2 blue houndstooth
3 blue check
1 purple check
2 blue bengal
2 purple bengal
2 green stripe
1 blue striped oxford
1 pink bengal
1 red bengal
1 blue striped
1 pink/black check
1 green/blue check
1 purple/black check
1 blue/brown check
1 blue/tan check
I got rid of 10 or so recently, but I'm sure I still have a few in the rotation not listed.post #39 of 728/2/11 at 12:59pmpost #40 of 728/2/11 at 5:42pmQuote:On occasion I'll order a different cuff ... but rarely change when it comes to the collar ... which is almost always a spread.
More often than not I'll order exactly the same shirt.
Edited by RSS - 8/2/11 at 6:08pmpost #41 of 728/2/11 at 9:58pmpost #42 of 728/3/11 at 12:46ampost #43 of 728/3/11 at 1:02amQuote:
<40 is small-timer. I'm sorry.
I've heard there's a support group, though. Perhaps you should Google it.post #44 of 728/3/11 at 2:00amI confess that I'm not really sure what a dress shirt is, or a sports shirt: I don't think I've ever heard the terms outside SF. Pretty much all my shirts are made identically now - semi-spread collar, two button rounded cuffs - and within the collection there is a spectrum of smartness based on cloth type/colour/pattern, but I would have a hard job dividing them into two distinct types - dress and sports. I suppose there are some that I would probably only wear with a sports coat or more casual suit - are they "sports shirts" then, and the rest "dress"?
I wear a shirt almost every day of my life, have done since I was six or seven. There are maybe ten or twenty days a year that I wear a polo or t-shirt instead. If you want a decent choice each morning and don't want to be doing your laundry all the time, I think it's nice to have about two dozen in total, if not more.
- Number of shirts in rotation?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1003 Active Users (179 Members and 824 Guests)
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 58 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Horween Cigar Shell Cordovan Captoe Boots Commando Sole Grant... 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 27 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 27 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...