or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread - Page 51

post #751 of 1555
yeah received first part of order including the leather slider belt. i saw it in the bleeker store on a mannequin and it didnt look that thin width wise but at home trying it on, i dont think i will ever wear it -___- guess it will go back

still waiting on shetland sweater in light grey, snowflake and a custom patch with bulldog (gtown steeze). snowflake will prolly go back if i cant get rid of that patch.

also got the cufflink/tie bar gift set, the gold and silver brass collar pins, and grabbed the velvet slippers. the slippers may need to go back cuz saturdays is an enabler
post #752 of 1555
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

yeah received first part of order including the leather slider belt. i saw it in the bleeker store on a mannequin and it didnt look that thin width wise but at home trying it on, i dont think i will ever wear it -___- guess it will go back
still waiting on shetland sweater in light grey, snowflake and a custom patch with bulldog (gtown steeze). snowflake will prolly go back if i cant get rid of that patch.
also got the cufflink/tie bar gift set, the gold and silver brass collar pins, and grabbed the velvet slippers. the slippers may need to go back cuz saturdays is an enabler



smile.gif
post #753 of 1555
Hmm I hope I like the slider belt more than you do, I've been eyeing one for a while.

RKD you might need to show me how you put a collar pin on, I can't for the life of me. Now the tab-collars on the dress oxfords are really nice, does the job the collar pin is suposed to - however the collar pin adds a nice touch
post #754 of 1555

Does anyone have the Student discount code this week? Or an .EDU e-mail address I can send one to?

post #755 of 1555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

STUD76308
post #756 of 1555

I need a topcoat to wear over a slim fitting suit -- never worn one before, but have a jcrew peacoat in xs, that fits me just right when I'm wearing a light sweater underneath.  But of course my suit is totally uncomfortable underneath the peacoat.

 

Never worn Rugby before, and wondering if their Chesterfield xs will fit similar to the jcrew peacoat.  Never tried jcrew's topcoats, since they are all listed as 36 instead of xs, and I have a 34 chest, broad shoulders but slim waist, and slim overall.

 

Does anyone have experience with both?  If so, have folks found Rugby's topcoat xs is the same as Jcrew's topcoat 36?  Or that Rugby is a trimmer fit?

post #757 of 1555
Hi guys,

getting ready to buy some stuff including a navy blazer. What is the difference between the 2 navy blazers on the site now. One of them is made in the USA and other is "imported". Which do you prefer and why?
post #758 of 1555
Quote:
Originally Posted by marin20 View Post

I need a topcoat to wear over a slim fitting suit -- never worn one before, but have a jcrew peacoat in xs, that fits me just right when I'm wearing a light sweater underneath.  But of course my suit is totally uncomfortable underneath the peacoat.



 



Never worn Rugby before, and wondering if their Chesterfield xs will fit similar to the jcrew peacoat.  Never tried jcrew's topcoats, since they are all listed as 36 instead of xs, and I have a 34 chest, broad shoulders but slim waist, and slim overall.



 



Does anyone have experience with both?  If so, have folks found Rugby's topcoat xs is the same as Jcrew's topcoat 36?  Or that Rugby is a trimmer fit?



Rugby XS is generally slimmer, but with overcoats they always leave a tad extra room, in my experience, for proper suiting. an XS fits well over a 36, a S fits well over a 38.
post #759 of 1555
Got the shetland shawl collar cardigan in yellow....definitely a nice piece !!
post #760 of 1555
Just a couple from yesterday:



post #761 of 1555
Nice vest, is it from this season? Fits true to size?

Thanks
post #762 of 1555
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

Nice vest, is it from this season? Fits true to size?
Thanks

I think I purchased this about 2 years ago, I'm sure it'll make a reappearance eventually. I can't even remember if its marked 36/38 or XS/S. I'll have to check at home, but it fits well.
post #763 of 1555
nice pics sat!

i received the snowflake along with a bunch of other stuff. the snowflake is thicker then i expected and is a nice pattern/design. i like the roll top collar. it is a bit scratchy but i wasnt expecting much plus its only rugby

great thing is the vermont patch is EASILY removable. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #764 of 1555
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

nice pics sat!
i received the snowflake along with a bunch of other stuff. the snowflake is thicker then i expected and is a nice pattern/design. i like the roll top collar. it is a bit scratchy but i wasnt expecting much plus its only rugby
great thing is the vermont patch is EASILY removable. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

glad to hear.

I got my stuff today as well. The Shetland Crewneck does pill if you pull rather hard on it, its pretty damn soft.

The Down Jacket I got is great, I think I'll be warm as an oven this winter.

I am a bit on the fence about the messenger bag, I sort of like it, but wish it was more structured/sturdy on the briefcase side. Also my 15" MBP barely fits in it, my work laptop however doesn't have an issue fitting.

The engine turn buckle is great, I should've maybe gotten a Sz 30, but the 28 fits perfectly with enough leather to not have the tail end dangle around, although I did not realize it was so thin...

Sport Shirts/Dress Shirts as expected. Fit well, OCBD with no logos is great, can never have enough white ocbds

The only thing I'm considering returning is the messenger bag, which honestly was cheap enough as it is, and I can get used to it...
post #765 of 1555
randomkoreanknt, can u please upload pics of snowflake jacket? Mine is yet to come but i can't wait Have u removed the patch yet brah?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread